Cylinder Head Shootout

Discussion in 'House of Power Racing' started by HoP Racing, Nov 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PPPAndy

PPPAndy New Member

Yes, that is him.

2. Hemiguy

Hemiguy Internet Expert

Sorry, but I had to come back to clear once thing up.
    LOL, I talked to Marty, Stu and You for a cam grind. I chose which one I thought was best. Same cam..... lol, I'll leave it at that.

3. Trojan

Trojan Trillions Bro! Right on!

interesting.

4. PPPAndy

PPPAndy New Member

Last edited: Feb 16, 2008
  5. Hemiguy

Hemiguy Internet Expert

Marty suggested 23x/24x which was not gonna work with current tunning.

Stu recommended 218/222 56x/57x @113

Yes, similar but not the same grind your cam guy came up with.

KRC has had the 218/222 grind for almost 3 years now. You should know.

Enough already, back to the topic at hand.

6. Mr. 392

Mr. 392 New Member

I POSTED MY NAME,ADRESS FOR ALL TO SEE HERE.
    I have a set of stock valve heads from STU.
    I am getting a 392 built for me this year,and am in the market for some big valve heads,i came into these forums looking for a fair test on big valve heads,i dont see it.
    I got nothing to hide,so dont make it sound like you discovered some big secret,since like i said i posted who i was in these forums already.

7. PPPAndy

PPPAndy New Member

Just pointing out that the guys that are complaining about the test are only upset because their heads didnt win. Me and Stu talk 3-5 times a week, so dont try to turn this into a PPP vs Stu issue. Im sorry you dont like the results, I had nothing to do with the test, lets move on. As I have said 100's of times, the Stu heads are great heads and I have no complaints about them period.

8. markus

markus Silver Supporting Members

how dare you have superior heads

9. bigrichard

bigrichard New Member

darn what a loss, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

DH (all in good fun)

10. Mr. 392

Mr. 392 New Member

OK,OK.
    IM WILLING TO LET THIS GO,I HAVE SAID ALL I WANT TO SAY.
    EXCEPT I FINAL QUESTION.
    When hhp and Stu were told that they would all have the same tune for each vehicle.
    Did ANYONE tell them that the tune you were going to use,was going to be a custom cmr tune,that was specially designed for the last 2 months on trojans car SPECIFICALLY FOR PPP AND STAGE 3 HEADS.
    NO one EITHER ppp or yourself has answered this question.
    SO to get me out of this thread just answer the question.
    Thanks GRANT.

11. PPPAndy

PPPAndy New Member

How can I answer that, I wasnt a part of this process, I dont know what was communicated. According to this thread, there were comments that everyone knew, but I will let them answer as I have no idea.

12. HoP Racing

HoP Racing Mad Scientist

The problem Mr 392 is you don't have all the information. Go back to the begining and read....please.

All the vendors knew that we had a BASELINE TUNE. We had the PPP heads on the car specifically because I like CNC'd heads, they where asked if they would like to be involved in this shootout, no delay they agreed. All the other vendors where supposed to supply HoP with OFF THE SHELF HEADS. Some did, and some MASSAGED roflmao their heads (honestly keeping it PG-13 mods) :dance4: to perhaps get a little something on the rollers. To my knowledge the only vendor that may have had a problem with the "baseline tune" was Stu. Since that was the case we changed the tune for his and all the others. I can only add as much timing the car will take till I start to lose peak torque, once that happens you can either push it with fuel and hope for the number or pull it back out. Each set of heads where given the same treatment, the baseline tune made the most rwhp believe it or not. Ask Chris he was there and I ALWAYS LOG. Remember I was perhaps the first shop to say start logging your KR back in the day. I'm all about data, this is why I did this test in the first place, it's for me to know, and now you folks will know. Honestly all this bickering is over a measly at most 15 rwhp. The test was close fellas real close. I read your posts at the other forum and it sounds to me like Stu has a lot of friends over there and that's good, remember he was given the same time frame as all the others where given. Point being stroker motors want big valves, stroke=cfm it's not rocket science. Did you really think that all these heads that where tested would lay down the exact same rwhp? I honestly expected more questions from this test, than finger pointing and rumors.

13. blk6.1

blk6.1 "Black" The fastest color

Can we just post the dyno graphs while we are waiting for HOP to finish the write up and summary. As this is dragging on I am starting to lose interest.:yawn:

14. SOUTHERNHOTROD

SOUTHERNHOTROD Supporting Vendor

Let's see the results so I can start asking questions. :king:

15. mtcraigco

mtcraigco New Member

Would like to see the charts and graphs myself. Very interested in "power under the curve" vs peak numbers.

16. Raland

Raland Full Access Member

X2 on that. gaining 20 hp at 5200 is fine but I'd rather get 10 hp across 2500-4000 where I'm actually driving the car most of the time.

17. 1fastsedan

1fastsedan Destroyer of Warranties

I'm still interested in hearing more about the machining of the heads, installed valve height issues, etc.

18. Mr. 392

Mr. 392 New Member

nOV !9TH;
    hOP YOU POSTED THAT QUOTE;
    WE are happy about the hhp stage 3 camshaft we are going to use Instead of the tombhawk.R.I.P. cam.
    When was this decision made.???.

NOW : PLEASE FOR THE LAST TIME.
    WHEN YOU CONTACTED HHP AND PR@D

DID YOU TELL THEM THE BASE TUNE YOU WERE USING WAS NOT A GENERIC TUNE.
    BUT THAT IT WAS THE TUNE THAT TROJAN HAD JUST SPENT QUOTE 60+ CMR DYNO TUNED RUNS ON CUSTOM TUNING HIS CAR.

Surely your not going to tell me that they knew that was going to be the base tune,and that they still agrred tio send there heads in.
    Please just a yes or no answer.
    Yoou have asked me to re read all 42 pages and no where in there DOES IT say that the vendors knew that the Base TUNE,WAS ACTUALLY GOING TO BE TROJANS OWN CUSTOM TUNED 11:97 1/4 MILE RUN.
    THAT HE SPENT QUOTE 100 OF HOURS CUSTOM TUNING HIS CAR WITH.

19. JMatt

JMatt Platinum Supporting Member

Mr. 392 - who cares. Move on.

If you'd like to run a test of your own - go buy multiple sets of heads, run your tests, and we'll decide what credibility to give your results.

Why don't you just back down, let HoP post whatever results they feel like posting, and you can decide what credibility you'll give their results.

Enough. You clearly like some vendors, and don't like others. We get it.

It's pretty silly to attack something as being "biased" when the whole world can see your "bias" in your very attacks.

Let it go.

20. Ted@AllUSA

Ted@AllUSA Mopar Parts Distributor

As one of the vendors that submitted heads for this shootout.
    We knew that the tune was was already set to one specific set of components.
    We also did not expect to receive any special tuning for our cylinder heads.
    We felt completely comfortable with the way the test was to be conducted.
    We did not expect to be the highest performing cylinder head, due to the custom tuning being preset.
    We have no problem with the way the test was conducted, as there is much more to the test than just peak numbers.
    We wanted to show the quality of the Mopar Performance Cylinder heads, the very same heads that anyone can go into their local dealer and purchase.
    These heads were not massaged to attempt any better gains, these are the way they come directly from Mopar.
    We are patiently waiting for the total outcome of the test and expect everyone to draw thier own conclusion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.