BIG THANKS to Kent from Dynamic Ground Systems!!

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Electronic Modifications' started by SRTLUVR, Jan 9, 2011.

1. SRTLUVR

SRTLUVR Detailing "Go-to" Guy

We got two of the three Mopars done today!! Kent came over about 2:00 and we installed his BEEFY grounding systems in the Charger & the Jeep (our wives made sure we knew we had run out of time to do the 300)!! He did about 90% if the work, lol. You can tell he's an engineer, he's crazy smart.

In case you guys don't know what he offers, it's a MASSIVE grounding system upgrade. Upgrades all existing cables to a whopping 4gauge, and adds a couple extra cables for better amperage and electrical flow. Many guys at ATCO were running these cables. Kent will be able to elaborate on all this info MUCH better than me, lol. But expected gains are:
    - Quicker startup
    - 3-4mpg better gas mileage
    - Increased electrical conductivity for better stereo sound
    - Better throttle response
    - Better battery charging

I'm sure there's more, but again, I'll let Kent elaborate!! :)

The funniest part of the day, was watching Kent "delicately dance" around my Charger!!! I'm so damn anal retentive, and he couldn't believe how spotless it was, lol. It was kinda funny watching him "prance" around it not trying to touch anything, lmao!!

Anyway, thanks a TON Kent!!! Your time is GREATLY APPRECIATED!!! I'll get some driveability reviews when this sleet lets up!! :)

2. Quick

Quick Mgmt. - I can't help you

Anxiously awaiting the explanation for these...

Kent should contact Ron for a Supporting Vendor application. :thumb:

3. SRTLUVR

Here's Rob's video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wP9Hk3CpEFU&feature=player_embedded

Many of the fastest rides at ATCO had these installed. I mainly did this because I have audio upgrades in all rides (coming in the 300), and who wouldn't love an extra 3mpg in our pigs, lol??? But I basically view this as an upgrade to the "heartbeat" of my sleds. Figure this cleans out all the "arteries" and gives me a nice clean signal/recharge for everything electrical, and allows everything to respond the way it should!!!

Dave. Sorry, wasn't trying to post "non-supporting" vendor stuff. Just know this is a very "under the radar" mod for most people, and thought I'd try to shed some light. I know Kent probably won't sign on as a vendor, he just does this as a side project from his home, and doesn't necessarily "make enough" from it in order to pay vendor fees on multiple forums. But maybe he will, IDK, I'll let him decide that. You can remove the thread if I'm stepping on any toes. :)

4. Quick

Quick Mgmt. - I can't help you

How many mph increase did they get? Don't get me wrong. Good ground is important but it's not exactly a performance mod (except for your stereo).

5. SRTLUVR

I'm not saying it "CREATED RWHP" man.....I'm not claiming any "NEWFOUND POWER." You can see what I'm attempting to say by reading my posts above. Hell I haven't even driven the car cuz our roads are covered in ice right now. Shit bro, I know you're waaaaaaay smarter than me, I get it.....

6. HalV48

HalV48 They Call Me Patron

We could all use these mods. Non-vendor isn't an issue. We have no vendor providing these products. As long as Kent doesn't pitch his wares here Chase.

7. StevoSRT

StevoSRT Moderator

I don't really know who could/would be able to do that up here. But it seems like it would be a good investment. I would probably go for that on my truck and car. I doubt I would allow anyone here to do it, though it seems like its a pretty straight forward thing to do unless I'm missing something from the video?

8. SRTLUVR

Nah. It's pretty simple overall Stevo. I helped a little bit, just because Kent kinda "took over" once he got started, lol. But I'll be able to do it on my 300 no problem. And for what the kits cost ($100 for the full Stage IV), it's a no-brainer mod. Kinda one of those "why not do it?" mods, lol. The only tough part to do by yourself would be the transmission cable.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2011
  9. StevoSRT

StevoSRT Moderator

Which is the transmission cable?

The ones I heard was Passenger fender to passenger head, Passenger head to drivers head, drivers head to alternator, drivers head to drivers fender, and drivers fender to battery negative.

How did you do the charger with the Batt in the trunk? is that the trans ground your talking about?

10. SRTLUVR

Rob didn't do his transmission cable, and neither did I on the Jeep. Not sure why, now that I think about it.....
    I already had my battery cable in my trunk on the Charger upgraded when I did my stereo system, so I already had that completed. But the trans cable runs from the tranny itself up through the bottom by the passenger side head, and grounds at the back of the pass side strut.

EDIT: Just spoke with Kent, he didn't have the longer ground cable made for the Jeep's transmission when we did our install yesterday. We'll get it put on next week. :)

Last edited: Jan 10, 2011
  11. StevoSRT

StevoSRT Moderator

I wonder if a simple how to for us dummies would be possible with a little more detail?

Come on big guy i know you got it in ya.