advise on srt-10 caliper

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JimIsland-SRT8, Jul 24, 2010.

1. JimIsland-SRT8

JimIsland-SRT8 Full Access Member

Hey guys, my buddy has an 05 QC Viper truck and whats to go to the shindig with be but needs a new brake caliper. He called our local dealer and was told that they are 8 on national backorder and doesn't know when or if they can help him. Any of you truck guys run into this? Advise or can someone point me in the right direction? He's a good wrench so he really just needs the part.
    Thanks,Jim

2. TNCHARGER

TNCHARGER Moderator

Yeah, they are on backorder. Local friend of mine has an 05 QC 10 that hhas been sitting for over 2 months now waiting on calipers. He had an extended warranty that covered them. His brakes got so bad he had to park it and they gave him a rental.

I am not sure if any vendor here sells calipers for the SRT10. I bought brake pads from Zeckhausen Racing. Give Dave a call. He is a great guy and will help you out. He is not cheap but has quality parts.

http://zeckhausen.com/

3. STINKER

STINKER New Member

the cailipers are and have been on national backorder for about 6 months now, real pain in the arse

best thing to do is get a rebuild kit, they are not much, but the only thing wrong is a piston gettin hung in the caliper bore

4. JimIsland-SRT8

JimIsland-SRT8 Full Access Member

Thanks guys...that's abig help

5. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

hmmm, I think they have been on back order for over a year? lol When one of Maureen's Caliper pistons went bad, we had the same issue. Good thing for us is that our Dealership knows some people and got me one within a week. ;)