Factory clutch master cylinder connector won't fit.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by overclocker, Jun 16, 2011.

1. overclocker

overclocker likes cheese

I purchased a new Viper slave cylinder from Roe for my '04 Ram SRT-10. The factory hydraulic connector from the master cylinder doesn't snap in to the new Viper slave cylinder. Naturally, I found this once I had the trans all bolted up.

Other than the plastic OEM replacement, is there more than one Viper slave cylinder for this application? I got the one for 92-06. I thought that this Viper slave cylinder replacement for the OEM unit was a common configuration. Do I have the right slave cylinder and a wierd master cylinder? I have a question pending with Roe at the moment. We'll see!

Anybody else have this happen?

2. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

Interesting. I have not read about this type of issue, but then again, Maureen's 10 is nearly stock.

Please let us know what you find.

3. TNCHARGER

TNCHARGER Moderator

I havent read about anyone having a fitment problem. I put the Viper slave on the 06 I had. You sure they gave you the right part?

4. overclocker

overclocker likes cheese

I'm not sure I got the right part or not, but I give Roe the benefit of the doubt; I'm not in any position to argue since I know so little about these. I inadvertently started a sh#^storm over on another forum regarding this issue. It appears that the factory master cylinder won't fit the Viper slave cylinder, at least for the '04s. I ordered the rest of the clutch hydo kit from Roe, including the spacers. It arrived today, so we'll see if the connector fits.

Now, I'm faced with another question: do I need to install the slave cylinder spacer when using the Viper hydros with the factory clutch? The 18,000 mile factory clutch is still serviceable so I'm going to leave it alone.

5. TNCHARGER

TNCHARGER Moderator

Yes, you will need the spacers...or at least I had to use them on mine.........BTW..give Sean Roe a call or email him...great guy that is more than willing to help..

6. overclocker

overclocker likes cheese

Talked to Sean a few moments ago. (He actually answers his own phone!) 1) Yep. The slave cylinder spacer is a requirement, regardless of clutch. 2) Viper slave cylinders and truck master cylinders are incompatible, at least for model year '04. To upgrade the slave cylinder on '04 10s, the whole clutch hydro kit is required. The easiest repair is, obviously, a replacement OEM unit. That's what I should have done. :\

7. TNCHARGER

TNCHARGER Moderator

Sean is one great guy. I have emailed him at 1am and got a response within minutes. He is married to his work.

You will like the Viper setup better than the truck's OEM unit..

8. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

This ^^^^

Look at it this way, you are gaining valuable experience in doing this yourself. ;)

9. Tamddbce

Tamddbce New Member

This posts is*very*informative.*Thank you!

Last edited: Jun 20, 2015