BT Ported Throttle Body

Discussion in 'Billet Technology' started by Dookie, Apr 5, 2010.

1. Dookie

Dookie Foe twenny sics

Nothing new, but a nice mod. Thanks to Scott for the hook up, and Dan for his masterful machining skillzzzz!!!

I did polish the machine marks out, and waxed the inside before install...just because i wanted to, it wasn't necessary, but that's just me.
    [​IMG]

Install is a breeze, not going to bore you with the details, but 4 bolts, make sure you're aligned properly and snap your fingers and it's done. I took a few pics for comparison sake
    [​IMG]
    But something that I didn't expect was what the inside of my intake manifold would look like since I installed this motor a little over 3000 miles ago. Since install, i did a prelim break in of about 100 miles, then changed the oil...Ran it to about 1500 miles, then changed the oil, then did another 1000 miles and hit the track, then changed the oil again...During that time, i emptied my catch can only once, and it was about 1/3 full...i'de say normal.
    I reached my hand (the good one) inside the manifold and wiped a few fingers on the bottom "pan" and came up with fingers so dry, i could *snap* them...looked in with my flashlight and saw NOTHING, no oil what-so-ever!
    [​IMG]
    I was astonished...I figured SOME oil would get past the BT Catch Can, but i was wrong. So I wanted to give some well deserved props to BT on both products...Great products from great people at a great deal. Gotta love that, Thanks Team BT!

Last edited: Apr 5, 2010
  2. Quick

Quick Mgmt. - I can't help you

you waxed it? My IATs get up to like 160 in traffic sometimes... next time you get your fingers in your manifold they'll probably come out shiney :)

3. 1FST4DR

1FST4DR Supporting Vendor

Thanks Kyle,And I have to agree.Dans the man.Hopefully its what you wanted. Oh thanks for the props on the catch can But Dan designed that too.So I'll pass the word along..:friends:

4. Dookie

Dookie Foe twenny sics

Mine go as high as 120 in 80 degree weather...but yea, i waxed the the throat of the TB...just for good measure. OCD kicking in, i know, but again, that's just me. :bye:
    The inside of my manifold is already baby butt smooth, maybe next thing i'll do is chrome the inside...:whistle:

Last edited: Apr 5, 2010
  5. Dookie

Dookie Foe twenny sics

Please do, and thanks again for taking good care of me Scott, i don't care how great a product you have, you need people to stand behind that product and do the important ass kissing that you are such a wizzzz at...lol.

6. The "Reverend" CoolFlo

The "Reverend" CoolFlo 300C - C = Classy!!

yeah the BT ported tb's and catch cans are a must ... thumbs up again to BT

7. Braddah Jay

Braddah Jay Twin SRT Mags

I have a question about having the TB ported. Does it need to be re-tuned on a dyno with the predator?

8. The "Reverend" CoolFlo

The "Reverend" CoolFlo 300C - C = Classy!!

I didnt retune mine .. I just used Diablos 93 perf tune

9. SRTLUVR

SRTLUVR Detailing "Go-to" Guy

Sweet Kyle!! :rockon:

10. Dookie

Dookie Foe twenny sics

Thanks Chase...As for retune, i haven't done any testing as of yet. Upon initial start up, i did do a reset (pulled fuse) before i cranked it. It did it's usual thing, and within seconds was idling like a champ. Normal driving is the same as before, PCM keeps AFR at stoich while in closed loop. Haven't been able to run any WOT to see if I need to adjust fuel yet. I'll post back when i do. My AFR was 12.4 across the RPM range pre-install. If it leans it up a couple tenths, i'll just leave it alone, if I get more near 13.0:1, i'll add fuel accordingly.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2010