Go Back   Dodge SRT Forum - SRTConnection > SRT Forum - SRT-4 & SRT-6 Topics > SRT-4 Dodge Neon > Engine & Performance Modifications

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

Engine & Performance Modifications

P1188

This is a discussion onP1188 within the Engine & Performance Modifications forums, part of the SRT-4 Dodge Neon category!
Check engine light came on in my car this morning, checked the code, P1188 TIP SENSOR PERFORMANCE. Found a thread ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2009, 04:31 PM   #1 (permalink)

Kilroy is long for Kill

Default P1188

Check engine light came on in my car this morning, checked the code, P1188 TIP SENSOR PERFORMANCE. Found a thread that told me: Throttle inlet pressure sensor sees to much boost at partial throttle.

Do the EDTIP mod.

take off the red line running from the Solenoid to the IC Piping. Cap off both ends where the hose connected. Easy. Take you 5 minutes.

Looked it up, and found out exactly which one to cap off, or so I think. Red #1, the middle port? Correct?

Found other guys on the same thread that still got the code when they capped off both sides (sensor and solenoid), said the just capped off the sensor side...which is the right way?
Old 08-01-2009, 01:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Its an overboost code. Get a Stage 1 PCM or Diablosport and you won't see it again. Or...

Are you running the stock wGA?
StillANeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 05:22 PM   #3 (permalink)

Kilroy is long for Kill

Originally Posted by StillANeon View Post
Its an overboost code. Get a Stage 1 PCM or Diablosport and you won't see it again. Or...

Are you running the stock wGA?
i think it is the stock WGA. was driving home today and went to get on it...got to 100 at around 10 psi of boost, car lost power this is getting rediculious
Old 08-01-2009, 09:51 PM   #4 (permalink)

Kilroy is long for Kill

Originally Posted by kilroysneon View Post
Check engine light came on in my car this morning, checked the code, P1188 TIP SENSOR PERFORMANCE. Found a thread that told me: Throttle inlet pressure sensor sees to much boost at partial throttle.

Do the EDTIP mod.

take off the red line running from the Solenoid to the IC Piping. Cap off both ends where the hose connected. Easy. Take you 5 minutes.

Looked it up, and found out exactly which one to cap off, or so I think. Red #1, the middle port? Correct?

Found other guys on the same thread that still got the code when they capped off both sides (sensor and solenoid), said the just capped off the sensor side...which is the right way?
alright... did it like the thread said to... now the car spit these codes out at me

P2074-MANIFOLD PRESSURE/THROTTLE POSITION CORRELATION

- HIGH FLOW/VACUUM LEAK

P1188 TIP SENSOR PERFORMANCE

P1697-EMR (SRI) MILEAGE NOT STORED

WTF????
hooked it up the other way it said to on the post. block off the sensor side, and leave the solenoid side open... so far so good, nothing has been spit out at me yet
Old 08-01-2009, 11:10 PM   #5 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Find someone local to help you out. Or.. Take off your intake and take good pictures of how you have your vac lines setup and I will be glad ot help you.
Old 08-02-2009, 03:04 AM   #6 (permalink)
Non-neon owner

Larry,
I did find this while poking around at work. I do not know how to go about testing majority of the stuff in the list below. Anyone care to chime in on this? I do not own a srt-4 personally but my car is boosted just not controlled by the ECM on boost levels.

P1188 TIP SENSOR PERFORMANCE

When Monitored: During the engine turbocharger boost and non-boost modes.

Set Condition: Non-boost Mode: PCM detects a significant difference between TIP Sensor signal and BARO Pressure signal. Boost Mode: The TIP Sensor is unable to read correct boost level.

POSSIBLE CAUSES:
CHECKING FOR OTHER DTCS
CHECKING THE HOSES AND TUBING
CHECKING THE VACUUM SUPPLY TO SURGE SOLENOID
CONFIRM ALL SOLENOID TEST
GOOD TRIP EQUAL TO ZERO
SOLENOID #3 TEST
SOLENOID TEST #1
SOLENOID TEST #2
SOLENOID TEST #4
TURBOCHARGER
WASTEGATE ACTUATOR

Find someone local to help you out. Or.. Take off your intake and take good pictures of how you have your vac lines setup and I will be glad ot help you.
We have tried signing up on another SRT4 forum but we never get a confirmation email back to activate the account. Thier is one guy that lives around the corner from us but I never see him outside to grab his attention.
StealthWyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 05:49 AM   #7 (permalink)

Kilroy is long for Kill

will take some pics today and shoot them to you. this is getting to be redundant LOL
Old 08-02-2009, 12:30 PM   #8 (permalink)

Kilroy is long for Kill

think i got it. took her out and wrung her out pretty good. no check engine light

well, came on this afternoon.... man, this is getting beyond anoying

Last edited by kilroysneon; 08-02-2009 at 08:13 PM.
kilroysneon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 12:09 AM   #9 (permalink)
Full Access Member

hahaha I had a feeling the light would come back on. I take it you just undid your negative battery terminal and put it ona fter a while. LOL
Check out the how-to section. There is a nice reroute how-to with a ton of picts.
Old 08-04-2009, 07:11 AM   #10 (permalink)

Gear Head

From the looks of the wga setup I am betting the guy jacked up the vac lines pretty seriously.

Here is a decent pic of the stock vac line setup. First thing I would do is compare this to your setup and let us know what the changes are. That way we can help you fix it alot easier instead of just throwing out ideas. The pic is missing the 3rd solenoid with the tip sensor but just look at what is connected where on that and we can help you.

Click the image to open in full size.
2nd guy: Yeah I know thats why I went and got a beer

Blow-Up-Doll Toboggan Olympian #3

Click the image to open in full size.

If you can't figure out what my real name is you probably don't need to know it anyway.
kingnate is offline   Reply With Quote