Before voting for Obama, watch this!

Discussion in 'Politics and Religion Discussion' started by ntw0rk, Apr 24, 2008.

1. BLACK1

BLACK1 Head Monkey

Oh, and y'all know Dick Cheney is BHO's cousin, right?

2. HEMISFEAR

HEMISFEAR Ur Friendly Canadian

LOL!!

[​IMG]

3. HEMISFEAR

HEMISFEAR Ur Friendly Canadian

[​IMG]

4. ntw0rk

ntw0rk Puesto en miniatura puta

Ok, here is the first video that some of you didn't get to see before it was removed.
    http://www.eyeblast.tv/Public/Video.aspx?rsrcID=2036

I would also say that you should research some of the accusations made in the video, many were taken out of context. My biggest beef with Obama is his affiliation with Reverend Wright, and especially the way he tries to play it off...

Check this link for more info on the truth of the video: http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2008/5/13/113736/357/851/514762

5. FWSRT4

FWSRT4 Platinum Supporting Member

The Wright situation has been overplayed and taken completely out of context. Do I think Rev. Wright is a racist? Of course! Do I think Obama is a quality candidate? Not at all.
    Clinton has her downfalls but she is correct in the claim that the majority of white voters will not vote for Obama. I feel Clinton is more fit for office than Obama.

McCain is a cabon copy of Dubya and this county will suffer greatly if he is elected into office. $4+ gas, a never ending Iraq war, and the economy will completely tank. Not to mention this guy could keel over at any moment.

6. psi chick

psi chick New Member

it's a tough decision. the only whites that won't vote for obama would be the south/bible belt probably. other than that i think most of the country is over the whole race thing, espeically the east coast and california. i don't think that clinton was right in saying that white voters wouldn't vote for obama. i also think that she over stepped in assuming that women are all going to vote for her. i'm a woman and if i was a democrat (i'm a registered independant) i would not have voted for her. i can't stand her actually.

i will NEVER vote for mccain. he's just bush but older. i'll vote for clinton before i vote for him.

it's tough really and turning into a really odd race. mccain is pretty much forgotten about at this point. the media is focused on obama and clinton, and everyone is pretty much calling clinton's campaign over and waiting for her to give up, yet she's actually leading in the delegate count. i find this situation a little strange.

if obama gets the nomination does anyone think he would ask clinton to be his vp? and if she gets it, would she ask him? would either accept? what are your opinions......

7. FWSRT4

Sad to say but I feel the only way the Dems will win this race is if Clinton/Obama form a super ticket. The Dem party is very polarized now between the two candidates and if they do not team up, this election is lost as well.
    America is in a pretty sad state for the working class citizen, I fear what will happen if McCain is voted into office.

8. DRKNE55

DRKNE55 The Badguy

dems are kidding themselves with this entire showing of candidates.

on one side you have a black man who preaches change even though he has zero experience.

on the other side you have a white woman who says she has experience but in reality the only exp she has is getting played on.

the only thing dems should be voting for is who will come into the equation with a better decision making staff. mccain until another more qualified man or woman steps up to the plate.

9. Jred22

Jred22 Sunday School Jones

Although i don't consider my self a very political person, I figured I would share my rant with you that i had over on the SRT C site. I feel that I'm dead on and if you disagree, please voice your opinon.
    Here:

The problem with the libs, is that either way you go, there is no right answer. Edwards was their best option, he was the only one that I feel, stood out among the three in terms of policy. And it doesn't matter which dem. you vote for, McCain, has this one in the bag. In our day and age, there are 3 States up for grabs when it comes to the Presidential Election. Ohio, Florida, and Pennsylvania. Florida has already shown where they stand, with their Governor the most logical/likely choice for McCain's running mate, I think we can count this state for Republicans. Ohio, well you guys saw what took place between Clinton and Obama, I think it's safe to say, that McCain has this one with a decent margin, just like Hilary did. And as for Pennsylvania, it doesn't really matter does it? 2/3 is good enough. I'm very confident that our next president will be John McCain, and although he wasn't my first choice, I have faith in him no matter his party, and I can only hope that the American people do as well.
    No matter what party or president, as an American, this is what I believe in, and this is what I stand for:

One Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

Before I finish, I would like to leave you with a quote from the UK Prime Minister Tony Blair: "A simple way to take the measure of a country is to look at how many want in ... and how many want out."

God bless.

-James Redmond

Last edited: May 14, 2008
  10. FWSRT4

And please share why you have so much faith in John McCain. I mean anyone can make a blind statement, let's see why exactly McCain would make a stellar president.
    The focus is on Clinton/Obama right now, once June 14th passes, the focus will be right back on McCain. He has been lucky that the Dems are in a battle as his dirty laundry has yet to be aired.

Last edited: May 14, 2008
  11. Inferal

Inferal Full Access Member

The really sad thing is for both sides is out of all the people in this country these 3 choices are the best they could come up with :doh:

12. psi chick

psi chick New Member

if john mccain becomes president i'm moving to canada. i'm serious about that. bush has made a complete disaster of this country, and mccain is headed in the same direction. that's why i honestly don't think he has a chance in hell of winning. people are angry about the economy, gas prices, the war, all of it. mccain is going to continue what bush did, and that's how we got in this mess in the first place. people want change.

who cares if obama has no experience? in all honesty, what difference does that make? he thinks differently than the people in government, which is not a BAD thing since it's so completely fubared right now anyway. we need change. we need new ideas. we need someone to do things differently. we tried that here in ny with bloomberg being mayor. he came in with no political experience, no idea about how to run a city, but he knew how to run a company. he's changed a lot in nyc, and most of it for the better. so i say hooray for someone who DOESN'T know the political game and isn't going to be pressured by special interests and have their own agenda that takes precedent over the needs of the country.

13. StevoSRT

StevoSRT Moderator

screw it im voting for Nader

14. Paulie

Paulie New Member

I wish we could vote for none of the above and get new candidates myself. at this point I would rather have Pee Wee Herman in office than our other options.

15. StevoSRT

StevoSRT Moderator

thats it...im running...i have decided...

as for my party...

I AM RUNNING FOR THE SRT PARTY!!!!!!!!

16. DRKNE55

DRKNE55 The Badguy

if you actually feel that you need to move out of your home country because of your personal beliefs conflicting with who is in office, i feel sorry for you.

political exp is just one small area in which we are discussing. foreign policy, decision making, military exp all play huge factors in voting for a leader. you are saying that exp doesnt matter, in truth, it matters hugely when changes are to be made on a fairly quick pace. if you and your office dont know how the system works (no matter how badly) you will sit there spinning your wheels and not go anywhere.

i can understand where your coming from in terms of wanting change. i too want change. im just not ready for someone who doesnt know what theyre doing, someone who ran on a podium of change because he doesnt know whats going on in the first place.

17. TNCHARGER

TNCHARGER Moderator

I thought about moving to Canada if Obama was elected but then I and my family would not be safe. Canada is protected by just being a border country to the U.S. Once Obama stops all military research and cuts the U.S. Military budget to the bone the U.S. wont be able to protect herself..much less neighboring countries..

18. DRKNE55

DRKNE55 The Badguy

i have never seen a candidate other than obama who was more interested in killing our military might.

in a perfect world, we wouldnt need a military....as you know, this is far from a perfect world.

19. psi chick

psi chick New Member

i don't want to live in a country where personal freedoms are taken from me because of a idealistic religious based ideas that our president has. i don't want to live in a country where are soldiers are dying because an idiot sent us into a new vietnam and we can't leave. i don't want to live in a country that's more concerned with the rest of the world while it's own citizens are hungry, sick and unemployed. i don't want to live in a country where i am told what i can and cannot do with my own body simply because i'm female and men think they have the right to say so. i don't want to live in a country that takes its citizens for granted. that's the country that bush and mccain are creating. i want no part of it.

when a woman from communist russia says that she had more freedom under communist rule than we do in the usa, something is seriously screwed up. this country is a disaster, and the future doesn't look good.

20. FWSRT4

Does the US even have a Military?? I know Iraq has a freakin HUGE Military, but I haven't seen any Military personel in the US for well over 5 years now.