Clutch questions

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by SRT4Girl, Aug 26, 2013.

1. SRT4Girl

SRT4Girl New Member

My car is giving me the usual srt4 needing a clutch issues, popping out in third, grinding, tough to shift almost 100% of the time. I am planning on replacing the clutch with an upgraded clutch, I'm not sure what's the best next step. I'm pretty much stock except for a tune. I was also looking at the AGP forged clutch fork and wanted to know if you had any comments about this particular clutch fork or if you have any suggestions for clutches, at most I might go to a slightly larger turbo but not looking for huge numbers or anything crazy.

Besides that my 3rd gear has been ground several times and its getting bad even grinds up shifting. What would be a good solution to this? Replace 3rd or 3rd extender?

2. nevinsrt

nevinsrt Getaway driver for hire

almost 2 months later...

ACT has awesome clutches. im running the HDSS street with ACT throw out bearing and Mopar OEM clutch fork. i installed it 80k ago at 80k when i replaced my stock clutch. My last dyno i had 299/395 and a friend of mine with a modded S3 with 44lb bigwheel was at 450ish/515ish and was starting to get slippage on slicks.

My clutch has never given me the feeling its going to give out even now 80k later. Its done plenty of Drag, Lapping days, Autocross, and Rallycross and WOT shift and was daily driven until this past Feb when i moved to a crotch rocket. I would buy this clutch again if i ever need too.

Also sounds like you need a 3rd gear extender.

Some things you also might think of replacing are the clutch pivot, and the master and slave cylinder. a stiffer clutch will add more wear to an old one and eventually it will fail. had that happen about 15k ago. the stock clutch pivot failed on me last summer.

3. loxmith

loxmith Recovering Post Whore...

Wish I could offer up some useful info, but I'm still on the factory clutch...95k+ miles and counting.