A Fallen Hero Comes Home......

Discussion in 'Military Hall' started by TNCHARGER, Jun 21, 2010.

1. TNCHARGER

TNCHARGER Moderator

2. DRKNE55

DRKNE55 The Badguy

reminds me of when the 4 oakland pd were remembered about a year ago.

3. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

Larry, I can NOT thank you enough for posting the link to the very SPECIAL video of our fallen HERO.

I am currently filled with many emotions of sadness, warmth, patriotism, and joy.

I can barely type this as the tears keep falling.

PLEASE send a HUGE thank you to the creator of the video. He/She did an AMAZING job at filming, editing, and music selection...

Thank you again, Larry.

4. TNCHARGER

TNCHARGER Moderator

I knew you would appreciate this Ron....White is the 4th hero our area has buried since the war began.....

5. CentralTexHemi

CentralTexHemi PUNISHER

Awesome video Larry and great work keeping those that are blinded by hatred and the wrong ideals of how God loves everyone no matter what.

6. NOTPAID4

NOTPAID4 Platinum Supporting Member

These things always put a lump in my throat when I hear or see them and a little tear in my eye.

It was so different when I came home from Viet Nam.... I remember getting to the bus station with an 80# duffle bag and walking almost 5 miles before a trucker gave me a lift home ~ now that was sad!

7. TNCHARGER

TNCHARGER Moderator

I never did serve in the military. The vietnam war ended just a few months before my 18th BD....I remember how the nam vets were treated by my generation....I was one of the few that thought the vets should have been honored instead of spit on.....I also know a lot of those that would spit on a soldier then regret it now....

8. 3vom

3vom USMC Staff Sergeant

Wow.... This is what America is known for and looked up too for. There are more men I lost than fingers. Not a day goes by that I don't think of them. I come from a family of Patriots. One of the most intriguing, honorable, and proud American's is my father. He served in the Navy for one enlistment then L.A. County Sheriffs for 30 years. He holds the highest award the state gives for heroism and three others acts of unselfishness. My old man flew a flag every time one of his three boys deployed. There is a flag flying now for me that may never come down as my dad is now guarding the gates of heaven. He recently passed away from cancer. There was more that 300 cars to include 50 Sheriff patrol cars, a missing man fly over and a Navy flag folding detail. If only our country was full of people like him....... Miss you Dad

Last edited: Jun 26, 2010