Access panel removal?

Discussion in 'SRT Product Line General Discussion' started by Quick, Mar 9, 2008.

1. Quick

Quick Mgmt. - I can't help you

How do I remove this? Do I need raplacement fasteners? In the first pic there are those things that look like push pins -- those plastic bolts with ridges on them? I assume you just pry/pull them out? Are they reusable or is it iffy.
    [​IMG]

Then in the far corners all the way over to the ends there are these two that look different? Different fastener? Just inside of the plastic ones are what looks like metal ones with philips notches cut in the head. One of the notches looks like it has an arrow so I'm assuming they are 1/4 or 1/2 twist fasteners?
    [​IMG]

2. 1fastsedan

1fastsedan Destroyer of Warranties

The flat topped ones are christmas tree push pins, the phillips heads ones you just rotate about 90 degrees. They're not real screws, they have a lever on the bottom that tightens everything up.

3. Quick

Quick Mgmt. - I can't help you

Thanks! I should probably order a few replacements then.

haha, time for a bulk order from the dealer. Missing push pin for under car cover right by the front jack point, handful of grill clips for front grill inserts that got missing, and christmas tree push pins.

4. BLACK1

BLACK1 Head Monkey

You can get the "Christmas Tree" push pins (and a special tool for them as well) at any Autozone, Pep Boys, Advanced Auto, etc... Any Dodge dealer should have the phillips head ones.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2008
  5. 1fastsedan

1fastsedan Destroyer of Warranties

The phillps head ones are part of that cowling. From what my parts guy told me, they cannot be ordered separately. Mine are oxidized and I was talking with him to try and get me 2 new ones. Or he could have just been feeling lazy that day.

6. Cheatek

Cheatek SRT once, SRT always

Hey Dave, do you have an intake manifold spacer? Your strut bar looks much closer to your manifold than mine (I know, off topic, sorry). BTW, what are you pulling apart your car for anyway, you still trying to install that a/f gauge?