HELP!!! Fuel line squirting!!!

Discussion in 'How-To/Tech Database' started by SRTLUVR, Jan 26, 2011.

1. SRTLUVR

SRTLUVR Detailing "Go-to" Guy

Aeroforce Gauges (2) & Innovate wideband sensor.

Went with the pillar pod Dave. I totally agree with your thoughts on the overhead placement, so that was a no go.....

2. HalV48

HalV48 They Call Me Patron

Gee Chase, you answered Dave twice, and skipped over Rodney. Where's the love? lol

3. SRTLUVR

I answered your question silly, lol...
    Only TWO GAUGES. The wideband is just the sensor for the aeroforce gauge.
    Those aeroforce gauges will be PLENTY for my current build. And when I eventually go F/I they're easily expandable. The wideband will also facilitate my dashdaq down the road. But only two gauges & a wideband sensor for now. Is that clear enough pookie? (Hal)

4. SRTLUVR

I answered your question silly, lol...
    Only TWO GAUGES. The wideband is just the sensor for the aeroforce gauge.
    Those aeroforce gauges will be PLENTY for my current build. And when I eventually go F/I they're easily expandable. The wideband will also facilitate my dashdaq down the road. But only two gauges & a wideband sensor for now. Is that clear enough pookie? (Hal)

5. SRTLUVR

I don't know why its posting everything twice?!?!?! Admin fix?!?!?

6. HalV48

HalV48 They Call Me Patron

Why are you stuttering Chase? lol

7. LegMaker

LegMaker LMI - LegMakerIntakes

i guess following the logical order of the posts and the context of each is a bit out of your realm of understanding dave........ maybe i can find a manual that you can read and quote from so you better follow along.......:thongue2:

as to my earlier question chase...... what was causing the fuel to leak?? was it the adaptor fitting for the stock fuel attachment or was it something else?? just glad to hear things coming together. looking forward to seeing this beast this summer!

Last edited: Jan 29, 2011
  8. SRTLUVR

Okay. Well even after the fitting arrived today, I'm still not running. One of the fittings on the elbow was leaking. So after ALL THIS MUTHERFUCKING FRUSTRATION (I'm literally on the verge of murder & regret doing this mod, it's cost me $500 so far), I'm sending the whole assembly (other than fuel rails & crossovers), t-fitting and all, back to Ralph @ S&P so he can mock up everything his way, the correct way, right from the start. So it looks like the charger will be sitting for another mutherfuckin week or longer!!!

The only decent thing going my way right now, is I have a buddy of mine using his little arms & little hands right now, finishing buttoning up that PITFA carbon fiber diffuser install. So I'll have that completed after three weeks, today!!!!

But until I get the fuel system operating & the car RUNNING, I can't do the coolant flush/bottle install, nor the motor mounts, nor the gauge install, nor the pulley install. FUCKING NOTHING CAN GET ACCOMPLISHED UNTIL THIS FUEL PROBLEM IS FIXED!!!!!

9. LegMaker

damn chase, sorry to hear. i am still curious as to why you would be having such issues with the fittings. i know the area behind the manifold can get a little tricky to get your hands in there, but i am surprised as to why the leaking is such an issue. do you know what specific brand the fittings are, or did i miss that part? i am sure ralph will get you squared away asap.

just make sure you have the car done by aug 12th so i can show what a fast show car looks like!! lol

10. 96GTS

96GTS New Member

Hopefully, they're not XRP fittings. Those things suck ass.

11. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

Holy crap, Chase...

Maybe Ralph needs to put the fittings on a number system for you? hahahahahahahaha :thongue2:

Sorry you are having to go through this. Look on the bright side, at least you have other kewl vehicles to drive around in. ;)

12. LegMaker

good point..........i would probably feel more sorry if it was chases only car.....kinda like the rest of us, but noooooooo, mr. chase has a nice stable of srt's to choose from!! lol

13. SRTLUVR

Reaching into the area, and working in it, is NO PROBLEM. I have great lighting, and have the wiper cowl, etc. removed. I've followed all instructions and advice to a "T." I'm not sure why this is such a fucking problem either. But what I do know is it will end up costing me $600 to get it done right. BULLSHIT. TOTAL FUCKIN BULLSHIT. I just wish I would have bought the S&P setup from the beginning. :dumb: :dumb: :dumb:
    Pretty sure they're not.
    Bright side is good. I'm learning a lot through all this. But at what price????

And he works hard for that stable, too. I didn't inherit SHIT. It's my money, not a fuggin trust fund. :) (sorry if that sounds loaded and harsh, don't mean it to, lol, just a little edgy right now cuz of all this)

When I got the fitting today, I was SO EXCITED!!! Cuz all I had to do was button it up, and put it all back together......but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. The little bitch AN fitting has to go and leak!!! So much for going to get my coolant flush & fixing my cooling problem!!!!!! :dumb: :dumb: :dumb: :sorry:

14. King Savage

King Savage Nasty Canasta

I am sure if I (well Cam, but you get the idea) could turn on my fuel pump, my fittings would definitely not leak....because they are on the shelf with my heads, near my block, which is near where the exhaust manifolds are, over by my pistons that are lighter by a few grams each.

:)

15. Quick

Quick Mgmt. - I can't help you

Chase, it's ALL worth it. You're going to get old sometime and you're going to know how to do stuff! priceless.

Valium works, beer and relaxing works better. You got to look at it as R&R time. Not some task on the clock. That's for Cam (and look what it's done to him).

16. StevoSRT

StevoSRT Moderator

Dear chase,

I have 44" of snow, and 2" of ice to deal with, and a project low tonight of 3.

My car wont see the road till April.

Just be happy its ONLY a week ;)

looove you haha

17. SRTLUVR

I hear you both! Loud and clear! :stars: :king:

18. Dookie

Dookie Foe twenny sics

Chase, you kept saying something about a bleeder hole in the fitting????
    I guess it wasn't just cocked in there...:(
    You can still do some of the other stuff while you wait on Ralph, tackle the gauges, go ahead and run everything, just don't turn the key on.

What pulley? UD?

Motor mounts can be done also...no since in waiting.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2011
  19. SRTLUVR

The "bleeder" hole, in fact, is NOT a "bleeder" hole. It's a small stainless pin that they drive into the swivel fitting to keep it attached. And apparently, when something is "over-tightened" it can "bleed" like mine did. :(

I can maybe install the gauges, but I CANNOT weld a bung in the exhaust for the O2 sensor for the wideband. And just to be sure we don't have to take something "back off" in order to access it, I'm just gonna hold off on the gauges. Just so I don't have to do any unnecessary double work. Plus, if the gauge pod has to come back off, I don't wanna ruin the current suede, that's on the A-pillar. You guys are really gonna dig the covering he's putting on my gauge pod, very swanky to match my interior.

And yes, Underdrive pulley. Powerbond 25%. Gonna wait to tackle that one with Walker. I believe that's out of my comfort zone, lol.

You think I can do the motor mounts by myself?? I can get the car jacked up, no problem. I just didn't think that was something I could tackle?? Is there a link to an install DIY??

20. Dookie

Dookie Foe twenny sics

No link i know of, but yea, i think it's something you can tackle if you have a way to lift and hold the motor and be able to move the motor over. Engine lift? Forklift? Overhead crane? Jib crane? Hook on ceiling with come-a-long? Whatever works. You may be able to fashion something and use a jack with blocks from underneath...If none of that is possible, just wait. You can rent an engine lift from AAA.

The UD pulley is similar, if you have the right tools, the job isn't to bad. Take your fan assembly out the way, buy or rent a puller...What pulley you running right now?

Last edited: Feb 3, 2011