DETAIL: Menzerna SIP + Tropi Care TC-3 Sealant xP vs. Ford GT

Discussion in 'Detailing Tips and Tricks' started by Steve@Tropi-Care, Apr 24, 2008.

1. Steve@Tropi-Care

Steve@Tropi-Care New Member

Yesterday I had the chance to do the initial detail on this sapphire GT for a local customer. After a thorough wash/rinse to removal light dust and road grime, I used the gray Clay Magic claybar on the surface to remove any contaminants before any buffing. The surface had minimal except for some tar residue on the fenders behind the wheels.

A second rinse was done after clay bar and dried off before any buffing was done. Some fine scratches were evident on the surface and this gave me a chance to the use the Menzerna "Super Intensive Polish". For this car, I used the UDM equipped with a lightly moistened orange CCS buffing pad at speed 5 and moving at the rate of 1"/second across the surface for correction.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Once satisfied with the results for today, I rinsed the surface once again to remove the light SIP dust residue which settled in the nook and crannies of the car. The SIP has no protective abilities as it does not contain any wax or silicone. In addition, it finished down squeaky clean with no micro-marring. To complete the treatment, I used the TC-3 Sealant xP applied with the blue CCS pad at speed 3.

At 80 degrees, the product hazed quickly and wiped off easily with our blue microfiber polish towel. To complete the exterior, the tires were dressed with our water based dressing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Comments and questions welcomed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. DRKNE55

DRKNE55 The Badguy

wow, that blue sure is puuuuuurdy.