BC Coil-Overs Installed Today...

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Hempi420, Jan 26, 2010.

1. Hempi420

Hempi420 Backing a Fighter!

This system installed quite well, according to the Technician. Although he did indicate that future height adjustments may require some disassembly / re-assembly to complete. The technician did measure and setup the system using "Corner Weight Scales"

Now for the ride. It is slightly more firm than stock, however the ride comfort was remarkably improved over stock. Starting at 0 Spring Preload and 50% dampening setting it felt very good puling away from the shop. Softening down about 6 clicks and she was , dare I say "Silky Smooth" soaking up our rough frost heaved road sections with a near luxury car feel. This exceeded my expectations.

Handling is now much flatter in the corners and the sloppy pitch and yaw experienced with the stock system was not apparent.

There is some work to do on ride height, it's a bit low but no indication wheel rub. Speed bumps and curbs are a potential hazard now for certain.

The track here is covered in snow so can't comment on On-Track performance.

So, for my leap of faith, in purchasing, (from my perspective), an unknown product. I feel very very positive about my choice with nothing but good things to pass on to whomever may care.

I have a nicer, tighter ride.

Ron

2. SMosher

SMosher Silver Supporting Members

We jsut installed a set of these on rsmeanie's ride. Good buy imho.

3. Hempi420

Hempi420 Backing a Fighter!

4. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany