Bad Luck with Vortech Supercharger

Discussion in 'Engine & Performance Modifications' started by chargd08, Nov 30, 2009.

1. Dookie

Dookie Foe twenny sics

Ron, you can lead a horse to water...

2. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

it's a 30 amp fuse on 16 gauge. haha Which is why I upgraded to the 10 gauge wire three years ago.

I guess you and I being previous Audio junkies helps in this type of situation?

3. StevoSRT

StevoSRT Moderator

OK so....

I have a "non stock" Vortech system and they have helped me with every issue or question I have had.

Something tell's me you need to work on your approach.

What exactly did you do to A) contact vortech and B) explain your problem.

I dont want to come off like a douche or anything, but it sounds like you should NEVER be a R&D car again.

Take the advice you have gotten here, and fix your problem. Hopefully then you can fully enjoy your car.

4. LegMaker

LegMaker LMI - LegMakerIntakes

wow..... to the OP, sorry to hear your issues, but truthfully, the vortech system is a pretty proven set up. sounds like your issues are with the bap. i run the msd as well, and have made the same changes others have mentioned about upgrading the wiring. after close to a year and 10K miles, i have had zero issues with mine! good luck in getting things squared away and keep positive!!

5. TALON

TALON SRTV8

I haven't had any problems with my 10 month old MSD unit, but can you send me some info on your jumper harness, just in case?

Ken

6. chargd08

chargd08 New Member

Sorry I was so upset but I was just so frustrated with the faulty BAP. I Finally got my car back from Stack Performance. Hopefully the issues have been taken care of, i guess we will see.

7. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

Most of us have been in your shoes, so we really do understand the frustration levels. :)

We are a big family here and only want to help when issues arrise or even before they show up...

Hopefully your troubles are behind you now? The guys at Stack have great knowledge on the Paxton/Vortech blowers, so I am confident they have done you well.

Happy New Year.

8. StevoSRT

StevoSRT Moderator

Stack FTW!