Afr

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Crock, May 25, 2011.

1. Crock

Crock Communication

I recently purchase and install the Innovate Motorsports 3802 - Innovate Analog Air/Fuel Ratio Gauge with LC-1 Kits. I'm monitoring the AFR and my car idles at 14.3 temp at 180. When driving normally it's about 14.3 when it shifts from 1st to 2nd the AFR drops to 12.6 sometime a high 11 then slowly increase back to 14.3 same for 3rd. When I put the vehicle in 1st and manually shift from 1st to 2nd it runs at 14.3 but increase to about 16 at 4000 Rpms. My question is what is normal and what's not?

Thread I created because of fuel issue but during the discussion of the thread several people said one thing or another could cause the vehicle to fun lean or rich well because of this I purchase the gauges to find out weather i was lean or rich but didn't know the ranges of each. Fuel issue is on going but got in contact with plum floored creations and they told me they had similar issue and the solution was a fuel tank with the fuel pump build into the tank and could support up to 600 hp so waiting on the tank but in the mean time any help with the AFR if any issue could help.
    Engine Problem Resto Mod
    Fuel issues cause and effect

Engine mods ported/polished heads, Intake, Inertia srt max cam, slp underdrive pulley, long tube headers, Inertia tune my pcm, 3:55. Gears sure grip, power steering delete pulley, 2,400 rpm Stall, 727 torque flight, 180 thermostat, Billet Catch Can finally got one.

2. Quick

Quick Mgmt. - I can't help you

Generally speaking you should be running at (or around) 14.7 unless you go wide open throttle or heavy load. Under heavy load you should be around the low 12's and maybe even high 11's. If you're seeing 16 and you are not decelerating (like foot completely off the gas) that is bad.

3. 1fastsedan

1fastsedan Destroyer of Warranties

Are you running an OEM HEMI PCM (and which one) or a different engine management system? And has it been tuned yet for the heads/cam? In closed loop (part-throttle), you should see the AFR switching from low 14's to high 14's. You may go rich on the shift because your transmission doesn't communicate with the PCM. Knowing more about the electronics would really help us narrow this down. Thanks.

Last edited: May 26, 2011
  4. Crock

Crock Communication

I'm running a 5.7 manual truck pcm from hotwireauto. I currently have inertia trying to tuning the pcm for the heads and cam upgrade.The Heads and Intake have been ported and polished and the cam is a SRT Max. It's a drive by wire setup I have the stock 727 transmission with the throttle position box. I have the 6.1L HEMI Manual Transmission Harness. The tune I currently have is the third try and this is what I have. I'm unsure weather the tune is programmed for a manual trans.

5. Dookie

Dookie Foe twenny sics

Wait on the tank before trying to tune AFR. You may be starving the pump at shift...fuel moving towards the front of tank when you slow down to shift.
    I remembered a tank issue somewhere on a resto car, is why I suggested it to you in the other thread. I knew Plum Floored would be a good source for info/parts. I have no personal experience with them, but if and when I do a resto, i'll be calling them first.