275-40-20

Discussion in 'Wheels, Tires, Suspensions & Brakes' started by "show", Aug 7, 2011.

1. "show"

"show" Full Access Member

has or is anyone running a 275-40-20 on the front of their srt8 on the stock 20s? the ones i am thinking of running are 28.7" tall and 10.9" wide. towho has done this is there any issues? if you have what was the specs on your tires?

2. 1fastsedan

1fastsedan Destroyer of Warranties

Plenty of people have done it so they could rotate tires. Personally, I think the wider tire is hard on the steering components...plus good tires usually are directional.

3. Big Bruin

Big Bruin Sea Bass

I did it this spring... Yokohama Parada Spec-X 275-40-20's all around. Fit just fine without any issue.

It feels really good to me... I can't comment on longevity yet, but the ride is nicer and quieter than with the stock RSA's I still had on there.

They are directional, but now I can at least rotate front to back on the same side, too.

4. "show"

"show" Full Access Member

thanks Big Bruin. the Yokohama Parada Spec-X 275-40-20 specs are 28.6 tall, 10.8 section wide and 9.6 tread width. the Atturo Az800 that i am looking at is 28.7 tall, 10.9 section width and 9.3 tread width. those are very close in size. do you have pics of just the front rims and tires?

5. Big Bruin

Big Bruin Sea Bass

I'll try to take some sometime soon. All I saw on my computer was a shot of my fogs that kinda catches the profile of the tire in the front wheel well...

[​IMG]