Anyone thinking of going with an SCT tune?

Discussion in 'SRT Product Line General Discussion' started by HEMISFEAR, Feb 12, 2008.

1. HEMISFEAR

HEMISFEAR Ur Friendly Canadian

My local dyno shop owner (Joel at WPRacing) has been an SCT authorized tuner for a while now and has worked mostly with Fords. I like him because he seems honest, fair and knowledgeable...does anyone know how good an SCT tune is? Are their more parameters available than other competitive tuners? I may consider purchasing because of his proximity and good experience in the past.

Here's the link to SCT's new Hemi Tuner and custom tuning software:

http://www.sctflash.com/DCXC2.php

2. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

Unfortunetly SCT has not yet released the tuning for the 6.1's. :(

You can ask Torre from Unleashed Tuning about more details of SCT tuning for the 6.1's as he has some stuff for the Jeep guys.

And, Torre is a Supporting Vendor here. :)

3. markus

markus Silver Supporting Members

my dad has one on his crustang. they are to ford what the predator is to us

4. BLACK1

BLACK1 Head Monkey

SCT rawks! I had one on my Lightning.... In full form, they have a lot of adjustability. SCT has a tuner for the Viper V-10s, and I think they are working on something for the 6.1's now. Like others have said.... SCT is/was big in the Ford/GM market.

5. Goats

Goats God of skittles

nope im sticking with my S2 w/toys

6. Hemidup

Hemidup Supporting Vendor

Just got my SCT for my 05 Ram, 392 based 6.1 blown stroker. We'll see what it can do with 14 lbs of boost. The SCT still isn't offered to the public as of yet, I'm just a test mule.

7. TNCHARGER

TNCHARGER Moderator

I have just ordered an SCT to replace the controller I now have (VEC 3)....seems to work well with the Roe blower based on what others have reported...of course we are talking Viper power here..

8. 1FST4DR

1FST4DR Supporting Vendor

From what I understand isnt SCT in the 500.00 range??And they do not offer canned tunes??Only CMR??Sounds pricey to me

9. HEMISFEAR

It's my understanding that they offer 1 canned tune.

10. HEMISFEAR

Hey C! How 'bout a bowl of "shutty" soup! lol

11. HEMISFEAR

Hahaha. I'm glad I do too. People would be mistaking you for my bodyguard all the time lol. Yeah, I know...I've heard them all from getting her a pedicure (which I did and she hasn't used) to bangin that little one out. As long as she doesn't go past her April 1st due date we're good. Let the little gaffer languish in the warmth and come out when it's almost room temps outside lol. More than 2 cms dilated and baby is kicking all the time. As for the DashHawk...it will keep you busy haha. You'll be "running out to the store" more than every before.:yahoo:

12. srt-hardware

srt-hardware New Member

tomorrow I will meet with the SCT tuner on my supercharged application. I could give a report after that with dyno results and track results on Friday.

13. Wyoramsrt

Wyoramsrt Full Access Member

I hear they are doing some great things to the SRT-4. Better driveability and additional hp.

I just picked one up on a group buy for $500. I think normally they run $700. You can have up to 3 tunes stored in the unit. You can get the standard tune or you can send in your dyno sheet to get a custom tune. Even better you can put your ride on the dyno with the tuner to fine tune everything. SCT seems to be the best thing out there right now.

14. Hemidup

You lucky dog! You'll have to keep us informed. With the Hemi SCT, you can store up to 3 custom tune files by your local SCT custom tune dealer.

15. srt-hardware

srt-hardware New Member

I haven't forgotten that I need to send you (HEMIDUP) some pictures of the supercharger tubing. Marty Fletcher of KRC Performance in FL is doing the tuning. I believe he has already done a turbo Jeep and he believes that mine should not be a problem. It will be nice to be off the piggyback computer SMT-6 and have a smooth power curve.

16. Hemidup

I heard that Marty and Sean were tuning a few different cars and trucks this week. Let me know how things went.

17. sleeper

sleeper New Member

I ordered a SCT from Marty last week. Hes doing 3 custom tunes for me. Marty seems to know SCT inside out. Can't wait for it to get here.