Came across an old pic of my dad.

Discussion in 'The SRTConnection Lounge' started by Quick, May 29, 2011.

1. Quick

Quick Mgmt. - I can't help you

Wouldn't fit on the scanner so I had to take a pic of the pic. This had to be when he was back on leave or just after he got out. Probably around Busby, Tx. He was in the infantry and carried a 50 lb mortar plate on his head for a good part of the war. Then he got in the motor pool. No close calls while carrying the mortar plate but his jeep got blown up twice after he got in the motor pool :). He really loved that Indian. lol, check out the tread on the front tire.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 29, 2011
  2. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

Great picture, Dave. I must say, your dad was a handsome man.

Would love to have that Indian.

3. HalV48

HalV48 They Call Me Patron

That's a great picture Dave. My dad had a Harley 3 wheeler after the army. Got hit by a dump truck in 1946. Ended up will a steel plate in his right leg.

4. Quick

Quick Mgmt. - I can't help you

He said the cool thing to do was get sparks off the crash bar going around corners... I imagine it was when the tires still had tread on them. I picked up a basket case Indian Warrior when I was in school. I was restoring it in the kitchen of our apartment (room mates weren't thrilled about that). No money for parts and I failed when I got to the engine. That Taiwanese company had just bought the Indian name and opened up a store in the campus area. I sold it to them and they put it in the front window. I really wish I had had the sense to hang on to that. Way cool.