For those not very computer savy

Discussion in 'The SRTConnection Lounge' started by CentralTexHemi, Aug 31, 2010.

1. CentralTexHemi

CentralTexHemi PUNISHER

For the longest time my home PC has been very slow to the point I wanted to shoot it, throw it through the wall or light it on fire:grin: so I called a computer tech buddy of mine and explained that I defrag often, clean my disk drive etc but it still runs slow so he directed me to

www.crucial.com and to do a computer scan of what my system is running to see how much memory I had and if I was close to or maxed out sure enough I was maxed out and whats nice it goes on to suggest more memory cards you can buy right there. The scan will tell you how much memory you have, how many empty memory slots are still left and you can buy the new memory right there I paid 85.00 for 2 gigs and installed them on my own in less than 5 minutes and WOW what a difference:mains:
    I think I had a nerdgasm.

2. nevinsrt

nevinsrt Getaway driver for hire

nice wade.

3. master_1011

master_1011 The Man.

lulz... nerdgasm....hahaha :grin:

4. DRKNE55

DRKNE55 The Badguy

yeah its def helpful. i suggest you get the ram specs and order from a better supplier though. crucial is shitty memory.

5. SRTLUVR

SRTLUVR Detailing "Go-to" Guy

LMFAO....nerdgasm. Did you touch yourself and explode astericks, exclamation points, pound signs, at symbols, and question marks all over the place??! :D

6. CentralTexHemi

CentralTexHemi PUNISHER

Thats odd every customer review was good and non related tech sites have it above average ratings for the ballistic tracer. The two I got were 240-Pin Unbuff dimm 128Mx64 DDR2 PC2-6400 CL4 w/LED

Last edited: Aug 31, 2010
  7. DRKNE55

DRKNE55 The Badguy

crucials ballistic line of products actually perform the same as its entry market products. with the ballistic, youre paying for the ram heatsinks and other frills, not the actual hardware. if you got a good deal on it, that makes all the difference.

as far as good reviews, pretty much the only people who give a review on a retail website are folks that find installing their own memory a technical achievement.

8. StevoSRT

StevoSRT Moderator

I had a mega "LOL" moment on that one

9. CentralTexHemi

CentralTexHemi PUNISHER

Computers may be your thing but reading apparently is not if you go back to my last post I stated that their site and OTHER tech sites not related to crucial gave them good reviews. As far as your other comment I was told to expect a faster multitasking computer and that is what I got after install so how is that bad regardless of my computer skill level apparently you have been butt hurt by crucial in the past or have some other agenda with other products that is making is necessary for you to be this way which will stop NOW!!

You should know better than to fuel the flame :getlost:

10. nevinsrt

nevinsrt Getaway driver for hire

LFMAO thanks i spit coffee all over my monitors i needed that

11. Big Bruin

Big Bruin Sea Bass

I like Crucial memory and have owned plenty of it... I review computer hardware and have looked at most brands, and it would rank in my top 3 or so, for typical computer systems.

But, you can find cheaper and perhaps higher performing stuff by looking around. My main beef with Crucial is price. Most manufacturers have configurators (is that a word?) to show what works with your system... Then head over to somewhere like Newegg.com for a good deal. Even if you do pick Crucial, it is typically cheaper at Newegg.com than buying from Crucial directly.

12. CentralTexHemi

CentralTexHemi PUNISHER

Thanks for the reply and appreciate the insight given you have first hand knowledge.

13. DRKNE55

DRKNE55 The Badguy

sorry wade, i have no idea what you were trying to type in that last sentence.

to put this into terms that are easier to understand, installing "flashy" crucial memory into a daily grind machine is just not worth the effort. its like serving jose cuervo to your customers and charging them for patron, crucial does that with its ballistic memory. you could have saved yourself $40-50 dollars by going to amazon.

MWAVE
    http://www.mwave.com/mwave/SKUSearch_v3.asp?px=PW&scriteria=BA25284

$48

AMAZON
    http://www.amazon.com/Crucial-Techn...=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B001CLSQ1G

$56.00

PNY
    http://www.amazon.com/PNY-Channel-P...=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B000PVNQLE

$40