Does ANYONE know which relay??......

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Electronic Modifications' started by SRTLUVR, Feb 27, 2010.

1. SRTLUVR

SRTLUVR Detailing "Go-to" Guy

I fuckin give up......I can't take this stupid fucking ridiculous mother fucking absolute complete fuckin bullshit of a problem ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'd like to just kick in the fuckin doors of this stupid fuckin car. It's been GORGEOUS weather for the past three days. And I can't drive my fuckin car I have $30K invested in because of a stupid fucking cooling system problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't even know what to do at this point????????????? BESIDES SAY FUCK IT AND BLOW THIS FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT SKY HIGH WITH DYNAMITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Quick

Quick Mgmt. - I can't help you

so... can we assume that swapping out (2 of the 3) relays didn't do it?

3. SRTLUVR

Put two of the three in, yes. The bottom two that are on top of each other.....
    Got about 10 mins, up the road (5 mins town, 5 mins interstate) and got off on an exit. I pulled off at the red light and turned into a grocery store parking lot, as the car began to heat up (206*), popped the hood and got out. NO FANS ON! AT ALL!
    Turned the car off, and swapped the top relay (the one I DIDN'T REPLACE) with the bottom new one. Turned the car back on, and HS Fans are on!!!
    Get back in car and hit interstate for about 10 mins. Perfect. Drive thru town for about 10 mins. Perfect. But as I pull in the front of my neighborhood, at a cool 186* the temps start spiking back up again to 224* then back down to 208* then back up to 224* again as I pull in my garage. WHAT THE FUCK!!!!??? I've seriously had about all I can take of this bullshit. I don't even enjoy the car anymore.................

4. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

You have a wire shorting out, Chase. Check your connectors at the fan, then start tracing back to the the relays.

Otherwise, take the car to your dealer and have them starscan it...

5. LegMaker

LegMaker LMI - LegMakerIntakes

^^^^^^ BINGO!!!!

i am with ron on this one...... i said it in one my pm's chase.... you must be dealing with some kind of electrical short/loose wire. i get the occassional spike, but only right after the t-stat opens. let someone with a starscan determine what is going on and be done with it!! you can keep throwing money and parts at it to no avail........

6. SRTLUVR

Sorry for all the F-bombs.....I'm just beyond pissed at this point.....And the next two weeks for me are wide open busy, and I won't have time to jack with this shit. I was hoping to have solved this two-month demon today, so I could actually begin enjoying the car. GUESS NOT! :( I don't know when I'll have time to take it to a dealer, let alone one I trust......the one I DID trust got shut down.

7. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

Yea, Kyle and I had discussed this the other day, but Kyle was almost certain of the relay issue. Especially since he has already been through it.

Hang in there Chase, remember, I had to deal with emissions for nearly 4 months. haha I feel your pain, brotha.

And no worries on the F-bombs, we not only help and joke, but are here to allow others to vent as well. :) :friends:

8. Dookie

Dookie Foe twenny sics

Well Ron, i still; think it's electrical/relay related.
    No worries dude, completely understandable to be frustrated. But it sounds like a short like ron and chris said...Recheck all your connections...i mean REALLY check. Be sure a spade isn't trying to come out the back of a connection...I had that happen on a front O2 sensor that gave me fits for weeks. Maybe get away from it for a few days...You once told me about your "installer" friend...See if he wouldn't mind helping you track down the situation. Someone with overall automotive knowledge and a decent amount of electrical know how should be able to help...I really sorry i can't be there under the hood for ya bud...ya know i would.

One more thing...chill, take a breath, drink a stiff one, and smile...life is good brudda! :)

Last edited: Feb 28, 2010
  9. LegMaker

LegMaker LMI - LegMakerIntakes

ditto to what ron said..... vent at will brother, we are here to help!!!

10. SRTLUVR

Well I appreciate it boys........she's sitting tight right now. I'm taking off work tomorrow at noon. I'll call Walker, if he'd be so kind, and business providing, to take a look at it, then I'll go that route. If not, there's a dealership about 15 mins from my house (I hope the piece of shit makes it) that I can go to. But you better believe I'll be calling the service advisor ahead of time, so he knows he's getting an anal-retentive-cry-baby-bitch about to bring in his Charger for a quick examination, lol. :)

Are you guys thinking they can starscan it, and find out immediately what the problem is???? It can trace the issue? Cuz they sure as shit aren't driving it!!!

11. King Savage

King Savage Nasty Canasta

Once you figure it out Chase you will laugh at how much you let it bother you. :) btw, it could be worse...I had an intermittent tick or knock...

[​IMG]

12. SRTLUVR

Lol. Thanks Jon. At this point, I wish it was something that big that I could just put my finger on and replace!!! The fact that it's been this cat & mouse bullshit is what's pissing me off!!!!!!

13. King Savage

I hear ya bud. At this point you have to absolutely methodical. Start at each fan and pull connectors. Look at every terminal/connector, put your eyes and fingers on every inch of that wire, literally, and follow it as far as you can. That way you can eliminate that (as far as we can, anyway) and move on to the next.

The fact that you SAW with your own eyes that the HS fan was NOT running when you popped the hood with a high coolant temp is golden. That will lead you in the right direction. This is very valuable.

Here's some more humor for ya...just to show you that you are not alone...

When I was troubleshooting my tick or knock, I ended up here:

[​IMG]

Well, I have this really nice rolling table that I had all my valve train parts laid out on white towels juuuuust so...you know, all careful and delicate.

After I was done scrutinizing every coil of every valve spring, I decided to put it back together. I took the #1 intake pushrod and dropped it into the "intake hole." Then it was GONE. Missing...as in not there. I dropped it down an oil return hole. After 20 seconds of disbelief I had a melt down. I got behind my cute cart and was headed out my driveway to push the whole MF down an 8 foot dirt hill next to my driveway. Seriously. The only thing that stopped me, briefly, was my neighbors were outside and watching me as I "said things."

As it was all I ended up doing was grabbing one of my rocker shafts and giving my cart a "Hassan CHOP!"

Later, I opened my tool box, retrieved my magnetic probe, stuck it down the hole and got my push rod back.

You are not alone my friend :)

14. SRTLUVR

LMFAO!!!! Thanks Jon......
    Hi. My name is Chase........(group responds) "HI CHASE."
    And I'm a psychotic-all-in-anal-retentive-nothing-matters-more car owner........

15. Hemi31

Hemi31 [email protected]

chase I will save you some misery here......just order the high speed fan and replace it.They go bad,it's pretty common.I just had to get one for mine as well.I have yet to see a relay go bad.

16. King Savage

X2

10 char

17. SRTLUVR

I've already done that. :( along with new ect sensor & two thermostats.......

18. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

Yup. This is a few weeks ago news.

19. Dookie

Dookie Foe twenny sics

Erik...now you know of a relay going bad....mine numb nutz...where the fuck you been? Ya might wanna visit the C a little more often. ;)
    BTW...u see my avatar latley

<---------------- She wants yer number.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2010
  20. Hemi31

Hemi31 [email protected]

Must have been on VACATION when all that went down.....you know....Daytona,Bradenton,running around Florida for a week and a half....pfft...lol