First photos of Maddy (ChargerBaby)

Discussion in 'The SRTConnection Lounge' started by ChargerGirl, Apr 10, 2008.

1. ChargerGirl

ChargerGirl Mama / DB Geek / Driver

These were taken in order, starting with a couple of pictures on Friday evening thru the latest pics from yesterday. The blue lighting is part of some therapy to keep her from having jaundice, kind of like a tanning bed, without the tanning. She's looking better every day and seems pretty laid back when no one's messing with her. :happy:

Maddy really is a miracle baby. Apparently the embryo implantation wasn't the best, so her umbilical cord placement was off to the side inside of in the middle of the placenta, so she was already working with faulty gear. Most of the time when this happens, it results in miscarriage. Luckily she managed to get everything out of the situation she could and lasted to 30 weeks and was fairly healthy/strong to boot. :muscle:

This whole adventure started on April 1st when I woke up with a fever and vomiting and had to be admitted to the hospital. They were able to take care of the fever, and after a couple of days, realized I had acid reflux and treated that. Friday, the fourth I was hoping to go home, but around six am, I felt sharp pains in my lower belly and back and when they put the monitors on, Maddy's heart rate was irratic. They rushed me in for an emergency c-section and put me under general anesthesia. The whole surgery lasted only 13 minutes and I spent the rest of the day on a drip. By the evening I was feeling up to seeing her, so Marc wheeled me in. (that's the first couple of pics).

Her prognosis right now is looking really good. She's been able to breathe on her own from the start and pretty soon they'll be removing the nose canula (sp?) so her face will be freed up. Her weight is stable and her blood count is improving every day. Right now the only thing they are worried about is her bowel obstruction, which she's been working on getting out since yesterday. So hopefully by the weekend she'll be done with that and we can focus on keeping her fed and comfy for the next five to six weeks that she has to stay in the hospital. :happy:

Thanks again for all the prayers and thoughts, they are part of what's been keeping me together the past few days. I'm looking forward to getting her home and taking her for her first ride in the Charger (probably just a cruise around the block :bigwink: ). In the meantime, I'll keep updating this thread as we get more pics and videos.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

Thanks for sharing Tam.

Wow, Maddy has lots of hair.

How are you guys doing? You look good in the pics. Tell mom hello from us.

3. ChargerGirl

We're doing ok. After spending all day at the hospital yesterday, my feet were almost too swollen to walk on. So I'm taking it easy today and we're going up to the City after Marc finishes work. The incision's healing up nicely and I'm feeling better every day. Marc's hanging in there, just impatient he can't stay with her all the time, which is where I'm at. But yeah, over all, we're doing ok, just beat.

4. mrssrt10

mrssrt10 New Member

You and Maddy look good! Thank you for the pics. She really has long legs! She's going to be taller than her parents!!!

Glad to hear she is doing well. She's a tough girl! But you already knew that just from her movement!!! :happy:

5. nevinsrt

nevinsrt Getaway driver for hire

shes one strong baby!!!
    Congrats Tam and thanks for sharing!!!

6. HEMISFEAR

HEMISFEAR Ur Friendly Canadian

Awwwww...what a cutie. I can't wait until you guys can take her home. I'm glad things continue to look up T.

7. Mains

Mains Pobody's Nerfect

such a strong little lady Maddy is... huge congrats!

8. ChargerGirl

Oh and baby stats:

At birth she weighed 2 lbs, 10 oz and was 15 inches in length. She has a headfull of black hair and we're thinking the eyes will be brown, but they're still that weird blue/black color.

9. StevoSRT

StevoSRT Moderator

Awww mama and chargerbaby!....

looks like shes getting the best care she can get which is good!...always pleased to see positive updates!

hang in there Tam...you and mark will be home w/ the whole family soon enough!

10. Cheatek

Cheatek SRT once, SRT always

Thanks for sharing the pics Tamara, I know this is a real hard time for you. As a father of 2 I know how much your child means to you. Hang in there!!

11. The Max

The Max Full Access Member

wow. I can't even post my avatar or pictures and you have excellent pictures!

Wish you,Maddie, and Mark the best of luck. She and you will be home before you know it. Nothing like having the first child (Proud Parents) and you will relive your childhood thru your child. They grow up so fast so enjoy.

Sam

12. ntw0rk

ntw0rk Puesto en miniatura puta

That's great! Thanks for sharing!!

13. durangatang

durangatang asphaultmeltingeuphoria

Woww, she really is a miracle baby. Congrats on making it thru so well. Sounds like you guys are off to a good start after a few bumps in the road :)

14. DRKNE55

DRKNE55 The Badguy

wow tam, first thing ive heard about all of this. i didnt think you were gonna pop for another month or so...

i truly with the most luck i can give to the three of you guys. lots of love going your way for sure!

15. MotherMopar

MotherMopar The One, The Only... MOMO

Tam, precious! Thanks for sharing. My neighbors had a premie on Super Bowl Sunday... as with you and yours, everything turned out perfectly. Congratulations!

16. 66dvlbrd68

66dvlbrd68 Gold Supporting Members

Oh how precious! That's a lot of hair.
    Here's hoping mom and baby are continuing to do well. :)

17. Stretch

Stretch Silver Supporting Members

Too cute there Tam!

18. HalV48

HalV48 They Call Me Patron

Wow, just and you and your mother described Tamara. Long and a full head of hair. Maddy might have have shoulder length hair if she had been full term.

Sorry Cindy and I couldn't come up and see you at the hospital. We had a nice visit with our mother. Found out lots of stuff. LOL

thanks for the pictures.

19. cherbear

cherbear Supporting Member

You have an adorable baby girl, I hope all goes well for your family.

20. LegMaker

LegMaker LMI - LegMakerIntakes

tam - thanks for the pics..... i got a little teary eyed looking at her all wrapped up and with the tubes running everywhere!!! i soooooo hope everything goes fine with her and that you and marc get to take her home soon!!!! my prayers are with you three!!!