Heel/Toe shifting...

Discussion in 'Autocross/Road Racing' started by Bud, Aug 22, 2008.

1. Bud

Bud GG EVO IX MR

I'll bet none of you turds know how to heel-and-downshift....nor do I think any of you care!! See sig below!! lol

I would love to see anyone here get some formal instruction on how to drive so you can see what these cars can really do.

Just so everyone knows....this was a response in another thread that was created as a new thread because it was off topic. I wouldn't start a thread this way. I'd be a little more PC in the first post....and than let it deteriorate from there! LOL

Last edited: Aug 22, 2008
  2. Kevan

Kevan SRT-10 Owner

I HEEL-TOE in a 5200 lb. full-size truck.

I'm also the only SRT owner to also be a crew member for the SRT Track Experience.

If there's STILL doubt, ask Keith about my driving. :grin:

3. Bud

Bud GG EVO IX MR

Cool...at least there's someone here who isn't just a drag racer! LOL

I got timed out at the SRT experience for riding the instructors ass on the road course. I was pissed!!!! They had the cars with the coilovers too!!! bastards!! I've been spoiled in the military getting to go and trash cars at performance driving schools and not having to pay for things and really getting to push the limits. The SRT experience is a great marketing tool for Chrysler...but, not fun for me! lol

4. Quick

Quick Mgmt. - I can't help you

blah, blah, blah ... I know how to heel-and-toe downshift. Some of my cars weren't in the best of shape (snychronizer out) so you had to heel and toe downshift while doing real live double clutching (not the pretend double clutching where it doesn't matter if you get the rpms just right).

Some of us actually acquired some driving skills through experience. Might take less time and equipment learning from an instructor but it is possible. :thongue2:

jees, kids these days.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2008
  5. Bud

Bud GG EVO IX MR

Bullshit! Every guy I have ever driven with generally sucks and doesn't really understand vehicle dynamics...or at least can't apply them to driving surfaces. I know EVERY redneck "thinks" they know how to shoot. They might know how to wield a gun or site it in. But, when it comes to dynamic shooting, moving, communicating, etc...they all suck. No different then driving. Everyone with a car "thinks" they know how to drive....but they don't. Most guys have "gotten away with it" because they have good equipment...better than the next putz at the track. I can guarantee that you put me, or someone else who is actually trained, in the exact same vehicle and the times will be lower at the track (freaks excluded). I'll caveat this. I've been to six racing schools. After the first course, I was the only guy who had been to a driving school. Mind you, these are Navy SEALs as well. Guys who are fit, coordinated, highly competitive (more balls than almost all mortal men I've met) some prided themselves as being good drivers. I spanked them at almost everything we did. By my sixth course....it wasn't a contest...ever! So much that Tim O'Neil who is a board member at "Rally America" said he would allow me to bypass the first two levels of rally (fwd, awd) and go straight to awd F/I class. That's not a testament to me....it's a testament to the professional training and seat time with an instructor next to me.

6. Kevan

Kevan SRT-10 Owner

Bud- Hop in.
    I promise the ride will wink your sphincter.

If you REALLY think you're good, we'll try the roundabout!!!

7. Cam

Cam Management up n smoke

:please:

:bigwink:

8. Bud

Bud GG EVO IX MR

Alright....what's the roundabout? :friends:

9. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

Heal/Tow shifting...

For Bud and Kevan to continue their discussion. hehe

10. Quick

Dew it. We're not done pulling Bud's chain yet :grin:. Besides, he never responded if he could heel-toe downshift without the crutch of a synchronizer.

11. Kevan

Kevan SRT-10 Owner

Thanks, but can you change "TOW" to "TOE"?
    :grin:

12. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

no. lol that us purposely spelled that way. lol

13. Quick

I can fix it :grin:
    I was thinking Ron was mad that we pissed on his thread so he mispelled both Heel and Toe...

14. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

not mad... But yea, that was the reason. lol

15. Bud

Bud GG EVO IX MR

Whats a synchronizer? I've only Heel-and-Toe downshifted in a Mustang GT, Corvette Z06, Audi Quattro, VW Jetta, and Subaru Imprezza. I've only shifted without a clutch in a Jeep GC.

16. Bud

Bud GG EVO IX MR

No....Ron's just pissed I threw on my mod hat in a thread earlier this week when he and Snehal started getting off topic....in which I was kidding BTW!! LOL

17. Quick

Roundabouts are those traffic circles they have out East instead of proper intersections. They got one in Oakland where about 6 streets come together

18. Bud

Bud GG EVO IX MR

That's what I figured. I wasn't sure if that's what Kevan was talking about, or, if he had some super secret racing technique/drill I hadn't heard of yet! LOL

19. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

huh? didn't see that.

20. NetNathan

NetNathan Not the Momma

What is this discussion of Heel-Toe shifting?
    I can shift my automatic with my heel or my toe on the gas. It just takes a little while to take of my shoe to get to my toe.
    Oh...by the way....which toe?