EPA: California, other states can't impose their own emissions standards on autos

Discussion in 'Politics and Religion Discussion' started by stitchmonkey, Dec 19, 2007.

1. Brudda*Termite

Brudda*Termite On a Bicycle!

I read that the waiver was denied due to the fact California was trying to dictate CO2 emissions standards, which aren't really measured as a "pollutant" (we all emit CO2, deal with it) to be regulated. More global warming window dressing horse crap, and a bunch of other states jumped on the bandwagon to look green.

Hooray for common sense!

2. HEMISFEAR

HEMISFEAR Ur Friendly Canadian

Canada is becoming like California in their over-zealous attempt to control greenhouse gases and all that other crap. Our cars will be OK under a 'modified; category. I'm holding onto this one for a while but in 10 years, you'll have a lot of zero emissions cars with over 400 horspower. Will they sound like an SRT8? Doubtful. I can see it now, "Hey Scott! Can you play that V8 rumble track again and blast it this time"!! These cars will most likely make little to no noise. And so, is the word of Hemiseer. lol

3. Raland

Raland Full Access Member

X2... I'm ready to go full on mad max / road warrior if need be. Fast cars or anarchy!!!