Great run today! SRT10 vs. SRT8

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cvp33, Apr 11, 2010.

1. cvp33

cvp33 Full Access Member

Headed over a certain bridge here locally (in case this is on camera) today and ran into a breathed on SRT-10 Ram. Conditions were ideal, as in cars a 1/4 mile behind us and nothing in front of us for at least a 1/2 mile. We lined up at 60mph and ran up to 150mph. I pulled him good, but certain he wasn't stock as he hung on a little too good. Don't get me wrong, still 10 car lengths plus, but no way he should've been even that close. Fun run, nothing crazy, both vehicles super stable. Mine was eerily quiet and stable at 150mph. Haven't been there since VIR.

I'd love to know what this guy had for mods if anyone knows him. Florida plates, red SRT-10, plenty of gauges on the A-pillar. Probably military but don't know for certain. He exited at Jefferson Hwy and I went to sit on I64 for 30 minutes in a traffic jam.

2. TNCHARGER

TNCHARGER Moderator

You have to watch those sneaky 10s....a lot of em out there running in the 11s....:whistle:............come on up here to TN...I'll run you but it will have to be at the track...street no good...:bye:

3. Viperam

Viperam Viperarcheologist

Yea, it's kind of fun pushing that 4x8 sheet of plywood down the road at a buck fifty and making people wonder

:)

4. CentralTexHemi

CentralTexHemi PUNISHER

I've been in a RC SRT-10 doing 170 passing a sheriffs deputy that was alot of fun-LOL (I was co-pilot)

5. NOTPAID4

NOTPAID4 Platinum Supporting Member

WOW, that hadta be a lotta fun!!!

6. cvp33

cvp33 Full Access Member

Yeah, I'm not a street race guy by any means. Conditions have to be ideal. We had plenty of room to run and on a bridge nobody can pull out from a side street. It was easily the fastest I've ever had my SRT8 up to on anything but a race track.

He was cool. We got next to one another after the tunnel and he asked if I had a supercharger. I nodded yes and then used my hand to show "5" "2" "5" to represent the rwhp. I never did find out what he had, but I'd love to know.

7. durangatang

durangatang asphaultmeltingeuphoria

sweet! nice run!

8. Prof

Prof Cantankerous Old Fart

Ditto but you will have to come to Wadsworth, IL...

9. Speedy

Speedy Blown by Speedlogix

Sounds like fun, can´t wait to get my Maggie out on the road again, three weeks and counting...

Fredrik:popcorn:

10. LegMaker

LegMaker LMI - LegMakerIntakes

sounds like you had a little fun chris!!! had to be that sweet intake.......hehehehehe