auto light sensor

Discussion in 'Diablosport Q&A' started by vegas300srt8, Apr 11, 2010.

1. vegas300srt8

vegas300srt8 New Member

been having issue with them since installing 91 cai tune...did it in garage where it was dark would that be an issue?

lights turn on in strong day light...

2. Quick

Quick Mgmt. - I can't help you

You can adjust that yourself in the diagnostic EVIC screens. (at least I can on my 2006). I did it about 6 months ago. Turn on brightness and (I think) delay.

It's this one: I think 190 is stock and I sort of remember it was turning on when it was a little too bright which bugged me because it dims the dash and nav when the headlights are on. I can't remember which way I went. It was either up to about 200 or down to about 178. ...somehow I'm thinking you want to go to a bigger number to have the headlights come on when it's darker?? something about lumens.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 11, 2010
  3. vegas300srt8

vegas300srt8 New Member

nice! thank you will try that.

4. Quick

Quick Mgmt. - I can't help you

I checked mine today. I have it set at 204. Seems to be about right for me.
    What finally got me inspired to adjust it was this:
    I'd come home from work in the dark so the headlights were on when I shut the car off. Don't know if that had anything to do with it but I'd leave for work in the morning and it was bright enough not to need headlights but they were on when I started the car and stayed on (so the dash was too dim). Seemed like it was "sticking" from being on when I shut it off. So I'd set the dash lights to parade setting and then some time after dark I'd be thinking "damn, that nav unit is bright!"... After about a month of that I got inspired to tinker with the setting and now everything seems to be fine again.