First Dyno Today

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nixon's SRT, Sep 20, 2008.

1. Nixon's SRT

Nixon's SRT New Member

Went to the corvette funfest in Effingham IL today and did 3 pulls on the dyno today. It was actually pretty interesting day. Had one corvette owner put his foot in his mouth. I was doing mine and he was up next and asked what do you think its going to put down, 315-320. I told him lets see. 377.5 on my first pull and he didnt say a word. He has a 2008 C6 with an intake and tune and could only pull 359. So it was very funny that my 4 door family car did so well. Alot of C6's could only put down in the 340 to 365 range, with one at 370 with full exhaust and intake. A C5 Z06 could only get 341.

I was running the newest version from Diablosport and 93 CAI tune. Any adjustments you guys would recommend from this graph?

[​IMG]

2. TNCHARGER

TNCHARGER Moderator

Lot of things affect dynos...your numbers seemed closer to stock based on others......but the Vettes seemed low too............what is your elevation and temps during the pull..

3. Trojan

Trojan Trillions Bro! Right on!

Congratz Bro! Shut that dude right up! Way to represent!:yahoo:

Great curve as well, Those numbers look just about right.

4. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

Get a CMR tune and you will see a 20+ hp gain.

5. Trojan

Trojan Trillions Bro! Right on!

My RDP tuned Challenger with CAI/T-Stat only pulled a 384/384. Not all dynos are equal either.

6. Nixon's SRT

Nixon's SRT New Member

Temp was 75 degrees and 95% humidity and pressure 30.15 - 500 Ft above sea level

7. TNCHARGER

TNCHARGER Moderator

That was some suckazz humidity.....you probably had a great pull based on that.........always fun to take a 4 door brick and embarrass the "real sports cars"...;):thumb3:

8. Nixon's SRT

Nixon's SRT New Member

Ya it was fun. I asked the owner if I could bring my 300 in and he was like if they will let you bring it in the gate, sure. Before I went and got my car from the parking lot, there was about 20 people around the dyno. As I drove to the dyno between around 6,000+ corvettes and couple thousand people I see people pointing and one guy taking a picture. Made me feel good about my car. After I got to the dyno, about 75 people wandered in to see my pulls. Alot where impressed after the pulls, but before people where like , its a grocery getter, 4 sedan, blah blah blah. Everyone asked what I had done. I said its stock with an intake. Oh well, it was fun.