First debate... Obama vs McCain

Discussion in 'Politics and Religion Discussion' started by Cygnus, Sep 27, 2008.

1. Cygnus

Cygnus Platinum Supporting Member

Anyone seen it? I caught about an hour of it... watched it to the end.

Those who watched it... any thoughts/opinions?

Seems both parties had good points and some didn't. Some I will agree on and some I will not agree on.

Obama seems to not be so argumentive, he was calm. Played it cool. McCain wouldn't let him talk when he tried to interupt to make corrections. Another thing I noticed is Obama would look at McCain while speaking on and off but McCain didn't look at Obama while speaking.

Here's an article for those who missed it lastnight:
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/presidential_debate_analysis

My opinion:
    Obama has some good points... hearing McCain speak he sounded just like Bush. McCain seems to be living the past and Obama seems to be living the present and what the future holds.

I will say this, who will I be voting for... I'm undecided still. I'm going to hear both parties out and weigh in the options. One thing is for sure, I don't want a President who will continue Bush's trend. American's as a whole are suffering for mistakes during the last 8 yrs.

2. Maximus from the 915

Maximus from the 915 New Member

I don't think I could handle a President who whistles everytime he says a word with an "s" in it. Could you imagine a State of the Union Address? I agree with your observations Figs.

3. TheSickness

TheSickness 1/2 Man 1/2 Amazing !

I gave Obama a slight win in this debate. It was on foreign policy and I thought McCain would kill him. He didn't and Obama more then held his own. Obama kicked his ass on the economy...That part was not close at all and I really think McCain is in trouble...He needs to do exactly what he is doing with Palin and keep her from speaking.

She is dumb as a box of rocks and lacks anything substitutive in comments she has made. The less she opens her mug the better it will be for McCain...The Veep debate won't even be close I guarantee that...Biden will chew her up and spit her out IMO..I hate Biden with a passion so I hope she has learned a few things before she drags her party down..:happy: