Caliber SRT4 vs, Neon SRT4 which one?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Blown7, Jun 28, 2008.

1. Cygnus

Cygnus Platinum Supporting Member

You have to drive a Caliber SRT-4 to notice all the aspects it has that the Neon lacks. The Caliber handles like a dream IMO compare to my Neon SRT-4 which has plenty of suspension mods. The Caliber also has cruise control, adjustable arm rest, the dome light can be removed and used as a flashlight, radio controls on the steering wheel, a lot more cargo space, side airbags, glovebox/storage as well as a cooler for drinks and so fourth, and a lot more.

Just a few mods they are putting out impressive numbers on the dyno and on the track.

I say go with the Caliber SRT-4.

2. Blown7

Blown7 SRTC Good Guy

Comfort, having invested tens of thousands in the Jeeps sytems I can honestly say that a person can't use SRT and cheap in the same sentence.

As far as performance, well heck the SRT4 just becomes another different PCM system to hack LOL.(I'm thinking it's using a NGC4 also but not sure)

I'll try test driving a CSRT4 on Tuesday. As long as my 6'1'' body can squeeze in there and my 49 year old back can take it.

If all else fails my buddy Builder B never has bad info.......:thanks:

J

3. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

You will be pleansantly surprised Jeff. Now, I can comment on your height, but the seats will give your back pleanty of support for those long days on the road.

4. Bud

Bud GG EVO IX MR

Yep, I'm 6'2" and 230 lbs and drove one a couple months ago. I was plenty comfy!!

5. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

did you lose weight???? hahahahaha

6. StevoSRT

StevoSRT Moderator

I would vote neon on the cost factor....it has been said its gonna get a TON of miles....and thats really not worth it for a new car...

you can get a used NSRT4 for a pretty good price...see if you can get a low mileage one and you'd be set....

but in reality...i dont think it will be a life or death one way or another sorta choice...

*disclaimer...i have never even been in either...only have seen them*

7. Paxton

Paxton Addicted to speed

I hate to say this, but I'm not a fan of the neon body style. The Caliber definitely looks better in my opinion and can be modded just like the neon, although the part selection may not be the same for them at this point in time. Caliber all the way!!!

8. 0 60 gone

0 60 gone New Member

Dud,you cant compare the caliber to the neon.The caliber is a small jeep(quick and comfort).The neon is a fast in your face race car.

9. StillANeon

StillANeon Full Access Member

You are old, I think you should go with the Caliber, its more refined.

10. TNCHARGER

TNCHARGER Moderator

Summary....Neon is slightly quicker...Caliber is better suited (compared to the Neon) for long trips.........based on your stated need the Caliber it is..

11. psi chick

psi chick New Member

the seats will be fine, but getting in and out will be interesting. my boyfriend is 6'1" and we went to look at one. he was considering trading in his nsrt for the csrt. watching him get in and out of that car was like a comedy routine. he still has the neon.

12. Aaron@Realtune

Aaron@Realtune Supporting Vendor

Really? Thats strange. Im 6'1'' and have zero issues getting in and out. My buddy is 6'3'' and never complained about it being difficult.

13. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

Yea, one of the sales guys at my dealership is 6'5" and weighs in at 378lbs and he was getting in and out of the Caliper with no issues at all.

And, it appears that the Caliper is actually bigger inside versus the Neon????

14. Mighty Whitey

Mighty Whitey suicide machine

The caliber is ugly. If you like ugly cars then its all for you. The NSRT-4 will always be reffered to as just a neon blah blah blah. But its a proven platform that is very capable. Haveing said that, you looking to buy a Neon I know a white one thats prettty hot I may part with.

15. BigdaveFTA

BigdaveFTA gangsta

i own a nsrt and have a few friends that have csrt and i will agree that the caliber is more roomy inside then the neon. but if your not gonna have passengers in the car and your a tall guy just slide the seat all the way back in the nsrt

16. Cam

Cam Management up n smoke

Hey Jeff, can I toss in a third option. My wife wanted a run around car last year. We looked at the caliber, ya it's pretty cool. BUT, A buddy of mine (WaltSRT) just bought a Nitro. He loves that thing, nice ride, great features, comfy seats, gets great MPG's. Maybe check that out too.

17. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

lmao I thought you were gonna offer Jeff your wife. lol

And yes, the Nitro is the bomb...

18. Cam

Cam Management up n smoke

Hey Jeff, since Ron brought this up...................WELL??. Slightly used, your average parkinglot dings and scratches, always raced, but never smoked in. Make ya a hell of a deal!.

Oh and I forgot...................................she comes with matching luggage also!!. :eek:oh:

19. Blown7

Blown7 SRTC Good Guy

I'm laughing so hard I almost fell out of my chair.....

20. psi chick

psi chick New Member

i don't know....it's probably just the way that people get in and out of cars. for whatever reason, it was awkward for him to get in and out. that's not the only reason he didn't get the caliber, the 30k price tag that the dealer wanted also was a deterant.....