Looking to get into a GSRT

vvv90

She's a Ho...For show....
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
269
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
North Aurora IL
I'm looking to get out of my 300 and into a GSRT for a few reasons.

1.) I'm done with black! Chicago just isn't the place for it and there's nothing worse than salt on black.

2.) Swirl marks....These damn things just showed up on my black 300 within the past 1.5 years and it sucks! It's impossible for me to detail the car with any more care, or any better products. Let's face it, with salt on the roads, a swirl free black paint job is impossible.

3.) All-wheel drive. I already mentioned Chicago, 'nuff said

4.) I miss having my pickup truck for utility reasons.


So, with that said, I could care less about towing, and I want something that seats 5 comfortably with get-up-n-go and great stopping ability. I've had a GSRT around the road course so I know what it's capable of and the GSRT just seems to fit. I had an SRT10 and I miss the utility of it. It just seems like the GSRT is a great balance of all weather performance and utility.

....Oh, by the way, I WANT SILVER! (even though black is my favorite color.)


So here's just a couple questions:

1.) I'd like to have MyGig, do I need an '07 or later for that?
2.) What kind of gas mileage is attainable on the highway? (I dont' believe the rags or the EPA.
3.) Any known issues between each of the years?


That'll do for now, any advice is welcomed!

-Matt
 
Hi Matt. No help here from me.

Sorry for the jack

You coming to SpringFest?
 
You stupid jerk! you just want one because I'm trying to talk Diana into getting one now that she's preggers!!!!!!!!!! J/K. I'll be subscribing to this and delivering all good info to the wife in hopes of convincing her. She knows she already wants a Jeep for sure, just not sure if it's the GC or Commander...Inform away people...
 
You stupid jerk! you just want one because I'm trying to talk Diana into getting one now that she's preggers!!!!!!!!!! J/K. I'll be subscribing to this and delivering all good info to the wife in hopes of convincing her. She knows she already wants a Jeep for sure, just not sure if it's the GC or Commander...Inform away people...


Hahaha....Yeah well, we gotta talk offline about this whole thing.
 
if you want Mygig you need to get the 08. Plus, the 08 come with the black interior which is way better than the light gray one on the 06-07.
 
I'm looking to get out of my 300 and into a GSRT for a few reasons.

1.) I'm done with black! Chicago just isn't the place for it and there's nothing worse than salt on black.

2.) Swirl marks....These damn things just showed up on my black 300 within the past 1.5 years and it sucks! It's impossible for me to detail the car with any more care, or any better products. Let's face it, with salt on the roads, a swirl free black paint job is impossible.

3.) All-wheel drive. I already mentioned Chicago, 'nuff said

4.) I miss having my pickup truck for utility reasons.


So, with that said, I could care less about towing, and I want something that seats 5 comfortably with get-up-n-go and great stopping ability. I've had a GSRT around the road course so I know what it's capable of and the GSRT just seems to fit. I had an SRT10 and I miss the utility of it. It just seems like the GSRT is a great balance of all weather performance and utility.

....Oh, by the way, I WANT SILVER! (even though black is my favorite color.)


So here's just a couple questions:

1.) I'd like to have MyGig, do I need an '07 or later for that?
2.) What kind of gas mileage is attainable on the highway? (I dont' believe the rags or the EPA.
3.) Any known issues between each of the years?


That'll do for now, any advice is welcomed!

-Matt

1. 08 and up for MyGig......
2. 15mpg reaslistically no WOT.....with Vortech 20.1 :happy:
3. All years have weak transfer cases....luck of the draw....typical o-ring leak...rear end whine is normal


You're wise for shooting for Silver

IMG_0855.jpg

IMG_0854.jpg

IMG_0856.jpg

IMG_0827.jpg
 
I love my 07 but I do like the features on the 08, MyGiG, touch screen Navigation (wish I had this) and the dash cluster lights is a really cool LED white/blue VS the 07 Green much more eye appealing. I'm not a fan of the 08 steering wheel kinda boring compared to the 07, the seats in the 08's just have the white SRT stitched into it vs the red white black SRT8 on my 07. Both have backup camera and parking sensors. I think the 08's have rear heated seats?? Maybe its the 09?? 08's have bi-xenon lights and red brembro calipers vs black ones on my 07. Both have memory entry seats. Probably missed a few things but those are just a few that come to mind
 
I love my 07 but I do like the features on the 08, MyGiG, touch screen Navigation (wish I had this) and the dash cluster lights is a really cool LED white/blue VS the 07 Green much more eye appealing. I'm not a fan of the 08 steering wheel kinda boring compared to the 07, the seats in the 08's just have the white SRT stitched into it vs the red white black SRT8 on my 07. Both have backup camera and parking sensors. I think the 08's have rear heated seats?? Maybe its the 09?? 08's have bi-xenon lights and red brembro calipers vs black ones on my 07. Both have memory entry seats. Probably missed a few things but those are just a few that come to mind


Cool, thanks for the info. This is very helpful in my decision making process. I'm leaning towards '07 then.

1.) I can actually upgrade to the MyGig if I want unlike the '06's
2.) I like the red,black embroidery way better.
3.) I don't care if the rear passengers have warm cheeks so long as I do. :D
4.) I can paint the calipers red for $30 plus decals
5.) bi-xenon lights? Hmmm...I'll have to research that upgrade.
6.) I'd like the new gauges, but I can live with the green ones. They never bothered me in my 300C SRT.
 
the black interior and mygig in the 08 are enough to convince me. I hate the light gray interior in the 06/07.

srt8_interior_GRC_09.jpg


06_Jeep_SRT8_18.jpg
 
Last edited:
the black interior and mygig in the 08 are enough to convince me. I hate the light gray interior in the 06/07.

srt8_interior_GRC_09.jpg


06_Jeep_SRT8_18.jpg



Not for $5k more it isn't,

but I agree, the black looks WAY better.

maybe I'll wait a year until the '08's are around $28k
 
That's why I got the caliber after the Nsrt-4. I wanted the JGC Srt-8 so bad but couldn't afford the 08 and didn't want the 06-07.

I am driving my caliber srt-4 until I can afford an 08 JGC SRT-8!!
 
That's why I got the caliber after the Nsrt-4. I wanted the JGC Srt-8 so bad but couldn't afford the 08 and didn't want the 06-07.

I am driving my caliber srt-4 until I can afford an 08 JGC SRT-8!!


Not a bad idea...I'm thinking of doing the same since my budget is $30k at most, and that's with Taxes and extended warranty. I'm thinking next Winter I could get an '08 for that.
 
Hey Matt, I too am looking at used JeepSRT's and in Silver as well..:magic: The only color in the JeepSRT I like.

I love these AWD beasts and want it for daily use so I can park my Mag full time along side the Bee.

I am waiting until the used 06/07's Jeeps start to hit $20K, which is not long now. Or I might still get a brand new CSRT4 as my buddy has one with the stage 1 installed from Mopoar and the little car is fun to drive...fast little sucker.

Are you planning to fly out again for SF4 this year?
 
Hey there Mark! Good to talk to you again, it's been a while.

I'm planning on being there for SF4 for sure!

Hey Matt, I too am looking at used JeepSRT's and in Silver as well..:magic: The only color in the JeepSRT I like.

I love these AWD beasts and want it for daily use so I can park my Mag full time along side the Bee.

I am waiting until the used 06/07's Jeeps start to hit $20K, which is not long now. Or I might still get a brand new CSRT4 as my buddy has one with the stage 1 installed from Mopoar and the little car is fun to drive...fast little sucker.

Are you planning to fly out again for SF4 this year?
 

Members online

No members online now.

New threads

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
20,310
Messages
321,983
Members
9,974
Latest member
Kandi9212
Back
Top