How to "PASTE" PICS/SIGS in your Posts.

Discussion in 'PhotoShop and Signatures' started by HEMISFEAR, Nov 26, 2007.

1. HEMISFEAR

HEMISFEAR Ur Friendly Canadian

This is a brief explanation of how you can post a picture or a signature within your responses or posts in forum threads. There are many photo-hosting websites out there including Photobucket, ImageShack, Webshots and Flikr.com. I personally use Photobucket but they all work very similarly and are free of charge for a limited amount of space (which is a lot).

1. Register at one of the photo-hosting websites much like you did over here at the Connection.

2. Once registered, you can start to upload pics to an "album" or just the account. Each site handles as many folders/albums as you can practically use. For eg..I have one called Miscellaneous, one for sigs, one for my Charger photos, etc etc. You don't have to create one, but if you like organization, it WILL help you down the line when you go back and look for a photo you may need.
    3.Now the UPLOAD part: This can work for animated art like GIFs and videos as well...the default tab or section is entitled "Images from PC" over at Photobucket. Click on "BROWSE", to search your PC for the pic you want to upload. Once you find it (probably somewhere in "My Documents"> Double Click on it and then click on the Upload button on the photo site. (The site will tell you once the upload has completed and whether or not it was successful).

4. If you like, you can name the file whatever you wish by clicking on the line above the image. Again, an organizational thing. Now, you will notice a bunch of "tags" beside the image you uploaded. They all work a bit differently. Each tag line and it's related photo can be copied to your PC's clipboard simply by left clicking on it or you can right click and select copy for some other sites. I like to use the IMG Code Tag to copy for all my sigs and photos so that they show up directly in my responses or posts....as an example, say you want to post a really fugly pic of a, um, well say Mustang, in a thread at the C. You would copy the IMG Code tag or any of the other corresponding tags if you're using Email, Instant messaging, Websites, Blogs and lastly forums or bulletin boards...come back to the forum and within your response, right click and "PASTE" the IMG Code. Submit your post in the thread and the image should be in there. See my example below to get an idea of what the 'TAGS" look like (beside the giant blue arrow) and what you need to copy and then paste.

[​IMG]

Hope this helps some people!

2. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

EXCELLENT!!!

Mnay Thanks Milan.

3. Ozzie

Ozzie New Member

Well done! :thumb3:

4. Quick

Quick Mgmt. - I can't help you

I was wondering about this: I'm using Photobucket. I copy the IMG tags into my posts. What happens if I subsequently move (from one photobucket folder to another photobucket folder) the pic or delete it altogether? Do I end up with a broken link in my post?

5. HEMISFEAR

Yup...if you move the pic to, say another album, and that original IMG Code was pasted in a thread here...the links is broken and all we see it a little box with a red X in it.

6. SRT8NJ

SRT8NJ New Member

Thanks I was tring to figure out how to send pics. I was'nt having much luck...People tell me I am slow..

7. HEMISFEAR

Hey CLove...I know now what you should be next Halloween! Dog the Bounty Hunter! That would be awesome.

8. HEMISFEAR

Really lol!?! I thought calling you a Barbarian would be much more appropriate but didn't want to make your head any bigger LMAO...j/k C. My head is bigger than yours. I mean, um, my head head. Like the one on top of meee shoulders lol...sicko.

9. HAZMAN

HAZMAN New Member

10. HAZMAN

HAZMAN New Member

The Hazman Reflection
    Step1
    make a clean cut out of your ride
    [​IMG]

Step 2
    copy that layer
    then paste it into a new layer
    Flip it and adjust so the low points touch
    [​IMG]

Step 3
    pull up the corners with the warp tool(part of the transform set scale ,rotate, flip, warp)
    [​IMG]

Step 4
    add a little motion blur at 90 degrees
    [​IMG]

Step 5
    Add a shadow layer in between these two layer
    [​IMG]

Step 5
    Tweak everything till you like it
    [​IMG]

Step 6
    Now just you can add your background
    [​IMG]

11. HEMISFEAR

Thanks a lot John! I don't know why I didn't think of that lol. That explains it perfectly! MUCHO GRACIAS! Just a little unsure about the shadow layer since I use Paint Shop Pro but I think I may have a 'drop shadow' effect/filter somewhere.

12. HAZMAN

HAZMAN New Member

I just prefer making my own shadows
    I use the drop shadow' effect/filter the TEXT

13. Grocery Gtr

Grocery Gtr New Member

[​IMG]

14. billyboys

billyboys Full Access Member

[​IMG]

Just trying it out

15. billyboys