Caliber SRT4 vs, Neon SRT4 which one?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Blown7, Jun 28, 2008.

1. WBSRT

WBSRT Full Access Member

Cailber SRT all the way, Nice Options and looks more Comfy IMO, FTW get a Prius, lmoa

2. turbosocks

turbosocks srt n00b

prius FTL. a head honcho at work drives one, when i walk by i wanna punch the fender..

3. WBSRT

WBSRT Full Access Member

4. FWSRT4

FWSRT4 Platinum Supporting Member

LOL are you serious? I mean seriously look at my sig. I put those #'s down on the base tune from Aaron and I'll be able to add another 15-30WHP when I fine tune. I'm only running a 16 PSI spike and holding 12 at redline on pump 93 gas. All of this for around $2K, far less than Mopar STG 2 for the NSRT with more power. The CSRT has already broke the 11's, the 10's are right around the corner.

5. srt4evah

srt4evah Raw Meat

Who broke 11's? Was that on the bottle or all boost?

If you want a nice, more refined, and larger ride, definitely the Caliber.

If you want a loud, nasty car, with a much larger aftermarket, go with the Neon. The Neon has, and will always have, a lot more attitude than the Caliber. It's not as nice, and it's not for everyone, but it is the flame-shooting, popping, snarling middle-finger of the sport-compact scene.

I've driven both, and I really didn't care for the Caliber SRT-4 compared to my Neon SRT-4, but that's because I have a Charger SRT-8 if I want a more refined and comfortable ride. If you have to pick just one, and comfort and conveniences also weigh on you, then definitely go for the Caliber. If you care more about the styling and sound, or want the most extremely modifiable (there are 600 and 700HP+ Neon SRT-4's out there), then go with the Neon.

6. FWSRT4

DCR has broke into the 11's on a 50 shot. Aaron will soon be there once he converts to smaller brakes in order to run slicks. Aaron is running 12.5's @ 119 on Drag Radials all boost. There is plenty of aftermarket already, much more so then when the NSRT was released.

7. YoungMedic23

YoungMedic23 Vortech 426 SRT8 Jeep Rollin

Caliber Srt8......modern tech....neons are old news...sorry guys but the Caliber is one smooth stylish vehicle

8. psi chick

psi chick New Member

if you're talking about kevin's caliber there was a LOT done to that car, more than most people know.

9. srt4evah

srt4evah Raw Meat

More than just a 50 shot for that 11-second car... isn't DCR testing the big wheel, and a meth kit? Either way, times are times, but I'm never impressed by times on the bottle. You can strap a big enough shot on any car and make it go fast... it's the always on, always available power that impresses me with a car.

There is a lot of stuff available for the CSRT4, and it's pretty clear that it could potentially be a better drag racer than the NSRT4 in time, but it is fundamentally challenged in terms of handling, and in the intangible "cool" factor that the NSRT4 had. The CSRT4 just sounds like every other compact turbocharged car out there to me, but I've literally made pedestrians scream when I drove by in my NSRT4, the exhaust popping and snarling, and the tone, is one of those little things that make the car special for some folks, like myself. Same way the big SRT-8 seats and quieter and softer ride in the CSRT4 are a big win for others.

10. FWSRT4

Yes DCR had that silly 47 lb/min wheel and W/I. I know for a fact that the 47 lb wheel slowed the car down. I guarantee Aaron will beat DCR's #'s without spray on slicks.