Headlamp Assembly Needed (Crossfire)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by StevoSRT, Jul 12, 2010.

1. StevoSRT

StevoSRT Moderator

A guy I work with needs new headlamps on his Crossfire (2004). Any ideas where you can get them that's sub $500 per?

They have that faded scuffed look to them and when taken to a dealer, they said they couldnt do that standard headlamp repair kit thing with them as they were "too bad".

I figured, if they were just trying to get money from him, they would have done the treatment...THEN told him that it didnt work and that he should buy new headlamps lol.

But I will send him to a couple more places to get a verdict one way or another.

In the mean time, I told him I would try and find prices.

I dont know if any of the vendors have full headlamp assembly or anything like that. I know I can get them from Mopar for $459 and $554/$584 depending on the "code" of the headlamp.

So yeah....anything?

2. Dookie

Dookie Foe twenny sics

3. StevoSRT

StevoSRT Moderator

I already suggested it lol.

I think thats what hes doing in the mean time. But this is a "in the event that this doesnt work", might as well get some ideas ahead of time.

4. 1fastsedan

1fastsedan Destroyer of Warranties

Much like each LX, there are probably only 2 or 3 headlights for the whole Crossfire line. I'd start looking at pick-a-part type places.

5. StevoSRT

StevoSRT Moderator

I thought there was only one...seems as if there is 2

and first place i looked was Cleveland pick a part...have tried basically every site I could find since then, cheapest being the OEM parts place at bout $479-550 each.

Got any other pick a part suggestions?

6. Velociabstract

Velociabstract Full Access Member

It's hard to find good ones. All the early years had problems, many of which were replaced by the dealers. They have a tendency to fog up on the inside too as well as chipping easily.

Les

7. StevoSRT

StevoSRT Moderator

so basically go with the Mopar Parts ones so hes not stuck with the same issue and out $600? lol

Is that your recommendation?

8. 1fastsedan

1fastsedan Destroyer of Warranties

Did you try partslocator.com?/

9. StevoSRT

StevoSRT Moderator

"were sorry, but your search did not return any results" lol

10. ACRSRT

ACRSRT Full Access Member

LONG time no talk steve lol ok well this is what i do with customers cars all the time. First is it sceem to be on the outside of the headlamp or on inside?

If on outside get 1500 or 2000 grit sand paper and wet sand the lenses good, after that get compound and buff the lights dont burn the lens tho lol and then finaly i take like a buffing wax or swirel removed and buff them with that and just about all the time i get them to come out looking brand new

11. StevoSRT

StevoSRT Moderator

yeah buddy been pretty crazy around here lol. will shoot you a pm over the next couple of days about some shows and see if youd be down for hitting any of them.

I will let the guy know and he can give it a try. I dont think he is the most mechanically inclined.

Whats your dealers name again? I may just send him to you lol.

12. Quick

Quick Mgmt. - I can't help you

Somebody here did that a while ago. And did a sort of how-to on it as well? I forgot if there were additional recommendations on the progression of sand paper grit, and rubbing compound, and only sanding in one direction (maybe that was only 1 direction for each grit and right angles to the direction for the last grit?). Something like that.

Mine have gotten pretty bad here recently and I'm working up towards doing that. Maybe the Mother's or the Diamondite restoration kit would be easier to follow the sand paper with?

13. Velociabstract

I don't have enough knowledge about the issue to make a recommendation. Most people get the TSB done (13-Jan-05 - 08-002-05 - Lighting - Condensation in Headlamps) or buy the kit to stop the condensation on the inside and use the 3M restoration kit for the outside if needed. Good undamaged headlights are hard to find. You already know how much the new ones cost. Are they in stock? Lots of Crossfire parts have to be ordered from Germany and take a long, long time to arrive.

Les

14. StevoSRT

StevoSRT Moderator

well im gonna suggest he take the car down to ACR's dealership (unless he tells me otherwise lol). and get direction from them lol

15. Velociabstract

Good decision, smart man.

Les

16. ACRSRT

meadowland of carmel send him down and i can work my magic

17. StevoSRT

StevoSRT Moderator

I told him....he will probably make his way down at some point or another...he lives up in Poughkeepsie

18. ACRSRT

sounds good thankx steve. deff pm me bout the shows im down