Bud vs. Momo (NA vs. Blower)

Discussion in 'Engine & Performance Modifications' started by MotherMopar, Jul 19, 2008.

1. Quick

Quick Mgmt. - I can't help you

Relative to the price of the kits I'd say one that comes with an OK tune opposed to one that's going to require a tune is a feature but not a major one (as long as you aren't caught by surprise).

2. SRT8U

SRT8U Supporting Vendor

I just wanted to relay all the info we have. I guess I am coming from a different perspective as I automatically assume any forced induction option for any car will require a dyno tune for saftey and optimization going into it. I am on 800 miles on my stock Vortech tune and have had zero issues with performance or reliability. I want to CMR tune it to get the most available and push te envelope a bit, but this would be the case whether the stock tune is good or bad...what works in Denver and what works in South Florida are two different things, and every car is different to boot. Someone could plug it in and drive it for years if they wanted. I am still amazed to be able to do that since our computers are so fussy.
    Want to make sure everyone has all the info!

Last edited: Aug 4, 2008
  3. SuiSRT8

SuiSRT8 New Member

For what its worth I have my supercharger being installed this week and I talked to the guys installing it because they offer both procharger and vortech kits and have been installing Superchargers on Mustangs and the like for many years. 2 of the workers I talked to both said they would put Vortech on their cars over Procharger everytime because Procharger just wasnt as well built from their experience. Throw in a canned tune that will at least work and why would you not go with Vortech?

4. MOL

MOL SHOW & PERFORMANCE

I find this hard to believe, both companys have a great rep.

5. SuiSRT8

SuiSRT8 New Member

I am sure that both companies do have a good rep as I also have not heard otherwise. But who would really be able to compare them both on a consistant basis but a company that does nothing but supercharge cars. Otherwise nobody would be able to make an accurate comparison to say. But as I said it was simply their opinion and I havent read anything bad about Procharger and am not trying to bash them.

6. 8yourM5

8yourM5 Full Access Member

I am buying a d1sc in the near future. after hearing momo only beat rick by a few cars it made me think twice about buying a blower from vortech.

7. 8yourM5

8yourM5 Full Access Member

Now these canned tune is just for stock cars with no mods besides the blower right? I will have to get a custom tune regardless of what SC i go with

8. SRT8U

SRT8U Supporting Vendor

Yes...IMO after seeing both systems first had and customer feedback of both systems, I definitely feel the Vortech is the more complete system...if you are custom tuning either system the results will be better than the canned tune is. The Vortech provides you with a much better starting point.

9. 1fastsedan

1fastsedan Destroyer of Warranties

Vortech is working on my modified car right now. Lets just say it needs bigger injectors, again. I'll post some numbers when its finished, but I guarantee it will put more than a car length on anyone with just bolt-ons.

10. diegochrysler

diegochrysler Jose"GR8CHORIZO"Jalapeno

I'm sure it will! Run Jason first okay.........................:whistle:

11. diegochrysler

If you want more out of whatever SC you go with, I would highly recommend a custom tune. A custom tune is going to help a stock, SC, Turbocharged or NOSified car run better. You can go with a safe or ragged edge tune. Again it depends on the mods and what you want out of the car.

I would wait to see what the final out of the box SC is for Vortech before buying or modding anything. Then decide on what you want to do......IMO!

If I had to do it all over again, I would buy the VORTECH again, "NO QUESTION"!

12. MOL

MOL SHOW & PERFORMANCE

nosified, is that even a word. what the hell is this the fast and the furious. lol:thongue2:

13. HEMISFEAR

HEMISFEAR Ur Friendly Canadian

Nosified Ralph. You need to know Spanglish for that one. ;)

14. MotherMopar

MotherMopar The One, The Only... MOMO

Are you serious?!?! Vortech is legendary, their systems bullet-proof, their customer service? INCREDIBLE. IMO, you'd be insane not to consider their blower. If the tune is a concern, get it re-tuned.

When I heard Vortech was planning a blower for our cars, even before my R&D deal, I wanted one!

You will NOT find a better company/group of folks to work with you and your car. Period.

15. SRT8U

SRT8U Supporting Vendor

+1
    The Vortech System for are cars IMO is a much better setup than the ProCharger System. Nothing wrong with either one, and both are good companies, I just think Vortech did a better job w/ the Hemi's... Tubing is all alumimum not plastic, canned tune is much better, uses 2 belts instead of 3, and several other differences give the nod to Vortech IMO.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2008
  16. diegochrysler

PURE 100% ASS KISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSER:kiss:

17. Bud

Bud GG EVO IX MR

Try one car sparky! Same results with Ryan.

18. Bud

Bud GG EVO IX MR

Wow...you actually read there website Jason! hehe

19. LegMaker

LegMaker LMI - LegMakerIntakes

be nice rick!!! lol

20. MOL

MOL SHOW & PERFORMANCE

I see rick is out flexing his ip muscle.