HELP!!! Fuel line squirting!!!

Discussion in 'How-To/Tech Database' started by SRTLUVR, Jan 26, 2011.

1. SRTLUVR

SRTLUVR Detailing "Go-to" Guy

Here's the fuel rails I got:

[​IMG]

You can see on the right top corner from the picture above (which is actually on the passenger side) where the "male" end of the fuel line hooks into the stock line. Right below that there's a black rubber o-ring, which sits right in between that male end, and the next big silver coupler. I've tightened both the male end, and the silver coupler, as tight as I can and I'm still getting fuel squirting out!!! Have I done something wrong? Am I just a wimp?
    I just completed the install, and all the AN fittings are tight, fuel injectors are seated, all else is good. But when I go to prime the injectors, before I turn the engine over, all I get is fuel squirting out from that black o-ring??!! Any advice guys???? This was all pretty straight forward until just now, and it's pissing me off.....

2. SRTLUVR

Hopefully the gang from Speedlogix will pipe in, this is their setup. I'm just confused, it's like something's plugged up inside there??? And forcing fuel to squirt out?? I've got those damn couplers tightened damn good.....

3. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

Are you sure it is coming from the seal? If so, back the line off and inspect the seal. Ensure it doesn't have any creases in it (as if it were being pinched).

If not, check the (black) fitting that connects to the silver/brass fitting and the "T" fitting. Sometimes those need to be adjusted?

4. SRTLUVR

I'm done for the night, I've GOTTA get in bed. I didn't back the fitting off around the seal, as there was still very light fuel dripping out, I'm gonna let the pressure die down overnight, and mess with it tomorrow. But I DID inspect that 0-ring the best I could with a bright halogen light. And from where it's squrting out, there were no visible signs of tearing or pinching anything. Or anywhere on the seal, for that matter.

When I FIRST turned the car on, to prime the injectors, it was MUCH worse, like fuel just flowing right out, like dripping and draining. So I turned off the car, and let the pressure die down. Then I tightened BOTH couplers, and tried a second time. This time the fuel came squrting out, like in a fine stream, as if to signify that the leak had been tightened, but not eliminated. I haven't tried a third time, because I simply cannot get the couplers to tighten any further.

I simply wouldn't think that the pressure right there would be SO GREAT that it would force it to leak like that??? That's why I'm so pissed/confused.....

Thanks for the quick reply Ron. :)

Last edited: Jan 26, 2011
  5. MOL

MOL SHOW & PERFORMANCE

Chase, give me a call if you need help.

6. master_1011

master_1011 The Man.

7. StevoSRT

StevoSRT Moderator

Fuel pressure in the system (or mine is) is like 61psi or something like that, so the pressure is pretty good.

I had this similar issue, but with where my fuel pressure sensor tied into the fuel rail, not at that spot. Mine was simply that it was coming loose.

Make sure all the fittings are nice and snug. I have found that those fittings arent always as well seated as they seem (AN's are new to me lol) Thread locker/sealant like jeff said may be an option as well.

8. 1fastsedan

1fastsedan Destroyer of Warranties

That's exactly why Ralph uses a different set-up in that spot...fewer joints that might leak.

9. SRTLUVR

I took the day off work today, to finish this up. Took a vaca day. I'm gonna wipe down the 300 first. And then take another crack at it. I'll probably get crankin on this about noon CST.
    My cell is 205-907-6214 if any of you guys wanna give me a buzz. I hate bothering you all, so call at your convenience. Thanks for the input so far.

10. Speedy

Speedy Blown by Speedlogix

My guess would be a seal that is pinched and not seated properly, take it apart, inspect the o-rings and if they´re fine use some fuelresistant sealer as well.
    Don´t tighten to much, you´ll damage the threads eventually, but that depends on how big you are, I myself probably couldn´t... lol

Fredrik:grin:

11. SRTLUVR

Waiting to hear back from SpeedLogix right now. They're putting together a new line adapter system for me, that also fits better. Gonna try to have it overnighted, so I can button it up this weekend.

Why is, that no single mod I do, can just go as planned???? Lol.....

12. StevoSRT

StevoSRT Moderator

If i may speak for us all and say.....

It never goes how you plan....regardless who you are lol

13. LegMaker

LegMaker LMI - LegMakerIntakes

chase - like adam mentioned, i had a similar set up for my fuel lines when i first did the blower, and i had nothing but problems with that adaptor fitting to allow the stock fuel line to attach. i just ditched it and went with a new fuel line from tank to rails with standard an fittings. sounds to me like the o-ring is too small in diameter of the ring itself, or it is pinched in some fashion.

14. LegMaker

LegMaker LMI - LegMakerIntakes

ain't this the truth........:dumb:

15. Quick

Quick Mgmt. - I can't help you

You're just too pretty Chase. When you made the deal with the devil for your good looks it didn't come for free :grin:

16. SRTLUVR

LMAO Dave...... ;)

17. Flex Wheeler

Flex Wheeler 2nd to none!

Good luck bro. I hope you get that taken care of today and put some miles on that thing:ilovesrtc:

18. Speedy

Speedy Blown by Speedlogix

19. Dookie

Dookie Foe twenny sics

Like my Dad always told me...If it has tits or tires, sooner or later, it's going to give you problems.

Chase, you sound like you have it under control, if you need anything, give me a call...you're never a bother dude.

20. SRTLUVR

Thanks for the help Ralph!!! :D

In about 15 minutes flat, Ralph diagnosed what I needed and is shipping it out to me today!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH for easing my brain dude....this has bugging me all day!!!! YOU MAKE ME HAPPY RALPH!!!!! :rockon: