Dent Removal...

Discussion in 'Exterior Modifications' started by KrazyRdR83, Jan 31, 2008.

1. KrazyRdR83

KrazyRdR83 Dig or Roll?

What's the best way to take a dent out of the fender, bout golf size (plus some scratches)...got hit by something kicked up by a car in front of me last night...really pissed me off

2. CentralTexHemi

CentralTexHemi PUNISHER

If its not on the crease call any local car dealership and ask them who they use for paintless dent repair they will usually let you drop in on them while they are on site to fix the dent, the scratches can be buffed out using some 3M rubbing compound and follow up with some 3M finishing glaze, if the scrathes are felt with your fingernail you may need a pro to fix it. It may take several buffings using the rubbing compound but keep at it, a more skilled person could try wet sand with a very high grit, sand to a haze, then rubbing compound with electric buffer, then finishing glaze,sandpaper but do not try it if you have never done it. I usually start with clay baring the area first to remove andy loose material and for a clean surface

Last edited: Jan 31, 2008
  3. KrazyRdR83

KrazyRdR83 Dig or Roll?

^^^ thanks for the tip...the scratch is deep. Geez...so much for bolt-on's

4. psi chick

psi chick New Member

it shouldn't be that bad. i think it's something like $75 a pannel for the dent removal (at least around here)

5. CentralTexHemi

CentralTexHemi PUNISHER

Yeah $50-$75 is the norm, most will not charge you if the dent will not come all the way out. I found a guy here in town and for $150.00 you sign up for a whole year of dent removals, well worth it if you have to park in a parking garage etc....Sometimes I feel hanging those bumper guards like you see on boats on the side of the Jeep when I park-LOL

1 more thing, the guy who does the paintless dent repair will more than likely be able to buff out your stratches if it is not severe, usually part of his job.

6. CentralTexHemi

CentralTexHemi PUNISHER

Damn Amy you might be the fastest girl I know and thats the good kind of fast, props girl. As Cavino and Rich would say, your one fast nussie

7. psi chick

psi chick New Member

lol thanks :rock: