Can you believe the old guy got away with this!!

Discussion in 'Politics and Religion Discussion' started by HEMISFEAR, Feb 28, 2008.

1. HEMISFEAR

HEMISFEAR Ur Friendly Canadian

Well, many of you know Andy Rooney from 60 minutes on CBS and know how he can be....I got this email today and I can't believe he got away with it :censored: even if it was 100% true.

Thoughts?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. GGreek5

GGreek5 Olimpiakos

Good stuff!!

3. 1fastsedan

1fastsedan Destroyer of Warranties

I'm glad they let him get away with it. No one is allowed to express an unpopular opinion anymore without getting ridiculed. Good for Andy! I can't wait till I'm an old man and can just ramble like that...

4. HEMISFEAR

Not saying I agree with it 100% (to be clear)...just saying even if it WAS true...I'm surprised he wasn't canned or at the very least that it aired. He must have Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson and the like calling his office lol...Louis Farakhan will just his boys to greet him at the ice cream stand.

5. HEMISFEAR

I can't wait either hehehehe but I'd be yelling at people who do dumbass things like cut me off, take too long for my liking, trample on my grass....oh wait...I do that now. lol

6. SRT8bby

SRT8bby Full Access Member

I saw this on TV and have acutally thought myself a few times, for example, why don't we have a White-Boy college fund?

IDK - I have friends and family from all corners of the planet. My wedding looked like a United Nations get together. But I do love the un-ethical jokes!!! They are great.

7. Mr. Moe

Mr. Moe New Member

I must say that I agree with him...

8. HEMISFEAR

It's because certain minorities were oppressed for so long and find themselves continually discriminated against that allows for such funds where white people have tradtionally been in a position of power and advantage. I think nowadays, it more the PC thing that relates anything of white whatever to the racist and ongoing days of white supremecists (bunch of tards if you ask me).

9. HEMISFEAR

But I do agree that I HATE when immigrants come to Canada and expect everything on a silver platter and want the laws to change to accomodate them and their religion. For eg. A Sikh is trying to change the helmet laws for motorcycle use because it discriminates against his religious "right" to wear a turban. Shit, if I have to do, you have to buddy. Same goes for the Muslim Ninja woman in FL who refused to take off her Burka mask for a driver's licence photo. I'd be like, "Get the FUCK out then" Sorry, but this shiite ticks me off. For the record, my parents and I are immigrants from Yugoslavia and they brought me here when I was 1. They both learned English in school as quickly as they could, both worked at Chrysler and GM hard for nearly 30 years (Mom is retiring in June) so, today's noobs coming into Canada do nothing but complain about how the govt. doesn't do enough for them. Not enough welfare, hospital wait times to slow, crappy public housing....and the list goes on and on....despite the fact that it's FREE!!! They're not working! WE ARE and it's Canadian taxpayers who are suffering because of it.

10. mrssrt10

mrssrt10 New Member

Out of curiosity Milan, what do you not agree with... if you don't mind me asking?

11. HEMISFEAR

I don't think that all immigrants can learn English fast enough to please Andy Rooney before they have to work. I, for one, am happy to see them working and trying to make money for their families as long they have been legitimately approved for permanent residence. It takes time to learn it and depending on what one's language is, it takes longer for some. But again, what do you need to know from a hot dog cart person that you can't get across with non-verbal communication? A cab driver? Now that's a different story lol. I just respect those who do try to make a life for themselves in an honorable way and disrespect those who want a free ride and complain about everything their new country has to offer. Having worked in a Public Health Care Fraud unit has really given me insight into how lazy and unscrupulous some new immigrants can be.

12. markus

markus Silver Supporting Members

he shoulda been running for office

13. mrssrt10

mrssrt10 New Member

Thanks for answering! Another question for you... same subject.

How do you feel about the people who go into a store somewhere, then get mad and start yelling at a the people who are working because no one can speak spanish (or whatever) all because they cant find the bathroom or something stupid like that!???
    Would you agree that immigrants should at least be able to speak the language well enough to funtion in there new society?

14. SRT8bby

SRT8bby Full Access Member

This thread can seriously take a turn for the worst.

15. markus

and then they sue your azz for not having signs in spanish and win big time

16. HEMISFEAR

Maureen, I have a perfect example. Canada has two languages, French and English. The English speaking population overwhelms the French. I work for the government and I have seen employees here get yelled at because they cannot speak French and must refer the patient or caller to a French Service line. They hear these things from French Canadians who CAN speak English. this PISSES me off. Besides, many French Canadians hate us. When we go to Quebec, they may know Englsih but refuse to even try to communicate to us in English. Meanwhile, when they are in Ontario and especially Southern Ontario, they bring their arrogance. Now, we're talking Canada's "other" official language here, so this is a mitigating factor. Now, take the same example and apply it to a Pakistani person, right off the boat, bitching about having to wait in one of our hospital ER's or that the housing they get is too small and yell and DEMAND the Ministry of Health to fix this for them immediately. I mean, listen dude...two frickin days ago, you were wiping your ass with newspaper that you washed and hung out to dry the day before and now your yelling at us to fix something that every Canadian (much less a fraudulent refugee (alien) or landed immigrant) has to go through. They are taxing our health care system, social services (welfare), public housing, AND they get free prescriptions if they are deemed a refugee from a country that posed a danger to them. Many Canadians who work hard but don't have benefits (construction, wait staff, business owners etc) do NOT get free prescription drugs. They have to pay for it..

So....for someone to yell at any Canadian and or American because you don't speak "their" language (although you speak the OFFICIAL language, is downright nasty in my book and I would be willing to bet would get a swift quick in the ass in these parts anyways. Further, EVERY immigrant should speak the language. My friend is Italian, and his Dad own's a cement company and hangs out in Little Italy here in the city. I have no idea how he has functioned here for over 40 years!! The man can understand English but I have NO clue as to what he is talking about. He does not speak English after 40 years in Canada! I think this is an absolute shame to Canada and he should be ashamed for himself and his children because of the example he is sending to them. The only thing I was trying to say is that it does take time to learn the language but this should definitely be the biggest priority in any new immigrant's life. I can say this, and this is from experience, there ARE some countries' immigrants that refuse or have trouble with accepting the fact they should bother to learn English here in Canada...and I don't like it one bit. :viking: But, I must add, every nationality also has the right to retain their heritage but not at the expense of everyone else. eg. Boy who wears ceremonial dagger to school as a part of his religion is expelled. The case goes to the Supremem Court. And, (at least if I remember correctly), they ruled it as an infringement on his right to the freedom of religion. A dagger? In school? Sheesh.

17. HEMISFEAR

Talk about a common trait. In Ontario, we have to have our labels on stuff in English and French and most of our road signs...businesses are exempt. In predominately French Speaking Quebec, an English business owner put up a sign in French and English and was sued and forced to remove the Englsih version. How sick is that?

18. Cheatek

Cheatek SRT once, SRT always

:usflag:

19. mrssrt10

mrssrt10 New Member

So, your views sound as if they are the same as mine. IMO, citizenship should not be granted to an individual unless they can speak the language well enough to communicate in the country they are choosing to live in. It's fine to keep the heritage to which one was born into, but to have your 8 year old child being the translater in a conversation is just rediculous to me! Please correct me if I am assuming incorrectly!!! :bigwink:

As far as religious rights.... Again, fine. Everyone can believe in which ever God they want to, but if it could end up being dangerous to another then it should not be allowed within the general public.

Americans have the right to bear arms, but we are not allowed to carry weapons in public without a permit, and if they are used to defend ourselves, well, now that's another story!!!! :guns::friends:

20. markus

does canada have an "official" or "national" language? do the provinces have "official" languages?