Everyone with Nitrous!!

Discussion in 'Engine & Performance Modifications' started by GGreek5, Mar 2, 2008.

1. 1FST4DR

1FST4DR Supporting Vendor

Works great,Just a little pricey..Look in the near future for a little something that Billet tech is working on:shutup: It will be the cats a$$..

2. GGreek5

GGreek5 Olimpiakos

I havent really opened up the zex kit yet. Does it say what size jets to use for specific HP shots??

3. 1FST4DR

yes..very self explanatory

4. Blown-WK

Blown-WK cherokeesrt8 survivor!

Yes it gives you the sizes for 75, 100 and 125. Those recommendations are definitely on the safe side and your AF will be around 10.x You really need to get it on a dyno and run it then go down in fuel jet sizes until you reach a good AF.

5. HalV48

HalV48 They Call Me Patron

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Photo by The_Main_Event

Better shot of the N2O before engine candy. Check out those custom fuel rails and bracket.
    [​IMG]

6. FueledSRT

FueledSRT caught in a mosh

damn Hal that's a really nice looking engine bay.
    I am running a 75 shot Zex wet kit, with MSD window switch, bottle blanket, dump tube and purge kit. Don't use it often, kind of waiting till I buy some slicks so I can take it to the track because its full on tire annihilation whenever I run the nitrous

7. WAZZSUP

WAZZSUP God Bless Our Troops

X-Metal made up this bracket after initial install
    [​IMG]
    X-Metal bracket
    [​IMG]
    If you have the room add extra bottles, Nothing worse then wish'n for what's miss'n
    [​IMG]

8. srt-4chick

srt-4chick Silver Supporting Members

nice bottles

9. GGreek5

GGreek5 Olimpiakos

Well, I dont think there's a dyno place nearby to me. Gotta check. I just got my aem wideband gauge, gotta get that hooked up first. Wats a good, safe af during wot with the nitrous, and without?

10. WAZZSUP

WAZZSUP God Bless Our Troops

....just called to see what the juice is going for this year in the area (3.00).....What is everyone else paying? Who has their own big tank at home or work and is doing the refill. Man I need a dentist next door :)

11. billyboys

billyboys Full Access Member

Holy Cow...I called a parts store that sells it about 15 miles away and he wants $5.95 a pound...fifty miles away they want like $4.50....Guess you have to pay to play...lol

12. BTLFED

BTLFED Full Access Member

Anything under 11.7 is on the edge of being safe IMO, I personally run high 10 very low 11 a/f ratios because Im not looking to increase the risk of popping the motor for a extra 20-40HP.

Its $5/lb here but I found a guy who sold me the big bottle(100#s I think) and he charges me $2.50/lb to fill it. Its already getting up into 80s and 90s here, so all I do is freeze my small bottle and it takes 15lbs safely. Im not too keen on the idea of having that huge ass bottle in the garage next to the Jeep but I guess thats what insurance is for :blowup::stretcher:

13. mike@bwoodyperformance

mike@bwoodyperformance Supporting Vendor

150 shot here, nitrous outlet plate, custom zex kit (no purple box, separate big boy solenoids) zex maximizer kit (2 bottles), FJO progressive nitrous controller, purge, bottle warmers, Octane Series Bottle Volume Display Controller, B&G - BWoody nitrous CMR tune, ran 11.67 last season on a 125 shot with a zex window switch on at 4100 off at 6000 traction was definitly an issue MSD dash hawk last season was a consistant 3.21 0-60, upped the shot to 150 added the FJO this year nitrous ramping at 3200 off at 6200 havn't been to the track yet MSD dash hawk now 2.81 0-60. Airfuel at 10.9 to 11.4 NO2 jet .067 fuel jet .29 . Not trying to give a shameless plug here but if you guys are looking for hard to find nitrous accesories their available on our website at www.bwoodyperformance.com all FJO progressive controllers come pre-programmed when bought directly from us. FYI FJO controllers CANNOT be used with the ZEX purple box you must use separate solenoids.

14. billyboys

Sounds like a sweet set-up...Thanks for the info

15. Blown-WK

Blown-WK cherokeesrt8 survivor!

Dang Mike, thats a big nitrous jet. Where did you get those numbers? According to the jeep zex chart, that would be about a 170 shot. What did you make last time on the dyno? What was your setup then?

16. BJB

BJB Brian

Wow, I just got 2 80lb tanks for what I got going on and I think a paid $1.40 / lb I also purchased the refill station from Nitrous Dave and now we are official lol
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 9, 2008
  17. 1FST4DR

I pay 2.99lb here in S.Florida..Sometimes less,I have been doing business with this local speed shop for over 10 years so he cuts me a break on occasion..

18. cobrakid

cobrakid New Member

...everybody argues about jet sizing?

Some calculate at the motor, some at the wheels, some jets are different??????

I would refer to your particular kit, and take into account the
    different fuel injection PSI operating levels.

19. mike@bwoodyperformance

mike@bwoodyperformance Supporting Vendor

That was calculated at 150 directly from Matt Patrick at ZEX, to the wheels thats was only a 138 whp gain the last time we dynoed.

You cant go by the regular efi Zex chart follow the Jeep instructions, due to the Jeeo using a MAP sensor and the high fuel pressure the jetting is alot different. The jeep kit offered by zex calls for a 40 no2 - 21 fuel=75. 46 no2-24 fuel=100, 54 no2 - 26 fuel =125.

20. billyboys

I will be installing my Zex kit with Nitrous Outlet plate this weekend...with Zex tuning kit and window switch...I will be ordering plugs tomorrow..
    Is there any thing I should know prior to hooking system up?Window switch hints?Any suggestion on jets..Zex or ones that come with nitrous Outlet plate?
    What percent of timing I should pull via Predator?

All info will be greatly appreciated