Future of the Dodge Viper

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CentralTexHemi, Sep 14, 2010.

1. BLACK1

BLACK1 Head Monkey

Right-on, Tam! :worthy:

The "Viper" will always mean the 1st and 2nd Gen models to me.... The 3rd and 4th Gens were just SRT10s. ;)

2. TNCHARGER

TNCHARGER Moderator

I still believe the Viper is doomed if they dont make it more driver friendly...professional drivers are not who make up the Viper owners...it's the people that have the money and just want a powerful car......and "have the money" brings up another negative for the Viper.....the Viper's closest competitor is the Vette....a std Vette can be had for about 50% the price of a Viper.....a Z06 is $10K+ less and about as quick....

3. Quick

Quick Mgmt. - I can't help you

But I don't think the real value of the Viper to Dodge is in the Viper sales. Sure they have to sell some to make it viable but they don't have to sell enough to make a profit. It's like having a brand flagship. There is real value in what it adds to the name "Dodge". You think "Viper" you think "Dodge" you think engineering and technology, you buy a Ram.

4. TNCHARGER

TNCHARGER Moderator

I dont know...Dodge has already tried to sell the Viper and almost shut it down.........you cant impress investors with flagships...

5. StevoSRT

StevoSRT Moderator

I agree with what your sayin L....

Like I said, though.

If its me, I would rather see the viper name retired and just call it something else, than have the viper "dumbed down" for rich guys and their wallets.

I have nothing against making a "dodge Ferrari" which is all it will be, I just dont want it CALLED Viper lol.

That is just my opinion though.

6. TNCHARGER

TNCHARGER Moderator

I see your point now....yeah, I could go with that...let the Viper go down in car history as it is today....bring another name out to compete with the Vette.....a 2 seater something with a 440 in it...:bigwink:

7. 96GTS

96GTS New Member

This would be cool w/ a 500+hp N/A 440ci under the hood :drool:

[​IMG]

Attached Files: