Help ME understand HID Headlights!

Discussion in 'Exterior Modifications' started by NOTPAID4, Oct 16, 2012.

1. NOTPAID4

NOTPAID4 Platinum Supporting Member

When we bought Tee's 2006 300SRT used it came with aftermarket headlights and HIDs. We only have one LOW BEAM (driver side working). NO other headlights work and the ONE low beam that does work will only come on when the High beam switch on the interior is used.

Turn signals work front & back ~ but do blink extremely fast. All tail lights, brake lights and parking lights front and rear work OK.

When YOU look under the hood, there is about a softball size ball of wire behind each head light. What a mess! After tracing for about four hours, I found NO broken wires but a ton of splices. Both head lights have a balast and relay behind each headlight. I'm assuming YOU CANNOT hook these up directly to a 12volt source. The balast and relays must do something.

I looked and CANNOT FIND any stock wiring harness or plugs; believe the previous owner may have just cut those off.
    (Oh and the stock fog lights have no wires or plugs for those either.)

I really did NOT want to change out these headlights as they look GREAT however I see you CANNOT use stock bulbs in these lights.

Their are a couple of reasons I did NOT want to change head lights:
    1. Love the look of these aftermarket headlights.
    2. Did NOT want to have to rewire the whole lighting system.
    (Cannot locate stock wiring harness or stock plus for 2005/2006 bulbs.)
    3. The turn signals LED work and look very nice, although they bling FAST

Does anyone have any ideas where to START? I really hate to just start unhooking everything ~ a real mess ~ and NOT have anything light up.

Thanks for any imput!!!