Deal or NO Deal??? 305x40x22s ???

Discussion in 'Rims and Tires' started by NOTPAID4, Nov 13, 2011.

1. NOTPAID4

NOTPAID4 Platinum Supporting Member

Like most weekends I was at the fleamarket this weekend and seen a new tire guy there selling NEW and USED tires. So I go over just to take a look. And what are the FIRST tires I spot..... 305x45x22s..... they looked pretty tall to me.... so I say to the guy, some friends, I believe, have run this size on the back of their magnum wagons... but NOT really sure IF it was 305x45x22 ~ OR ~ 305x40x22 and he takes me and shows me a set of these.

Then I was thinking ~ What was the size those guys were running; couldn't really remember and didn't look like much of a difference between the 40s or 45 series.
    Any ONE know what size those folks were running???

Then, our of curiousity..... just hadta ask; HOW MUCH? The guy say hold on let me check...........comes back and says 305x40x22s are $166 each >>> What!!!

That sure sounds like a hella PRICE!!! Shoot don't care which brand.

So was wondering............

Deal or NO DEAL ??????????????

P.S. I also believe you'd need a pretty wide wheel to run these; more than a 22x9.... would that be right? Know they'd fit my SRT as I have 10.5" wheels on the rear of that one. Any RUBBING Problems, height or width???? And which tires are preferred the 305x40x22s OR 305x45x22???

Last edited: Nov 13, 2011
  2. MOL

MOL SHOW & PERFORMANCE

That is a tall tire for a 22" on our cars. With a 305 I would be looking for a 25 or 30 series.

3. NOTPAID4

NOTPAID4 Platinum Supporting Member

Thanks MOL for that info; figured maybe the sidewalls would be too big. Wasn't really sure though.