Election 2008 HQ!

Discussion in 'Politics and Religion Discussion' started by MotherMopar, Sep 16, 2008.

1. MotherMopar

MotherMopar The One, The Only... MOMO

OK, let it all out, but let's not make personal attacks.

Obama: Commie or Patriot?
    McCain: Terrorist Slayer or Sissy?
    Palin: Well... we do have that other thread...
    Biden: No need to discuss him. He's a total lib-loser and part of the old boys network Obama claims he'll change!

2. NYCSRTATE

NYCSRTATE Maximus Want 2 Go Fastius

Can we kill em all and start over?

3. StevoSRT

StevoSRT Moderator

i think....they should just put the entire management/staff of the SRT/C in charge....we would totally take care of business hahahahahahaha

4. NYCSRTATE

NYCSRTATE Maximus Want 2 Go Fastius

First order of buisness 426 strokers F/I for all moderators!

5. DRKNE55

DRKNE55 The Badguy

a new shiny chally in everyones garage!

6. StevoSRT

StevoSRT Moderator

YOU HAVE MY VOTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :flowers:

7. HEMISFEAR

HEMISFEAR Ur Friendly Canadian

I hate how Osama doesn't hold his hand over his heart and face the flag during the anthem. Hate it. Don't understand it. But, maybe because he is

[​IMG]

that makes it ok?? lol

8. DRKNE55

DRKNE55 The Badguy

that drive me crazy as well.....it seems like he just isnt proud to be an American. something i think is one of THE prerequisites to being our commander in chief. i love this country more and more every day. i am honored to be an American, something that many people no longer are. do you know how many idiots dont even know our national anthem?

9. ChargerGirl

ChargerGirl Mama / DB Geek / Driver

Obama reminds me of those know-it-all Beta Club presidents back in high school. Very irritating just hearing him speak...that and if he's such a great orator, why doesn't he shut up rather than go on for five straight minutes of uh uh uh uh uh uh uh??? They make fun of Bush, but this guy sounds just about as stupid when he does that.

Well, remember how he didn't want to use his patriotism to prove he loves his country, but now every speech he gives has fifty BILLION American flags in the background? WTF?

10. StevoSRT

StevoSRT Moderator

we were taught it in the 4th grade, had to sing it every day in music, and on every sports team i have been on since...we were taught to sing with the anthem...

even on HS football we were taught to stand at attention during the anthem (our coach was Retired Army Vietnam vet) and would not tolerate anything less....but then again...neither did we....

:usflag:

You will never hear a better job of the anthem then this....

every now and then Obama might wanna show some respect for it...would help him out a little bit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8pDNRONglU&feature=related

11. SRT8

SRT8 MoPower

Change w/Osama. jk

12. DRKNE55

DRKNE55 The Badguy

ill watch it when i get home steve, cant see it at work.

youre exactly right though, i was raised (and it looks like you were too) to be proud of who i am and where i come from. its totally different now and that makes me upset and sad.

13. StevoSRT

StevoSRT Moderator

Carrie Underwood singing the National Anthem....best performer of it of all time...doesn't try to "pop" it up with her "style" she just sings it the way it was meant to be sung....

she shows RESPECT for it....

14. nevinsrt

nevinsrt Getaway driver for hire

just kick every one out and just put 1 marine in charge!
    no one would ever dare to F*** with our country!!!

15. MotherMopar

MotherMopar The One, The Only... MOMO

OK, so in typical EQ thread-started fashion, this has gone off topic a little, but I'm cool with it... lets see where it goes. There's another Election thread on here...

As for the American pride comments, I have a hypothesis of sorts:

This country has become more liberal over time and one result of that is multiculturalism. Where many cultures, values and beliefs are accepted by the general population (at least in theory) and folks of varying ethnicities or national backgrounds tend to view and identify themselves as more a part of a micro-culture rather than the greater American culture... in essence, we (America) have become more heterogeneous (opposite of homogeneous which is generally speaking, where we're all alike in beliefs, thoughts, values, culture, etc.). That's why you have folks riding around in their cars with foreign flags and bumper stickers displayed... and nothing American... and its 'accepted'. This has also lead to the 'blame America' mentality. Unfortunately, I see this general concept all too often in San Diego. There's one house I see almost daily that flies a Mexican flag, but no American flag! Don't get me wrong, fly the Mexican flag if you want... so long as its under an American flag on the pole!

As for Obama, who knows what his deal is other than the above. Its almost as if it is 'cool' and attractive to a portion of the population to disrespect the USA... and he's either a true believer in that mentality or he is playing up to those minded individuals. Either way, its BS!

16. StevoSRT

StevoSRT Moderator

sorry bout the off topicness hahaha

however....i think what we were at least trying to say is very similar to what you said there. It IS almost "cool" to be blatantly against us....which again is not something i'd like to see from the leader of our country

17. DRKNE55

DRKNE55 The Badguy

just watched it stevo, yeah its really good dude. any rendition that gives you goose bumps is def a good one. i dont even want to tell you what i would do to that girl later that night after something like that....lets just say my flag pole would be raised for a solid 4 minutes. :love:

best male singer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7RQ75-RYGE

best hottie with an amazing orchestra:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GzlGMxJO7U

best female singer whitney:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qciWEufZ2xA&feature=related

all time fav though....all star game marvin gaye.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRvVzaQ6i8A&feature=related

damn, im feeling really patriotic right now. haha

18. TheSickness

TheSickness 1/2 Man 1/2 Amazing !

It surprises me that this far into the election cycle many of you still believe the way you do. It shows a lack of critical thinking and an ability to not think for ones self. I don't hold my hand over my heart at the singing of the National Anthem either...It's not a requirement ! Only during the pledge. Typically stand at attention when the cheesy song is played or scratch my balls. The hype over such idiotic non issues is troubling. Talk about real issues like our great economy ??? Maybe Obama is also responsible for that shit heap as well..? Baaaa baaaa black sheep lead me to your polling place :p

19. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

I absolutely AGREE! WOW, she did America PROUD!

If only people today would actually LISTEN to the words of our National Anthem.

It was written during the war. The words describe EXACTLY what America went through to become a FREE country and to fight of the British. Our FATHERS fought hard and long with the Red Coats to ensure our freedom and way of life. They even came up with a GREAT Anthem so that "WE" (America) will not forget the sacrifices they endured to ensure us a GREAT country.

Anyone who does NOT respect that, honor that, or even believe in the Anthem can go to a Communist run country and live!

20. TheSickness

TheSickness 1/2 Man 1/2 Amazing !

Country music sucks and so do the singers..:ronlove: