2008 LX & Beyond Nationals (Columbus, OH)

Discussion in 'LX and Beyond Nationals' started by turbobuckeye, Jan 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. turbobuckeye

turbobuckeye Founder: LX Nationals

What The Heck Are They Giving Away For Prizes?!?

2008 LX & BEYOND NATIONALS - OFFICIAL PRIZE LIST​

*DRAG RACE COMPETITION PAYOUTS*
    Combo V.6 & 5.7 Bracket Race Class
    1st Place------($1480.00 Value)
    Full Set of Forged Pistons with Rings from Wiseco Pistons, One Pair Drag Radials {2 Tires} from Mickey Thompson Tires,
    16oz Bottle of Ace 4 from B-N-D Automotive

2nd Place------($340.00 Value)
    Gift Certificate from Aeroforce Technology, Gift Certificate from COMP Cams, Gift Certificate from Pedders USA,

Semi-Finalists (2)------(Each $115.00 Value)
    Gift Certificate from Precision Torque, 16oz Bottle of Ace 4 from B-N-D Automotive

Best Reaction Time During Eliminations------($90.00 Value)
    Gift Certificate from Precision Torque, 16oz Bottle of Ace 4 from B-N-D Automotive

Closest to Dial-In During Eliminations------($90.00 Value)

6.1 Bracket Race Class
    Full Set of Forged Pistons with Rings from Wiseco Pistons, One Pair Drag Radials {2 Tires} from Mickey Thompson Tires,

2nd Place------($240.00 Value)
    Gift Certificate for 25% Off from DevilsOwn Alcohol Injection, Gift Certificate from COMP Cams,
    Gift Certificate for 10% Off from Pedders USA, 16oz Bottle of Ace 4 from B-N-D Automotive

Semi-Finalists (2)------(Each $115.00 Value)

Quick 16 - Heads Up Race Class
    16oz Bottle of Ace 4 from B-N-D Automotive, Gift Certificate for 15% Off from Pedders-USA

2nd Place------($640.00 Value)
    Complete Kit from DevilsOwn Alcohol Injection, Gift Certificate from COMP Cams, 16oz Bottle of Aces 4 from B-N-D Automotive

Semi-Finalists (2)------(Each $190.00 Value)
    Gift Certificate from Spark Plugs.com, Gift Certificate for 25% Off from DevilsOwn Alcohol Injection,
    16oz Bottle of Aces 4 from B-N-D Automotive

Best Reaction Time During Eliminations------($140.00 Value)
    Gift Certificate from Aeroforce Technology, 16oz Bottle of Aces 4 from B-N-D Automotive

Exhibition Race Class
    1st Place------($1954.00 Value)
    Full Set of Forged Pistons with Rings from Wiseco Pistons, Gift Certificate for One Full Set of Performance Tires {4 Total} from Goodyear Tires, 16oz Bottle of Aces 4 from B-N-D Automotive

2nd Place------($640.00 Value)
    Complete Kit from DevilsOwn Alcohol Injection, Gift Certificate from Aeroforce Technology,
    Gift Certificate from COMP Cams, 16oz Bottle of Aces 4 from B-N-D Automotive

Semi-Finalists (2)------(Each $190.00 Value)
    Gift Certificate from Spark Plugs.com, Gift Certificate for 25% Off from DevilsOwn Alcohol Injection,
    16oz Bottle of Aces 4 from B-N-D Automotive

Gift Certificate from Spark Plugs.com, 16oz Bottle of Aces 4 from B-N-D Automotive

Gift Certificate from Spark Plugs.com, 16oz Bottle of Aces 4 from B-N-D Automotive

*CAR SHOW COMPETITION AWARDS*

Best of Show Magnum------($481.00 Value)
    Custom 7-piece Underhood Kit from Billet Technology, Full 4-Piece Set of Custom Aluminum Pedals from Ultimate Pedals

Best of Show 300------($481.00 Value)
    Custom 7-piece Underhood Kit from Billet Technology, Full 4-Piece Set of Custom Aluminum Pedals from Ultimate Pedals

Best of Show Charger------($481.00 Value)

Top 5 Orginal
    1st Place------($428.00 Value)
    Diablo Sport Predator from Diablo Sport, 16oz Bottle of Ace 4 from B-N-D Automotive,
    Quik Care Detailing Kit from Meguiar's

2nd Place------($113.00 Value)
    Halo Foglight Kit from Advanced Automotive Concepts, Quik Care Detailing Kit from Meguiar's

3rd Place------($113.00 Value)
    Gift Certificate from Gardner-Westcott, Quik Care Detailing Kit from Meguiar's

4th Place------($113.00 Value)

5th Place------($63.00 Value)
    Gift Certificate from Spark Plugs.com, Quik Care Detailing Kit from Meguiar's

Top 5 Modified
    Diablo Sport Predator w/ CMR Tune from Late Model Speed, 16oz Bottle of Ace 4 from B-N-D Automotive,

One Halo Foglight Kit from Advanced Automotive Concepts, Quik Care Detailing Kit from Meguiar's

*DOOR PRIZES (PRE-REGISTERED BY APRIL 30TH)*

-TBA-

*GENERAL MEET & GREET DRAWINGS*

-TBA-

Next, I will be posting details for Car Show, Meet & Greet and the Door Prizes---so check this post daily as they get posted.

I hope we have your ATTENTION!!!!!!

See you soon,
    Anthony Carter

Last edited: May 30, 2008
  2. turbobuckeye

Get Your Shine On!!!

*CAR SHOW COMPETITION AWARDS*
    Best of Show Magnum------($481.00 Value)

Best of Show 300------($481.00 Value)

Best of Show Charger------($481.00 Value)

Top 5 Orginal
    Diablo Sport Predator from Diablo Sport, 16oz Bottle of Ace 4 from B-N-D Automotive,

Halo Foglight Kit from Advanced Automotive Concepts, Quik Care Detailing Kit from Meguiar's

Top 5 Modified
    Diablo Sport Predator w/ CMR Tune from Late Model Speed, 16oz Bottle of Ace 4 from B-N-D Automotive,

One Halo Foglight Kit from Advanced Automotive Concepts, Quik Care Detailing Kit from Meguiar's

Anthony will post the stuff for the remaining Car Show Classes, Meet & Greet and Door Prizes throughout the weekend---so check this thread daily as they get posted.

I hope we have your ATTENTION!!!

See ya soon,
    Anthony Carter

3. CHERRY

CHERRY Full Access Member

For those of you that PRE-REGISTERED, I have mailed out a confirmation package to you. Inside that package will be a two sided letter with your Entry Number, if you are racing you will also get an NHRA Tech Card, your ticket or tickets (if you bought extra), plus a decal.

The Decal is a PEEL & STICK, make sure that your windshield is cleaned off and I would suggest that you take one of the corners of the decal and fold it under
    (that way you can peel it off easier). When you get this packet, I would suggest that you put it in your car so you don't loose it.

Please try to come to the Wingate Hotel on Friday between 3pm & 8pm to get your Goody Bag, pick up extra tickets if needed, buy your Event T-Shirts, and fill out a survey.

The Drag Strip will open at 8:00am on Saturday, PLEASE do not show up any sooner than that time. Make sure you have your decal on the windshield and your ticket(s) in hand. You will come in through Gate A and stay to the left side of the Pay Booth, that way you get in quickly.

Put your radio on FM 88.3 to hear all the announcements....

Those that are NOT pre-registered will come in Gate A also but they must stay to the right side of the Pay Booth. Your decal color will tell the Casual Cruisers Car Club Member which direction to send you.

I would like to take this moment to say thanks to all of you that are coming to the LX & BEYOND NATIONALS & whether you are a Participant or a Vendor as this will be the Event talked about for months.

See you SOON
    Chuck Green

4. CHERRY

JUNE IS OFFICIALLY HERE

Looking forward to meeting you at the
    LX & BEYOND NATIONALS

Chuck Green

5. Kevan

Kevan SRT-10 Owner

What's the deal for spectators/visitors?

Ticket cost?
    Parking?

6. turbobuckeye

$10 per person/spectators (16 and older)

No charge for parking

Hope we see you out there!!!

Anthony Carter

7. turbobuckeye

T-Shirt Update!!!

Sizes/Pricing:

$15 - Youth Large
    $20 - M, L, XL
    $25 - XXL
    $30 - 3XL, 4XL
    $30 - All Tall Sizes​

*Youth Sizes, 3XL, 4XL, all ALL TALL sizes available via pre-order only
    (Pre-Order Deadline: Tuesday, June 3)

PayPal: [email protected]
    Include forum name, real name and sizes and quantity requested.

NO SHIPPING OPTION AVAILABLE - MUST BE PICKED UP AT THE EVENT!!!

Last edited: Jun 1, 2008
  8. Kevan

Kevan SRT-10 Owner

Cool. Thanks.
    Is that per day?
    Is there a 2-day ticket available?

9. turbobuckeye

Yes, that is per day.

No 2-day ticket available.

10. turbobuckeye

Maps/Directions to Hotel/Track

Can't wait to see everyone in less than 2 weeks. Going to post up some maps, directions and driving info for everyone heading out here. Also, will put a link in post #2 to bring you right to this post without having to search the thread. See you soon!!!

Anthony Carter

- HIGHWAY ALERTS!!! -

U.S. 23
    HEADS UP for anyone coming down U.S. 23 into Columbus, the speed limit is 65mph all the way to the Delaware County line where it then drops to 55mph. State troopers wait there, and will write tickets not much over the limit then it drops to 45mph same deal BEWARE.

Columbus Metro Initiative - Six Week Enforcement
    Beginning Monday, June 2, 2008, drivers should expect to see a larger law-enforcement presence on the roads and freeways. It's a 6-week enforcement effort that's aimed at lowering serious accidents and fatal crashes. Groups participating in this initiative are State Highway Patrol, Columbus Police and the Sheriff's Office

- DIRECTIONS -

National Trail Raceway, 2650 National Road SW, Hebron, Ohio 43025..........(740) 928-5706
    Located about 20 miles east of Columbus, one mile north of I-70 at the Kirkersville Exit 126.
    **TRACK ANNOUNCEMENTS CAN BE HEARD ON FM RADIO STATION 88.3**

Detroit/Toledo Area:
    Drive south on I-75 to Exit 156 in Findlay. Go east on State Route 15, which becomes U.S. 23 16 miles east of Findlay. Exit on State Route 37 in Delaware. Stay on Route 37 until you reach U.S. 40 (about 45 miles). Turn right on U.S. 40. The track is one mile on the right.
    Flint, Ann Arbor, West Michigan area:
    Drive south on 23 to Toledo. Take I-475 around Toledo to I-75, then south to Exit 156 in Findlay. Go east on State Route 15, which becomes U.S. 23 16 miles east of Findlay. Exit on State Route #37 in Delaware. Stay on Route 37 until you reach U.S. 40 (about 45 miles). Turn right on U.S 40. The track is one mile on the right.

Dayton/Indianapolis and All Points West:
    Drive on I-70 east to Columbus. Take Exit 126 (Granville-Route 37) and take a left from the exit. At the first intersection, make another left turn onto State Route 40. The track is one mile on the right.

Cincinnati Area:
    Drive north on I-71 to the south side of Columbus. Take I-270 to I-70 East. Exit onto 126. Turn left onto State Route 40. The track is one mile on the right.

Pittsburgh/Wheeling/West Virginia Area:
    Drive on I-70 West to Exit 126. Take a right from the exit. Turn left onto State Route 40. The track is one mile on the right.

Buffalo/Erie/Cleveland Area:
    Drive on I-90 West to Cleveland. If going to Columbus, take I-271 to I-71 South. Go south on I-77 from I-271 when bypassing Cleveland, then go west on I-70 to Exit 126. Take a right from the exit to the first intersection. Turn left onto State Route 40. The track is one mile on the right.

Zanesville Area:
    Drive on I-70 West to Exit 126 (28 miles). Take a right from the exit to the first intersection. Turn left onto State Route 40. The track is one mile on the right.

Chicago Area:
    Drive on I-65 toward Indianapolis. Take I-465 to I-70 East to Columbus. Take Exit 126 from I-70.Take a right from the exit to the first intersection. Turn left onto State Route 40. The track is one mile on the right.

The Wingate Hotel, 8505 Pulsar Place, Columbus, Ohio 43240..........(614) 844-5888
    Located about 40 miles northwest of National Trail Raceway, 38 min drive

Hilton Garden Inn, 8535 Lyra Drive, Columbus, Ohio 43240..........(614) 846-8884
    Located about 40 miles northwest of National Trail Raceway, 38 min drive

Last edited: Jun 3, 2008
  11. Kevan

Kevan SRT-10 Owner

ALSO:

Troopers *LOVE* to hang out on I-270 and whip out their spiffy new laser radar guns. If the weather's nice, they'll be out zooming.

Favorite Locations:
    - Dublin area (NW corner of I-270)
    - Gahanna-Reynoldsburg area (East side of I-270)
    - Airport area (SE side of I-270 and East side of I-670)

There are nice sections of road there with unusually high embankments where one motorcycle officer is on foot and actually jumps out into the far left lane....zaps ya....then does the "PULL OVER!!!" movement with his arms. His/her partner is waiting for you a couple of dozen yards down the highway to write you your citation.
    They are true radar ninjas and will have 4-5 cars waiting for their speeding tickets at one time. It's like a drive-thru of pain.

Those with super-bling might want to keep it a couple of MPH under the limit. :grin:

12. Trojan

Trojan Trillions Bro! Right on!

Hey folks just confirmed me and my 300C will be in Columbus for the event. See you all there!

13. turbobuckeye

Wow! Looking forward to seeing you here. Have a safe trip!!!

-Anthony

14. bee0912

bee0912 Rumble Bee 0912

Hey Kevan and i want to come out tonight and see what up at the hotel. So is anyone going to be there?

please PM me and i will give you my number so we can see what up.

15. turbobuckeye

Welcome to Coolumbus to those of you that made it into town tonight.

Those of you getting on the roads tonight and in the morning please be safe driving in and take your time. Columbus is in good shape but a lot of surrounding areas got soaked pretty bad and some even flooded.

Been trying to check in on the threads as much as possible as well as getting final details wrapped up. I have had my share of Friday the 13th issues too, but reading about everyone else's ordeals I don't feel so bad. Sorry to hear about those of you that have had fatal car issues and will not be able to make it.

Bad News: Weather is probably gonna be fairly rainy and bad on Friday.

Good News: It rained much earlier than forecasted and the cell is moving at a good pace which means the forecast has improved a lot for Saturday and Sunday.

If you don't get an immediate response to your PM or e-mail to myself or Chuck its not that we are ignoring you we are probably getting things ready at the HQ Hotel. Looking forward to a good LX weekend, Let's get this d@mn thing rolling already . . . . HELL YEAH IT'S JUNE!!!!

Look forward to seeing everyone!!!

p.s. Those that arrive early we could use help in the reception room setting up the goodies bags, also Chuck will probably have some other items he will need help with.

16. CHERRY

V-6 & HEMI Bracket Class:

SEMI FINALS:

#5707 Ronald Hester from Fairborn, Oh. 2007 Charger 3.5 V6
    he dialed at 16.50; cut a .337 reaction time and ran 16.351 @ 85.67
    Ron won {broke out by .149} his competition broke out more

#5704 Michael Geckle from Orlando, FL. 2006 Charger R/T HEMI
    he dialed in at 13.75; cut a .078 reaction time and ran 13.524 @ 101.86
    Michael broke out by .226

#5705 Don Emry from Old Hickory, TN. 2005 Magnum R/T HEMI
    he dialed in at 13.45; cut a .738 reaction time and ran 13.710 @ 88.46
    Don won as he had a bye run with no competition

FINALS:

#5705 Don Emry from Old Hickory, TN. 2005 Magnum R/T HEMI
    he dialed in at 13.45; cut a .127 reaction time and ran 13.487 @ 104.09
    Don WON the Class

#5707 Ronald Hester from Fairborn, Oh. 2007 Charger 3.5 V6
    he dialed in at 16.50; cut a .172 reaction time and ran 16.502 @ 84.42

The Closest to their Dial In during Eliminations was Ronald Hester and he did it on his last round of Eliminations. He was only .002 off from his Dial In--WTG
    Don Emry also was only .002 off of his Dial in in round 2.

The Best Reaction Time during Eliminations went to Frank Leloup from
    Gary, IN. in his 2007 Magnum R/T. He cut a .044 light and a .000 is perfect.

I will post the SRT-8 Class in my next post to avoid any confusion.

Congratulations to you.....
    Chuck

Last edited: Jun 19, 2008
  17. CHERRY

SRT-8 Bracket Class:

SEMI FINALS:

#6102 Anthony Wirth from West Branch, MI. 2006 Chrysler 300 SRT-8
    he dialed at 13.45; cut a .124 reaction time and ran 13.743 @ 98.01
    Anthony won

#6105 Allen Davis from Champaign, IL. 2007 Charger SRT-8
    he dialed in at 13.69; cut a .319 reaction time and ran 13.895 @ 102.14

#5712 Robert Powell Sr. from Midlotjian, VT. 2005 Magnum R/T 392
    he dialed in at 13.10; cut a 1.022 reaction time and ran 14.469 @ 76.10
    Robert won as he had a bye run with no competition

FINALS:

#5712 Robert Powell Sr. from Midlotjian, VT. 2005 Magnum R/T 392
    he dialed in at 13.10; cut a .189 reaction time and ran 13.200 @ 106.64
    Robert WON the Class

#6102 Anthony Wirth from West Branch, MI. 2006 Chrysler 300 SRT-8
    he dialed in at 13.65; cut a -.028 reaction time and ran 13.558 @ 103.83
    Anthony redlighted and broke out, but got 2nd Place

The Closest to their Dial In during Eliminations in the SRT Class was Eric Green and he did it in the first round of Eliminations. He ran a 12.933 on a 12.90 Dial In and was only .033 off from his Dial In

The Best Reaction Time during Eliminations in the SRT-8 Class went to
    Anthony Wirth from West Branch, MI. in his 2006 Chrysler 300 SRT-8.
    He cut a .014 light and a .000 is perfect. That was the Best Reaction Time during Eliminations for the entire Event

I will post the QUICK 16 Class in my next.

Chuck Green

18. CHERRY

QUICK 16 Heads-Up Class:

SEMI FINALS:

#6116 Daniel Vanhorn from Wantagh, NY. 2006 Charger SRT-8
    he cut a .193 reaction time and ran 11.622 @ 119.04
    Daniel won as he had a BYE

#6118 Chad Taback from Benson, NY. 2006 Chrysler SRT-8
    he cut a .249 reaction time and ran 12.608 @ 110.71
    Chad won as he cut a better light than his competition

#5734 Chris Dufresne from Waldorf, MD. 2005 Chrysler SRT-8
    he cut a .289 reaction time and ran 12.594 @ 111.34

FINALS:

#6116 Daniel Vanhorn from Wantagh, NY. 2006 Charger SRT-8
    he cut a .106 reaction time and ran 11.453 @ 120.08
    Daniel WON the Class

#6118 Chad Taback from Benson, NY. 2006 Chrysler SRT-8
    he cut a -.010 reaction time and ran 11.583 @ 122.32
    Chad redlighted but LOOK at that MPH
    That is amazing especially in the DA that we were racing in---WOW !!!

The Best Reaction Time during Eliminations in the Quick 16 Class went to
    Dan Vanhorn (entry #6116) in his 2006 Charger SRT-8, he did that in the last round. He cut a .106 light and a .000 is perfect.

On a slippery track and with 2600 feet DA that is Flying !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will post the Exhibition Class next.
    Chuck Green

19. CHERRY

Exhibition Class:

SEMI FINALS:

#Exh-23 Bob Morreale from Spring Hill, FL. 2006 Charger HEMI
    he cut a .554 reaction time and dialed in at 13.35; he ran 16.071 @ 67.97
    Bob won as his competition broke.

#Exh-12 James Reeves from Augusta, GA. 1986 Dodge Omni GLH-T
    he cut a .470 reaction time and dialed in at 11.50; he ran 16.108 @72.23

#Exh-01 Rob Pachner from New Springfield, OH. 1983 Dodge Charger FWD
    he cut a .454 reaction time and dialed in at 11.20; he ran 11.480 @109.19
    Rob won as he had a BYE run

FINALS:

#Exh-23 Bob Morreale from Spring Hill, FL. 2006 Charger HEMI
    he cut a .020 reaction time and dialed in at 13.35; he ran 13.385 @ 106.37
    Bob won the Exhibition Class as his competition broke out

#Exh-01 Rob Pachner from New Springfield, OH. 1983 Dodge Charger FWD
    he cut a .149 reaction time and dialed in at 11.30; he ran 11.283 @ 131.56
    Rob's car is a Front Wheel Drive 4 Cylinder

The Best Reaction Time during Eliminations in the Exhibition Class went to
    Bob Morreale (entry #Exh-23) in his 2006 Charger HEMI, he did that in the last round. He cut a .020 light and a .000 is perfect.

The Closest to your Dial In during Eliminations also went to Bob Morreale in the last round as he went 13.385 on a 13.35 Dial In.
    So Bob won THREE Plaques and lots of prizes

WTG BOB

Thanks for coming to eh 1st Annual
    LX & BEYOND NATIONALS
    Chuck Green

20. turbobuckeye

Thank You!!!

Wow, what a weekend for the LX community!!!

We want to thank each and every one of you for coming to Columbus, Ohio and making the 1ST ANNUAL LX & BEYOND NATIONALS event a success. It was a pleasure to finally get to put so many forum names and cars with the faces of the people behind them. This event was all about the people and Chuck and I want to thank all of YOU for taking a chance, coming out to Columbus and believing in us. Mother nature put some obstacles in a way but the determination and heart of the LX community prevailed. We sincerely hope that everyone has added some good memories and built upon some friendships that will last for many years to come. Thank you for letting us be apart of that.

Please join me in thanking all of the MANY Forums owners and administartors for allowing us to post the event and help us to bring together so many LX owners and enthusiasts from across the country. There are far too many to list, but if you are reading this post then this is one of the many that helped spread the word to all of you. Thank you!!!

Absolutely, without a doubt we would like to thank all of the sponsors for helping the idea of the LX & BEYOND NATIONALS become a reality. Some of them were able to attend in person and some where not, but let us make it known that without them this event would not have been possible. Hopefully, everyone was able to pickup some goodies and meet the vendors in-person that were there and thank them for their support of the event and LX community. If not, please send them a PM, e-mail or letter and thank them for their support. They deserve it and should be recognized for their support. Thank you!!!

Next, we want to thank the CASUAL CRUISERS CAR CLUB that helped to keep everything running smoothly and were our eyes and ears throughout the day. These ladies and gentlemen helped out more than most of you will ever know and were invaluable to making the daily activities go as well as they did. Hats off to Gail (President), Dave (VP), and the rest of the group. It was our privilege and pleasure working with all of you. Thank you!!!

Last, but not least we would like to thank all the forum members and volunteers that stepped up to help out as well: Jim (4DOORZ06), Beth (Mrs. "CHERRY"), Sam (OMSRT8), Alice (Challenger Lover), Tim (GoofyTimL), Hank (B&G Banana), Ron (Rodie), Golden (Grey1), Chris (ChargerChick), Duncan (TTMR), Chris (KRYPTONITE), Nick (wickedchargerrt), Dana (DanaM) and many others. My head is still spinning from the weekend, so if I forgot to mention anyone please don't be mad at me, its not intentional.

Don't forget that there will be a DVD of the entire weekend Friday thru Sunday, that also includes the behind-the-scenes footage of the Makeover. (Details to follow) Thanks to those of you that stepped up and supported the camera crew with the additional footage that was missed on Friday and throughout the weekend. The event was so big that it proved to be a challenge even for a 4-man camera crew to cover!!!

We will be taking a few weeks to relax, evaluate the weekend and gather some thoughts. Anybody that has any suggestions, or critiques (good or bad) please let us know via PM or e-mail.

Congrats again to Brad (4DEATER) and Nick (wickedchargerrt)!!!

Take care and look forward to seeing all of you for the 2ND ANNUAL LX & BEYOND NATIONALS.

Sincerely,

Anthony Carter & Chuck Green

p.s. Race Results, Car Show Results, Door Prizes and Drawings, and details on the Makeover to follow. (Stay Tuned)

p.p.s. Keep posting those pics and videos!!!

Link #1: http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73414
    Link #2: http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=118340
    Link #3: http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=120117

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.