11 second 4,444 pound PIG! Gotta love it!

Discussion in 'Drag Racing' started by cvp33, Oct 30, 2009.

1. cvp33

cvp33 Full Access Member

Let's cut to the chase:

60' - 1.878
    330 - 5.142
    1/8th - 7.777
    MPH - 93.18
    1000 - 10.061
    1/4 - 11.972
    MPH - 117.95

I haven't been this excited in a long time. Simple mods - ProCharger with 6psi and Dyno Tuned Performance tune and Magnaflow CATS. THAT'S IT! Ran on Toyo Proxes 275/40's and just dry hopped 'em to get 'em clean. Rolled into the throttle and surprise a few folks! And it scaled at 4,444 lbs. with me in it. Still can't believe she ran 11's on street tires!

Looking at Builder Bill's valve body and a LSD rear next. Then I'll have the balls to run slicks. I'm thinking she'll be good for 11.70's even with my crappy driving skills.

Special thanks to Brent, Frank and Sean from Dyno Tuned Performance for talking me out of cam/heads and into the 11's - YOU GUYS ROCK!!!! :thanks:

2. NetNathan

NetNathan Not the Momma

Nice numbers...

Congrats.

3. LegMaker

LegMaker LMI - LegMakerIntakes

friggin awesome chris!!! i am really hoping to have mine well into the 11's very soon. still has not cooled off here in florida!!!! once the weather gets nice, on go the d/r's and off to the racetrack i go!!! seeing as our hp output is very similar, i think 11.7's is in my future!! lol

4. cvp33

cvp33 Full Access Member

NN and Chris - THANKS!

And Chris YOU will definitely be 11.70's or better with your setup.

5. LegMaker

LegMaker LMI - LegMakerIntakes

i hope....... what i wanted when i started this entire project last christmas (thanks ron for that phone call on christmas day that started this whole story!! lol), was a car that had 500+ rwhp and ran mid - hi 11's, but i could still drive everyday. i think i have been successful!! sounds like you as well are enjoying the same thing buddy!!

6. cvp33

cvp33 Full Access Member

I'm catching grief for posting that it's a simple mod. I was debating heads/cam and a converter when my tuner talked me into the ProCharger setup. I've never been so happy. When you think about what you need to get a N/A car into the 11's it boggles the mind:

Throttle Body
    Headers
    Cat Back
    Hiflow CATS
    Underdrive Pulley
    Converter
    Heads
    Cam
    CAI
    Gears
    LSD
    1,000 HP half shafts

Or you can bolt on a ProCharger, get a tune and go! This is still my daily driver seeing 700+ miles per week and nets me 22mpg hwy. So glad I went this route. With a new rear end and slicks 11.70's are easy.

7. TNCHARGER

TNCHARGER Moderator

Congrats!!!