Bud vs. Momo (NA vs. Blower)

Discussion in 'Engine & Performance Modifications' started by MotherMopar, Jul 19, 2008.

1. sdcarguy

sdcarguy A bit off

Hey Rick if you feel that way come race me right now...I can show you what these kits can do with some minor tweaking ;) I just put 3 cars on a modded evo and I know the kid.

I have said this before but I will say it again this out of the box tune is a good tune and safe. That being said there is room for improvement. If you look at the fact that its still a 25-30% gain over a stock car its huge. Now having said that Rick you car has mods that get you to the 400-410 mark. Jasons car now has had the predator removed, a mild tune put in its place, his intake removed, a supercharger put in its place, and he still has his exhaust. So you see that removing mods and changing them doesnt me you get to stack the hp gains...that would be like saying your mopar intake gained you 5 but you switched to an AFE that claims gains of 10 so you really gain 15...just doesnt work that way bud :) So hes at 450 or so where he was say 400 before...he still gained 50hp without a tune. So for someone that hasnt already bought other parts spending 6grand and the tune gets you a great gain...now compared to spending lets say for 2-2500 you get the standard mods and you are still 1 car behind...is it a better bang for the buck...depends. If you realize that in the end you can do everything else after and still have that initial gain...

Oh yeah if its that easy to gain 1 car(not counting nitrous) im sure people here would love to see it. I still want to see this race redone with rick removing his predator tune...i bet the results are much different.

And finally look at it this way...Everything you can do to your car to make it faster can be done to the car with the kit. So if you say add heads and a cam to both cars the car with the supercharger is still gonna win ;)

And people please no ohhing and awing Rick knows I love him and will help him with what ever choice he chooses to make his car faster. I just want everyone to see there is more to this then the kit is only worth 1 car...

2. MotherMopar

MotherMopar The One, The Only... MOMO

john I actually understand what you wrote! And I understand your point... It's quite true... Vortech did not create or tune their blower based on an already modded car.... So the best head to head comparison would be to use a stock srt8 to see the gains from stock.

3. SuiSRT8

SuiSRT8 New Member

Got my kit finished tonight, 480 to the wheels with it running warm, I was seeing gains and loses around 15HP at the wheels depending on how long I gave the motor to cooldown. I will have my dyno slips uploaded tomorrow at work.

I finally understand what you guys were saying about some of the issues with the Vortech tune though, car definately thinks about shifting to 3rd before it does it gets old FAST.

4. 1fastsedan

1fastsedan Destroyer of Warranties

Now you're talking. Heads, cam, supercharger...:whistle:

5. MOL

MOL SHOW & PERFORMANCE

i will take the big tb and 2 stage nitrous, is that what they call super size:grin:

6. Quick

Quick Mgmt. - I can't help you

Well... sort of.

7. diegochrysler

diegochrysler Jose"GR8CHORIZO"Jalapeno

LMFAO.........................Davey strikes again:bigwink:!

8. diegochrysler

diegochrysler Jose"GR8CHORIZO"Jalapeno

Like you didn't see that one coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:whistle:

I don't think they have a super size for this:bigwink:!

9. SRT8U

SRT8U Supporting Vendor

Just a little update...One of our customers (Landshark) just installed his BMCP Vortech Kit on his 5.7L .
    This was the full 5.7L Vortech kit along with a Water Meth System he got from us.
    His car already had Heads/Cam on it.
    Of course w the mods he did a CMR tune. The car is putting down 525 RWHp on a 5.7L with the CMR tune w/ Water Meth :) He knows he is pushing the stock 5.7L internals, but wants to see how far we can push them on the 5.7L. The tuner kept it safe and he says there is still more left to get hp wise.

10. sdcarguy

sdcarguy A bit off

This made me laugh out loud here at work.

I am having mine tuned without the meth and a tune with. I have been doing a lot of logging and the difference with the meth is huge for temps and knock.

525 from a 5.7 is great! Congrats.

I wouldnt mind seeing 525-550 on a dynojet with my meth kit...

11. SuiSRT8

SuiSRT8 New Member

before:
    [​IMG]
    after:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 7, 2008
  12. Bud

Bud GG EVO IX MR

Sounds good buddy! How does Laguna Seca or Willow Springs sound? hehe

13. YoungMedic23

YoungMedic23 Vortech 426 SRT8 Jeep Rollin

[​IMG]

14. sdcarguy

sdcarguy A bit off

Sure not like im not lowered and sways to ;) I just cant drive as well but the power should help out a some...oh yeah did I ever tell you about the time the driving instructor asked me if I had seat time...I might not go to the road courses a lot but I drive better then I look ;)

Hows the trip going man?

15. SRT8

SRT8 MoPower

SuiSRT8, #'s look good. Are you stock? Post 1/4 times if you go. Thanks for the info.

16. MOL

MOL SHOW & PERFORMANCE

i thought you wanted to compare fast cars not fast drivers. rick you need to read your own sig buddy.

17. MotherMopar

MotherMopar The One, The Only... MOMO

Dave, eat a dick.

You SOB! That was nicely played! Lmao

18. Stretch

Stretch Silver Supporting Members

Shouldn't you be finishing up your Honey-Do list about now?

19. LegMaker

LegMaker LMI - LegMakerIntakes

drew...... in order for momo to complete the honey do list, he must first know how to do the things on it to begin with!!! lol remember, momo is "tool" deficient......

20. Stretch

Stretch Silver Supporting Members

Hey... he does have an electric screwdriver that almost stays charged 10 minutes!