Fuzzy Eyes

Discussion in 'Autocross/Road Racing' started by nevinsrt, Aug 29, 2008.

1. Cygnus

Cygnus Platinum Supporting Member

Dual sways no more :no:

After the install, the next day I threw a CEL... P0442. EVAP MEDIUM LEAK.

Figured my gas cap might be not sealed right. Its something they say to check when you throw this code. So I did, I clicked it 3 times and reset the pcm to clear the code. Bam again the light came back on. So now I'm like okay maybe I need a new gas cap. My wife goes and gets a new gas cap from Dodge, I install it... reset the pcm. Next day again, the CEL light came on and same code P0442.

I checked all the hoses/lines, connections and what not on the EVAP system. All looked good. So I said, well it wasn't happening before the dual sway bar setup so let me go back to the single ACR. So I did that yesterday, reset the pcm, and I haven't thrown the code.

What I think was occuring and you will see it in the picture below. The sway bar tension and possibly the plug on the EVAP system which was pretty much against the 2nd sway bar bracket was hitting. Possibly pushing part of the EVAP system causing a hose to bend to a point of causing a leak.
    [​IMG]

2. Goats

Goats God of skittles

I was able to move my evap over like 1/4" so the plug didn't touch just by looseing the bolts pulling the evap away

3. Cygnus

I wish I would have posted this before I took it apart, then I would have done what you just stated. I was unsure of the cause at first so I didn't want to blame the code on my dual sway bar setup. I'll run single for now, don't feel like going under the car in the current weather and doing it all over again.

4. Goats

Goats God of skittles

well u should have and when u put it back on u will know

5. nevinsrt

nevinsrt Getaway driver for hire

hey jesus are you running the stock size endlink or did you do what i did later and cut it down an inch?

by looking at your bar im gonna say your running the stock height endlink. if you shorten it down you can move your bottom bar to the back side. and your endlinks should both be parell to the ground.

6. Cygnus

Can't use the stock size endlinks for the dual sway bar setup. The bolt itself is too short. See my first pic on the install pics. The stock size endlinks are a lot shorter. I bought the same endlink kit you bought and cut the sleeve 1.5" which is what you see in the first pic next to a regular stock replacement ES endlink, didn't pane out so I went with the other piece I cut off which is what looks to be about 1".

Both custom endlinks were parallel to the ground when I had the dual setup installed. With the single setup and the ES replacement endlinks they are in a slant, top towards the strut which is the norm.

I did everything like the install but the bracket itself on the 2nd sway bar was pretty much up against part of the EVAP system.

I'm going to give a go again and see if I can move the bar back on the other end away from the EVAP system or move part of the EVAP system like Chris stated. Just have to wait till this cold weather is gone.

7. nevinsrt

shorter endlinks do fit its a little trickey when you put them on. i use 6in bolts from Lowes and took the bushing and sleve and went to work.

when i took off the old endlinks and put the new shorter endlinks on i put the tires back on first lower the car back down so it was lower then crawed under and adjusted the sway bar behind instead of in front, put the new endlinks back on and started the nuts jacked it up took the tires back off and then tighten everything up.

when the car is sitting on the ground both bars are now parelle instead of at a slight angle.

8. Cygnus

I didn't take off the tires at all. I can fit underneath the rear no problem. I lifted the car alittle bit but left the tires on the ground. Lowered the car for full weight/tension and then tightened the endlinks.

I finger tighten the sway bar bushings bracket first, then I work on the endlinks. Once I got the endlinks finger tight I then tighten completely the sway bar bushing brackets. Lower the car all the way for full weight and then tighten the endlinks. I was always told to tighten endlinks on full weight not off the ground. I did my front endlinks off the ground tightened them all the way and they sometimes click. Reason why if you can't fit under the car they say to used ramps to keep the full weight when tightening the endlinks.

I will give it a shot again, hope the cold weather is gone soon.

9. loxmith

loxmith Recovering Post Whore...

Sigh...now I wish I didn't have my factory sway bar sitting in the garage. Guess I'm just going to have to do something about that now. (well not now, but maybe when it warms up some)

10. Cygnus

I'm back to running just the ACR. Been too busy to re-install and move part of the EVAP system out of the way to hope to not throw a code. I've just been caught up with a recent project to be honest :).

11. Goats

Goats God of skittles

Make time it doesn't take long

12. nevinsrt

it'll warm up soon so you can get it installed. just keep playing with it.

13. Cygnus

Lol! Not with the project I've been working on. Check "Show And Shine" > "Exterior".

I'll have it on the car again soon!

Oh its warm enough here. Its been in the 70's. Just been busy with another project which I hope to have done this week. Then back to crawling underneath the car :).

14. KrazyRdR83

KrazyRdR83 Dig or Roll?

sooooo......what are the part numbers of the endlinks if you don't mind. going to try to do this...I thikn

15. nevinsrt

for stock height get 3 3/8
    for lowered get 2 3/8
    and buy a set of replacement bushings there sold in packs of 8

16. KrazyRdR83

KrazyRdR83 Dig or Roll?

alright, thanks

17. nevinsrt

no problem. let us know how you like it. and any questions let me know and i'll help you out the best i can.