Best place to find a deal on Coilovers

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Mains, Nov 2, 2008.

1. Mains

Mains Pobody's Nerfect

So it is time to take the dive into coil overs. 1k for the setup is hard to swallow though I am fully aware it is well worth every dime. So it is a toss up between Eibach and BC coilovers.
    Where would you all suggest I go for the best "deal"

2. turbosocks

turbosocks srt n00b

thought someone could get a good deal on BCs on srtforums.com like 900$ or something.. are you looking for the standard or inverted? ksports are also pretty well priced.

i know you didn't mention them, but NEX are cheaper, but i'm not sure on the spring rates/dampening of the SS series (which are like 770$)

theres also megan racing, which are basically ksport as far as i know.

3. Mains

Mains Pobody's Nerfect

Looking at standard... I saw ksports the other day not enough good feedback for me to feel fluffy on them.

Nex I will not touch, though I am looking on a good deal on price, I certainly don't want to get something I will not be pleased with in 5 years ;)

4. turbosocks

turbosocks srt n00b

i wish i knew more about the SRT-4 NEX. had em on my tib and a lot of the tib community has them, but the srt-4's could be alot different.

the BC inverted are more $$ than the standard, but they are supposed to be significantly nicer.

sorry i couldn't be more help on finding a deal.. last price quote i got on BC standard was from a srtforums vendor for like 900$.

let me know what you end up finding out, cuz upgrading to illumina struts is like 600$.. misewell go to coilovers instead.

5. Mains

Mains Pobody's Nerfect

I appreciate the input man :). Do you happen to know the vendor on SRTF that quoted that?

6. turbosocks

turbosocks srt n00b

lemme take a look and ill get back to you

7. pirate562007

pirate562007 New Member

What all do these do for u? Are they more for just auto x or they actually really good for traction and day to day driving? That price tag seems pretty steep if it dose nothing besides lower your car and keep it from being such a horrible ride.

8. Mains

Mains Pobody's Nerfect

They car is not a daily driver, I am looking at them so I can go from AutoX, to Drag, to showing off, to driving depending on the mood.

I want full adjustablity.

9. StillANeon

StillANeon Full Access Member

Some the of BC inverted have bad seals. Quit e few people have had to get them replaced. But they are are under warranty. Go with the standard BC's.

I got mine for $900 shipped to my door. ImportImage was the vendor I believe. great service! Believe me I did a ton of research and BC was the way to go.
    Still remmeber the first day I got em!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Mains

Mains Pobody's Nerfect

How do you like em? Did you go with rear camber plates too?

11. nevinsrt

nevinsrt Getaway driver for hire

you dont need the rear plates, for cheaper you can get a camber bolt and adjust it from there. and you dont want too much rear camber or your rear will slide out.
    Plus over -1.5 degrees front or rear camber will start wearing at the inside of your tires. if you drive daily expect to go though tires faster.

12. loxmith

loxmith Recovering Post Whore...

I am running the BC inverted...no complaints from me. great coil-over, plus from my understanding they are cake to install. The guy I got to help me with my install, said they were the easiest install he ever did.

13. nevinsrt

they are cake to install only 5 bolts

3 up top and 2 down below very easy and very fast

14. turbosocks

turbosocks srt n00b

every coilover is easy as pie to install.. they are one piece.

15. Mains

Mains Pobody's Nerfect

Sweet thanks for the input guys! I would really like to see if any of our vendors have a good deal for me. Before I throw money at SRTF's vendors list.

I am ready to buy like now LOL

16. StillANeon

StillANeon Full Access Member

My friend and I had trouble with the stupid ABS sensor ont he stock strut, we ahd no idea how the damn thing would come off. Ended up just cutting the wire and splicing a new one on.

Nevin, I was told not to do camber bolts because they are smaller and tend to break easier... Would it be okay to do it to the rear though? Might look into that for the rear. 1 for each top hole.

Mains,
    I love the coilovers man. Ride is bumpy if the road isn't good. But I have the dampening set close to hard on all 4. Doesn't really bother me, even though its my daily. Its honeslty really not bad at all once I think about it.

17. loxmith

loxmith Recovering Post Whore...

HAHAHA...the only time I hated having Coilovers, was when I was driving around the waterfront in Savannah. I got stuck on a cobble stone street. OMG! SO NOT FUN!!!:cry2: Other than that it's not too bad, and the streets of ATL are horrible.

18. nevinsrt

Really???
    ive had camber bolts on for about 1.5 yrs and with all the preformance driving, slides, offroading, and jumps ive done not one problem. oh ive also had my car on 2 wheels twice and high centered 6 times. I think I can safely say that Camber bolt will hold up just fine.

EDIT:
    same goes for the rest of my suspention setup.
    i tested the crap out if it and has proven its self very realiable. And that same setup will make its way onto the Cruiser as well.

Edit2:
    and the ABS wire unbolts from the strut with a 10mm wrench as well as the ground.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2008