Cleaning Black.

Discussion in 'Detailing Tips and Tricks' started by jdoria, Dec 23, 2007.

1. LegMaker

LegMaker LMI - LegMakerIntakes

quick - funny story, i had to re-po a bmw x3 from my ex-wife a few years ago. got the car back and noticed some pretty bad scratches on the doors. i asked what happened and she tells me she used a scotch brite pad to get off some road tar!!! talk about f---ing up the paint!!!

2. LegMaker

thanks steve!!!!

3. Steve@Tropi-Care

Steve@Tropi-Care New Member

No color will be immune to this condition, but it is the most noticeable on darker colors.

For maintaining after completing surface corrections, hand washing with the 2 bucket method(1 soap solution, 1 water solution) is very effective in minimizing future inflictions. Regular washing and surface protection applications make cleaning easier and less invasive on the paint. The use of detail spray after drying removes light spotting or streaking and it can minimize static electricity resulting in less dust attraction.

Trying to remove these type of ultra-fine lines or deeper scratches may be time consuming if not impossible by hand. We have sold many Porter Cable 7424 buffers/kits in the last several years. They are very reliable for the beginner or novice, user friendly and can remove or reduce a great range of surface blemishes.

The key is starting with the least aggressive treatment and progressing upward until the desired look is achieved.

4. LegMaker

thanks steve!!! i have a feeling that a pc buffer is in the future....