Go Back   Dodge SRT Forum - SRTConnection > The Workshop > Diablosport Q&A

Diablosport Q&A

Need Diablo help...Car locked..need password

This is a discussion onNeed Diablo help...Car locked..need password within the Diablosport Q&A forums, part of the The Workshop category!
lol at Dave (Quick)... The good news here is that we are reading Dave's conversation to himself and learning at ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2010, 05:33 PM   #11 (permalink)

Mr. Meany

lol at Dave (Quick)...

The good news here is that we are reading Dave's conversation to himself and learning at the same time.
[CENTER]
1bad4dr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 05:38 PM   #12 (permalink)

PUNISHER

I also see alot of people forgetting to load their original backup back into the vehicle before updating the handheld with the latest CROM.
JB Custom Tuned / AFE Stage 2 Intake / BWoody Drop Springs / 275/315 VREDS / Amsoil Motor, Diffs, Tranny / Xenon Depot 6500K HID Lows/Fogs / LED Interior / Borla S / Billet Tech Catch Can / R1 Drilled/Slotted Rotors / AEM UEGO Wideband A/F / Builder Bill Stage 2 Valve Body WADE 12.23-1/4 7.81-1/8

Click the image to open in full size.
CentralTexHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 07:19 PM   #13 (permalink)

06Jeep BackFromtheDead

the original backup tune was in the vehicle. the CROM on the pred was 8r14 (I never updated it after I bought it in 9/07). I did NO modifications to any parameters and have never loaded any other CMR tunes, this was my first time doing anything like this. I followed the download / upload directions exactly as the tuner instructed (he was on the phone with me), the only thing I didn't do that DS recommends is updating to the newest CROM prior to uploading the CMR tune. Newest update is that I got home tonight, tried the fix Mike at DS gave me today, and it didn't work. Now I have to decide by tomorrow afternoon to tow the car to the dealer after work or not. I really don't think I have any other choice at this time, I am just too nervous that I am going to do more damage with all the "fixes" that have been tried and may be recommended going forward.
Old 01-26-2010, 07:24 PM   #14 (permalink)

Mr. Meany

Steve, this really sucks and I can certainly understand your fears and concerns moving forward.

I really don't think there is much to worry about as far as more damage???

Have the dealer reflash the PCM and reload the CMR tune (ensuring that the handheld is updated with the most recent update). Should be golden from there?

At the most, the PCM has become corrupt and needing to be replaced.

Sorry for all your troubles.
[CENTER]
1bad4dr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 08:06 PM   #15 (permalink)

Maximus Want 2 Go Fastius

Steve sorry to hear buddy and hope it works out..

Now for a hijack, before I update to the new CROM version, I should load my OEM tune back into my SRT8 update the CROM to the current version then reload the CMR tune back into the predator and then reflash the PCM?

Last time I went to a newer CROM version it would not let me load a tune into the predator and had to go back yo the previous version to load a tune into the predator and reload it into my car, has this little glitch been fixed???????
NYCSRTATE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 08:22 PM   #16 (permalink)

Mgmt. - I can't help you

Originally Posted by NYCSRTATE View Post

Now for a hijack, before I update to the new CROM version, I should load my OEM tune back into my SRT8 update the CROM to the current version then reload the CMR tune back into the predator and then reflash the PCM?
Any reason you need to update to a newer CROM version? What version are you on?

Last time I went to a newer CROM version it would not let me load a tune into the predator and had to go back yo the previous version to load a tune into the predator and reload it into my car, has this little glitch been fixed???????
That's a new one. What version was that?
Mopar Cat Back
Hotchkis Sways
185* T-stat
Custom tune
Quick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 08:35 PM   #17 (permalink)

PUNISHER

Originally Posted by NYCSRTATE View Post

You've got it down bud thats exactly the way to do it.
JB Custom Tuned / AFE Stage 2 Intake / BWoody Drop Springs / 275/315 VREDS / Amsoil Motor, Diffs, Tranny / Xenon Depot 6500K HID Lows/Fogs / LED Interior / Borla S / Billet Tech Catch Can / R1 Drilled/Slotted Rotors / AEM UEGO Wideband A/F / Builder Bill Stage 2 Valve Body WADE 12.23-1/4 7.81-1/8

Old 01-26-2010, 08:36 PM   #18 (permalink)

PUNISHER

Originally Posted by Dr.Steve View Post
the original backup tune was in the vehicle. the CROM on the pred was 8r14 (I never updated it after I bought it in 9/07). I did NO modifications to any parameters and have never loaded any other CMR tunes, this was my first time doing anything like this. I followed the download / upload directions exactly as the tuner instructed (he was on the phone with me), the only thing I didn't do that DS recommends is updating to the newest CROM prior to uploading the CMR tune. Newest update is that I got home tonight, tried the fix Mike at DS gave me today, and it didn't work. Now I have to decide by tomorrow afternoon to tow the car to the dealer after work or not. I really don't think I have any other choice at this time, I am just too nervous that I am going to do more damage with all the "fixes" that have been tried and may be recommended going forward.

Steve if you do end up getting a new PCM do not leat the dealer keep the original one, I would send it to Diablo and let them take a crack at it and if they can get it cleared then you can resale it or have a backup hopefully it still has your VIN# assigned to it.

Old 01-26-2010, 10:40 PM   #19 (permalink)

06Jeep BackFromtheDead

great idea Wade, I'll definitely ask them for the part back. Tuner is fedexing the new PCM in the morning, truck should be fixed Thursday if god is smiling down on me, then I'll happily ship the old PCM to DS for them to diagnose it!
Old 01-26-2010, 10:41 PM   #20 (permalink)

06Jeep BackFromtheDead

Originally Posted by 1bad4dr View Post
Steve, this really sucks and I can certainly understand your fears and concerns moving forward.

I really don't think there is much to worry about as far as more damage???

Have the dealer reflash the PCM and reload the CMR tune (ensuring that the handheld is updated with the most recent update). Should be golden from there?

At the most, the PCM has become corrupt and needing to be replaced.

Sorry for all your troubles.
thanks much, appreciate the support, hopfully this will all be over very soon and I can go back to loving my commute and every errand I run