Before voting for Obama, watch this!

Discussion in 'Politics and Religion Discussion' started by ntw0rk, Apr 24, 2008.

1. DRKNE55

DRKNE55 The Badguy

omfg, where do i start with this???

im sorry if i offend you in any way but amy, this is prob one of the most ignorant posts ive ever read. you make broad sweeping accusations over freedoms taken from you and dont give specifics.

in my personal opinion, any us soldier death is a tragedy. though comparing iraq to vietnam is a bit ridiculous...

[​IMG]

as far as our country caring more about the world than its own people, i too would wonder if you really are paying attention to history. we (the united states) have always been the beacon of light that casts over the people in need. who do you think feeds the worlds hungry? china? germany? france?

i am amazed every time i read something like this, you try to state that we care more for other people than our own, yet our welfare aid in this country is second to none. our medicare and medicaid are overrun by the people who refuse to actually make something of their lives than live off the government. i work in the non profit sector and see this happening day in and day out. i see these people roll up in $50k rides ranging from denalis to range rovers but walk in to a clinic that is meant to provide for the poor. i see crack heads trade their food coupons for pennies on the dollar at grocery stores just so they can get their next fix. i have seen too much shit going on to ever feel sorry for the people who are too lazy to take care of themselves.

i have no idea what youre talking about as being female and men telling you what you can or cant do with your body. im guessing you mean to refer to abortion rights, if thats the case, last time i checked, it was still legal.

i dont know really though if thats what youre getting at. i think i remember you being confused on the subject last time regarding paragards iuds if i recall correctly.

as far as the woman stating her views on freedoms in russia compared to the us, i think again you misunderstood the point of the article. she was eluding to the fact that lawsuits, civil liberties, freedom of speech without worry of being politically correct, etc. have all been diluting our sense of freedom in this country. i can tell you havent traveled much and recommend you try to visit some of these places where they truly have no where near the freedoms we do here. you could start in mexico and work your way south to venezuela...

once again amy, im not trying to attack you in any manner whatsoever. i just need to figure out how there are people like yourself out there and where you are basing these views from. who is shaping your mind? what are you doing to educate yourself on these subjects. i surely know but a small amount in regards to history, policy, foreign relations etc, but i just for the life of me cant figure how your views are constructed.

i am an american. i lived through bill clinton and his closing of military bases, his refusal to fight al qaeda, and his personal transgressions that only an idiot would get caught doing, certainly not a rhodes scholar. life is what you make of it, blaming the establishment, political leaders, etc on your hardships is a total cop out.

/rant over

and i am sorry if i came off a bit harsh. its just that this kind of thing gets me heated and me being heated on a 100 degree day isnt the best combination. :sweat:

2. DRKNE55

DRKNE55 The Badguy

supposedly we have 161,000 troops in iraq. the army alone is approx 1,000,000 strong.

3. TheSickness

TheSickness 1/2 Man 1/2 Amazing !

I have a bridge in Brooklyn for sale cheap as well :thongue2:

4. DRKNE55

DRKNE55 The Badguy

lol, i guess im missing something with your statement.

should i have made it more clear that half of those are active, the other half reserve? maybe you want the DoD listings?

5. TheSickness

DOD listings are never accurate for a reason...Public records can be accessed by not only Americans but anyone....The best information is Disinformation. Guarantee you those numbers are not accurate :stars:

6. DRKNE55

DRKNE55 The Badguy

thats a possibility, though just mathematically adding up all the corps, brigades, divisions, etc should give you a ballpark number.

7. FWSRT4

FWSRT4 Platinum Supporting Member

LOL I love how every good Republican brings up Bill Clinton. If my memory serves me correctly, Dubya wasn't too concerned with Al Qaeda either.......that is until they attacked US soil. Don't pass the buck to Clinton when, "The Enforcer" had all the information necessary to have the situation well in hand. Also last time I checked Osama's faction was located in Afghanistan not Iraq when this supposed "War on Terror" began. So in all reality G-Dub also failed to defeat the Taliban or Osama and drug us into a needless, costly, war in Iraq.

But then again,

it was all Bill's fault. :secret:

8. TheSickness

I would not have an issue with him if he killed terrorists with 1/2 the tenacity he killed people that opposed him and worked for him :censored:

9. DRKNE55

DRKNE55 The Badguy

dude, im not a republican, i graduated from Berkeley for god sake.

i on the other hand can tell that you are a liberal. mainly from your lack of knowledge on history, your ability to generalize and your carbon copy arguments no doubt tivoed from bill maher.

"dubya" was in office for 9 months before we were attacked on sept 11th. youre right though, bush def knew that the worst attack in US history would be carried out on 9/11. luckily he let all those people die in ny so he could invade iraq....:dumb:

"bill" was in office for 8 years of al qaeda attacks. the most he ever did after the bombings was launch a couple tomahawk cruise missiles in "osama's" direction.

i would really be interested on your background. where you went to school, what you studied, etc.

10. Bone

Bone Love maker, heart breaker

11. FWSRT4

Never called you one, I made a general statement.

Obviously you must be considered a liberal yourself, due to your uncanny knack for generalizing other people as well.

Way to sidestep the true issue on why we are exactly in Iraq and relate it directly to the fatalities of 9/11. Never seen that maneuver pulled before :hmm:

Considering I have a great "lack of knowledge on history", I must be very mistaken in the fact that it was Republicans who opposed going after Al Qaeda. Their rallying cry???? "No War For Monica."

Why so you can flaunt your prestigious Brekley education and continue to bad mouth others who don't compare to your superior intellect? Oh wait..... you've already proven your a bigot.:worthy:

12. DRKNE55

DRKNE55 The Badguy

dude, i really cant follow anything you just posted. i dont know if youre drunk or just dont make sense on a regular basis.

13. FWSRT4

Suprise. Suprise. I expected that sort of response out of someone who cannot admit to being wrong.

14. DRKNE55

DRKNE55 The Badguy

dude, its "surprise". also, what am i wrong about? the lack of sense you make in your posts?

there is nothing in your many posts in this thread that actually goes on to make a point backed by solid info. your opinions are based on what you have "heard" rather than what you have read or experienced.

i asked what your background was because i would like to try and understand where youre coming from. i can make an educated guess about you from each one of your posts but i would rather hear it straight from you.

15. BLACK1

BLACK1 Head Monkey

Let's keep it civil here, fellas....

16. swenburhooden

swenburhooden Smoked Sausage

DAMN, you're pretty stoopid! And I don't mean you're "pretty".

17. BLACK1

BLACK1 Head Monkey

There is NO need for name-calling around here, Sir.

18. HalV48

HalV48 They Call Me Patron

You know I had an issue with us having a politics and religion forum. You guys are validating my position.
    My father told me probably 40 years ago. You can't discuss politics or religion. Everyone has their own opinion, whether they are right or wrong. Sometimes there is not a right side.

Put it back on track, keep it civil as Black1 asked, or it will be shut down.

19. Cygnus

Cygnus Platinum Supporting Member

I'm a registered voter and the party I uphold is Republican. BUT it all boils down to who I see fit to be President as to who I will ultimately vote for. Florida voting system is so jacked up that really you don't even know if your votes got counted for.

To be honest, at this time, NONE of the running parties (Clinton, Obama, McCain) interest me and NONE have my vote. Sad but true and I know of a lot of people who feel the same way and might not even vote.

Since Bush was brought in here. We can blame Bush for this or that and yaddia ya BUT spur of the moment decisions will either make or break you. Most feel the way they do about Bush because Bush "made" us go to war. No, the fact that us Americans went through a Terriost Attack is what made US go to war. Its a threat and the threat needed to be taken care of. Most Americans PUSHED to go to war, and now years later they are against it because of economic changes. Give me a break, we all knew it would be a crunch in the economic status, as this isn't the first war the United States has been in. Those who paid attention in History classes know, war last years and has been going on through the term of time. Is war costing us an economic turbulance? Absolutely, and its why people blame Bush for it. The President decisions can be vetoed/over ruled btw, so you can't blame the President for everything. The President is like a CEO of a company who has a board, the board can over rule the CEO and give him the boot as well. Sorry for the rant, but its irrates me when people become hypocrites.

Last edited: May 30, 2008
  20. TheSickness

WoW Jake actually moderated :dancinlock::dancinlock::dancinlock: That made me moist :worthy::worthy::worthy: